Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiqa inspection officers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Malarkey101

How did people get on this week was their many in each group?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Roger Careful Pussycat

Anyone hear anything yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭bluethunder

Not a peep, i'm expecting to hear something by Friday at the latest going by what they told us at the assessment centre. Heart skips a beat every time the phone rings/I get an email.

Best of luck everyone.

I know its killing me. Iv never been so close to my phone. Dont know why im so nervous though... i dont have a hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭safc_pete

I know its killing me. Iv never been so close to my phone. Dont know why im so nervous though... i dont have a hope!

There were 48 people interviewed for 16 positions. That's a one in three chance...

• Advertisement

They said we would hear within the next 2 weeks when I was at the assessment so not really expecting to hear anything until next week myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jamoley

Anyone hear anything yet? Been 2 and a half weeks so far since Stage 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭safc_pete

jamoley wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything yet? Been 2 and a half weeks so far since Stage 4.

It's only been a week for me...

Its 2 and a half weeks for me too so im assuming next week at this point. Im stuck to my phone waiting for news!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭roe_cat

Anyone hear anything yet?

• Advertisement

Offered a post. Couldnt take it as was in the wrong county!

Was very upset about it. Would have loved it.

Thought it was just Cork or Dublin - and you say which you're applying for at the beginning?

I applied for cork. Got offered dublin. Apparently its a panel and where ever your on the panel is where you ll be offered. Not sure is dublin or cork first on the panel fillment. I looked for feedback to find where i placed

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Nidot

I applied for cork. Got offered dublin. Apparently its a panel and where ever your on the panel is where you ll be offered. Not sure is dublin or cork first on the panel fillment. I looked for feedback to find where i placed

When you applied did you tick the box that you were interested in both Cork and Dublin?

Did they give you much feedback as to when the fullfillment would be taking place for Cork?

No just said cork. No feedback yet. Was very upset about it. Would have absolutely loved it

No just said cork. No feedback yet. Was very upset about it. Would have absolutely loved it

I wonder why they offered Dublin to you then id you stated just Cork on the application form?

Was it e-mail of phone they contacted you by?

Sorry for all the questions, on edge here waiting.

By phone call. She said it was just position on the panel and thats why i was offered dublin

Still havent heard but im assuming its not good if other have gotten offers.

They may just be waiting to see where they want to put people first. I wouldnt be disheartened yet until officially hear job is not being offered

• Advertisement

Still havent heard but im assuming its not good if other have gotten offers.

I wouldn't necesarily say that's the case.

Of all the people who went for interview only one person has had any subsequent contact.

Will have to wait and see I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sir Nonchalant

Same situation here; not heard anything yet. I don't know though, not sure my assessment day went all that well.
    Nidot wrote: »

Of all the people who went for interview only one person has had any subsequent contact.

Only one person *on this thread* has had any subsequent contact, that's only a handful of people out of 48. Who knows how many others have been contacted.

I'll try and maintain some optimism, though and I certainly prefer your interpretation.

Only one person *on this thread* has had any subsequent contact, that's only a handful of people out of 48. Who knows how many others have been contacted.

There are alot of people on this thread who have commented, I'd be interested to know how many have heard anything back

Nidot wrote: »
    There are alot of people on this thread who have commented, I'd be interested to know how many have heard anything back

I still think its all to play for. I turned it down cause it was in dublin but im hoping against hope they ll come back to me with cork. Until i hear a full out rejection im staying positive. Everyone else should too

Well - it's been 2 weeks and I've heard nothing :(

Oh fair points, Nidot and Roger Careful Pussycat, it's better to stay positive. I was just thinking that others must have been contacted but either haven't checked in here or don't even know the thread exists (The group I was with were entirely unaware)

And roe cat, 3 weeks today for me. Staying positive but kind of want to know one way or the other now really.

3 weeks today for me

Would it fair to assume that everyone commenting on this thread applied for Cork???

Certainly true for me. I'd take either though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭bluethunder

I've been holding back on posting here (didn't want to jinx anything til I got something in writing) but suppose I can give an update now cause I know how frustrating it was to be waiting for a call/email. I got a call last Friday and was offered a post in Cork. Delighted and will be accepting.

@Roger Careful Pussycat: From what you've been saying here, and I may be wrong, it seems to me you were not offered a position/post but only a place on the panel for Dublin? As I understand panels you will be on standby should additional roles come up in the future or someone in the post moves on.

To all the others, I can only say best of luck and hope it works out.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the information bluethunder, hopefully it works well for you, well done.

That does seem to suggest that I get a move on looking elsewhere though.

Advertisement