Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carl Froch vs George Groves

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

What would people think of a Froch v Bika next? I know Carl said post-fight that he wants a Vegas night but isnt Bika WBC Champ? that would be a good scrap imo

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I just seen there that Andre Dirrell was at the fight on Saturday with his brother Anthony...what ever the hell happened to that guy? His brother is doing decent things even got a title shot against Bika a while back...

But Andre looked to be booming for good things...some of ye might remember he was robbed of a decision victory over Froch in the Super 6... I heard the guy has series mental issues and pulled a Pavlik with the drug/drink problems after he started to fade out of the limelight. He also isn't being helped by having 50 Cent in charge of him but it was a shame to see him lose interest.

With regards to Bika it would be a good fight for Froch but I doubt he'd take it if he can get Chavez or even Ward.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

well i haven't watched it back as i seen it in the pub but i thought froch was well up on the scorecards. i was surprised to see how the cards were when he knocked him out. it seemed like groves held back a bit in the early rounds so he wouldn't run out of steam like the last time in the later rounds. Even without the knockout i think froch would have won the fight, was surprised groves didnt use his right hand more. never got off the power punches like the first fight. its a pity cause i wanted george to win. i seen degale looking for his chance next...personally i think froch would take degale apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭hsbc

I reckon Froch will head to Vegas to fight Chavez - if he wins that then he'll retire.

Groves will fight DeGale - potential to be a big money fight due to the bad blood between them. It may not be Groves' next fight but it'll happen within 18 months.

Kessler may fight De Gale before hand.

hsbc wrote: »
    I reckon Froch will head to Vegas to fight Chavez - if he wins that then he'll retire.

Groves will fight DeGale - potential to be a big money fight due to the bad blood between them. It may not be Groves' next fight but it'll happen within 18 months.

Kessler may fight De Gale before hand.

Kessler v Groves would be interesting!

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/latest/feature/exclusive-carl-froch-interview-i-have-sent-horrible-george-groves-back-down-the-hole-he-crawled-out-of
    But I'm not building any of my future or any of my past around George Groves now. He's now been sent back to the hole he crawled out of, as far as I'm concerned. He came out his hole and he just abused me, he's been horrible, and I feel no love or hate nor am I happy or sad for him,

Poor show from Froch in my opinion. Fair play to him for winning the fight and all but he was hardly blameless in some of the sh*t that got thrown around the place in the build-up.

FTA69 wrote: »
    http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/latest/feature/exclusive-carl-froch-interview-i-have-sent-horrible-george-groves-back-down-the-hole-he-crawled-out-of

Poor show from Froch in my opinion. Fair play to him for winning the fight and all but he was hardly blameless in some of the sh*t that got thrown around the place in the build-up.

I dont get why people are on Froch's back about Groves! Groves was a complete d!ck coming up to both fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,005 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Overall George was more the dick in build up to fight 2. Carl tried that bit more to be cooler. Groves was just a bit too petulant. Not sure where Froch goes from here. I don't think he beats DeGale unless he gets another one punch dream shot in. Probably best to make a heap of cash in a rubber match against a past peak Kessler.

Personally I dont want to see another Froch v Kessler...or Froch v DeGale...

I'd love him to go after Bika, getthe WBC then go out on top! I don't see him beating 3G or Chavez Jnr in Vegas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Howshocowpownw

I'd love him to go after Bika, getthe WBC then go out on top! I don't see him beating 3G or Chavez Jnr in Vegas

Wouldn't mind DeGale. Don't want Kessler III

• Advertisement

Bika makes for horrible fights!

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

i couldn't see froch getting up for the deGale fight, it would be like a groves scenario all over again for him, and groves is a better fighter than deGale IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

One thing I hope we see is a result of Froch / Groves II, is that when you make the fights at the right time they will get massive attention. I hope Frampton's team see this.

We lost Price / Fury, thankfully we got Froch / Groves II.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Kessler v Groves would be interesting!

Would be a very risky fight for Groves. He cant afford another loss after the last two so I see the Saurland guys managing him quite conservatively. Maybe a couple of easier fights first to build confidence while working on his defence and stamina issues.

Would set up a Froch v Kessler III nicely though if Kessler were to win.

I see Froch fighting Chavez in Vegas next followed by a final payday in Britian next summer possibly v Ward.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

I would like to see Froch get in with Bika. Bika is one of those boxers with a real awkward style & is hard as nails. That would set him up nicely for a rematch with Ward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I would be very surprised if there is a re match with Ward, why would he want to bow out in defeat?

kryogen wrote: »
    I would be very surprised if there is a re match with Ward, why would he want to bow out in defeat?

Millions and millions of dollars?

:pac:

Not sure it would be a huge seller. Could probably get better money elsewhere.

walshb wrote: »
    Not sure it would be a huge seller. Could probably get better money elsewhere.

I'd agree with you to be honest. Froch v Chavez Jr would probably put more arses on seats than a fight between him and Ward. Is Froch even a big name in America anyway?

• Advertisement

I'd agree with you to be honest. Froch v Chavez Jr would probably put more arses on seats than a fight between him and Ward. Is Froch even a big name in America anyway?

With the whole British hype machine behind him I think he'd be a bigger seller than Ward in America. Chavez or GGG vs. Froch would sell more than Ward against any of the three of them, for example!

There is no way that Ward would be the most lucrative fight out there for him, he would also have no chance of winning, well a punchers chance I suppose at best.

The biggest considerations will be money, prestige and his legacy

Chavez jr fits the bill perfectly imo

• Registered Users Posts: 20,631 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Cant see how people can argue that Carl did not control the fight,
    He did and did so brilliantly, he may not have won every round but he controlled what type of fight it was,
    He constantly broke Groves flow and made him fight the way Carl wanted to, I dont think controlling the fight means you dominate it but more so that it takes place the way u want it to ,

Cant see how people can argue that Carl did not control the fight,
    He did and did so brilliantly, he may not have won every round but he controlled what type of fight it was,
    He constantly broke Groves flow and made him fight the way Carl wanted to, I dont think controlling the fight means you dominate it but more so that it takes place the way u want it to ,

I would kind of agree. Carl decided on the flow and movement in the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

kryogen wrote: »
    There is no way that Ward would be the most lucrative fight out there for him, he would also have no chance of winning, well a punchers chance I suppose at best.

The biggest considerations will be money, prestige and his legacy

Chavez jr fits the bill perfectly imo

Wards talent far outweighs his popularity, no one but hardcore boxing fans know him... and considering what he's achieved that's pretty disgraceful promoting.

Wards talent far outweighs his popularity, no one but hardcore boxing fans know him... and considering what he's achieved that's pretty disgraceful promoting.

He has to look at himself for a lot of that too in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Johnnythefox4

Anyone else think Froch is being a very arrogant and ungracious winner?

Groves' antics made this fight into the event it was and gave Froch his biggest ever payday. I mean even in this interview he disrespects Groves.

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/9337554/boxing-carl-froch-wants-julio-cesar-chavez-jr-ahead-of-james-degale-bout

Anyone else think Froch is being a very arrogant and ungracious winner?

Groves' antics made this fight into the event it was and gave Froch his biggest ever payday. I mean even in this interview he disrespects Groves.

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/9337554/boxing-carl-froch-wants-julio-cesar-chavez-jr-ahead-of-james-degale-bout

No. Groves was a complete d!ck toward Froch for the last year. He played mind games with Froch. If I was in Froch's position and someone did that to me I'd be more that happy to say that I put him in his place....which what Froch is doing. Good on him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

Froch is a horrible winner. Nothing worse to see a person spit all over a guy after beating him. He's nowhere near the top super middleweights, Eubank, Benn, Calzage, Collins would have smashed him, nevermind Jones, Toney, Leonard, Hearns, Hagler, Duran etc.

He's blown up out of all proportion, his movement is ponderous, reflexes slow. His asset is that he has a good chin and is a tough nut but skill wise he's not up to much and certainly not world class. It says it all that he's practically an unknown in the states and hasn't fought in Vegas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭hsbc

Froch will have two more fights imo - first against Chavez in Vegas and then a final fight with Kessler maybe in Nottingham to sign out. DeGale hasn't done enough to get a fight with him.

Advertisement