Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Endurance Racing News Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Killinator

2 cars(suitably stickered up:) ) , Beasjour campsite, this is now our 5th year in a row........they did say it was a bug that got under your skin:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,879 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

We're going on the Thursday Rosslare to Cherbourg boat.

Our crowd did Beauséjour for the first few years too, decided to spend a bit more for the dedicated pitch, as we usually dont arrive until Friday morning.

Look out for the tricolour over Bleu Nord, somewhere near here 47.945434,0.205157 and come in for a beer!

Murphysmen for the win!

AA BEAUSEJOUR seems to be the only place not full so I guess that's where I'll be camping. :P I'll keep an eye out for the tricolours!

We'll have the tricolour up, our cars will be easy spot, I'll post a pic when there ready:)

We're arriving via Rosslare-cherbourg on the Monday at the start of the week, more time to wander on and off the track as teams set up(no marshals/security on Monday or Tuesday), also more chance of meeting a few drivers.
    Arriving early at Beausjour also means we get as much space as we need for tents and parking.

'mon the Fairline Flyer, Murphys ftw!

I should arriving on the Tuesday evening or on the Wednesday, campsite should still be fairly sparse at that stage I hope?

• Advertisement

I should arriving on the Tuesday evening or on the Wednesday, campsite should still be fairly sparse at that stage I hope?

We arrived Tuesday last year and there was acres of space, won't start filling till late Thursday/Friday morning, be grand:)

Killinator wrote: »
    We arrived Tuesday last year and there was acres of space, won't start filling till late Thursday/Friday morning, be grand:)

Grand job. What's the story with access to campsites during sessions? Driving a good distance so will probably be arriving in the evening time and if it's Wednesday that'll be during practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,856 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Just a reminder, the 6 Hours of Imola is on this weekend. At least the European Le Mans Series has (officially) free streaming.

Grand job. What's the story with access to campsites during sessions? Driving a good distance so will probably be arriving in the evening time and if it's Wednesday that'll be during practice.

You can arrive at any time, there's always marshals at the entrance.
    Have your campsite access ticket ready, they'll write your registration on it and check it every time you drive in(you can walk in or out freely).
    They may also ask to see the contents of your boot, checking for motorised scooters/mini bikes(there supposed to be banned this year....not likely to be fully implemented), they will also likely check for large quantities of hard liquor, beer/wine,etc is fine but they seemed to be looking for people bringing in large amounts of vodka, whiskey,etc...

If you have problems there's always marshals cycling around incase they're needed.

Killinator wrote: »
    You can arrive at any time, there's always marshals at the entrance.
    Have your campsite access ticket ready, they'll write your registration on it and check it every time you drive in(you can walk in or out freely).
    They may also ask to see the contents of your boot, checking for motorised scooters/mini bikes(there supposed to be banned this year....not likely to be fully implemented), they will also likely check for large quantities of hard liquor, beer/wine,etc is fine but they seemed to be looking for people bringing in large amounts of vodka, whiskey,etc...

If you have problems there's always marshals cycling around incase they're needed.

There's going to be an awful lot of booze in the car, they might think it too much for 2 people :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

There's a group of us going, leaving Rosslare the Tuesday evening. Really looking forward to it!

Get some Paddy drinks going at some stage so? :D

Get some Paddy drinks going at some stage so? :D

Great idea. The Friday night is quiet enough after the Parade des Pilotes (no track action), so either a bit of a session in the city or up at the fan village at the track perhaps?

I havent been back myself for a few years but my crew tell me La Luas is very handy and they ended up drinking with Status GP in the City after the parade last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

I hate you all :D:D, hopefully I'll be sorted enough to go next year

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Great idea. The Friday night is quiet enough after the Parade des Pilotes (no track action), so either a bit of a session in the city or up at the fan village at the track perhaps?

I havent been back myself for a few years but my crew tell me La Luas is very handy and they ended up drinking with Status GP in the City after the parade last year.

I've never been before so I haven't a clue where anything is :P Is it handy enough getting to the city? I know there's a shuttle straight to the fan village from the campsite but that's as far as my plans are for now :P

Friday evening is pretty crazy at the entrance to Beausjour, much,much hooning:)
    IMG_614522024334259_zpsmlpiwpi1.jpeg

The shuttle bus(which is a slow moving train on wheels) will take you to the main circuit village, you can get the 'luas' at a stop just outside the circuit entrance.

Talking to my mate today, we'll be getting there either the Wednesday or Thursday and I think we should agree on where we set up a Paddy Ghetto. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Ready to be shipped to France

BnyaOo8IEAAmC9v.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Talking to my mate today, we'll be getting there either the Wednesday or Thursday and I think we should agree on where we set up a Paddy Ghetto. :pac:

We're staying in houx, will be hard to miss us if you're around there!

Nismo announcement in one hour, rumored to be the Nissan LMP1

• Advertisement

confirmed Nissan in LMP1 with the GT-R LM Nismo from 2015 onward

• Registered Users Posts: 11,856 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

As a GT-R fanboy, I'm hella hyped for this! :D

These are good times to be a sports-car fan!

Strakka withdraw their Dome Nissan from LM24 after big accident testing at Spa(Danny Watts unhurt)
    They say they don't have enough time to assess, repair and get new spares before LM24.

They will be replaced by Krohn Racings F 458.

Pity about the Strakka, its a lovely looking machine. Oh well, one less P2 competitor for Murphys!

Is it usual to add a reserve car from another class if the reserves of the original class have been exhausted?

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Pity about the Strakka, its a lovely looking machine. Oh well, one less P2 competitor for Murphys!

Is it usual to add a reserve car from another class if the reserves of the original class have been exhausted?
    Ya that's standard enough, though I believe all reserves from all classes are used up now.

Some sort of announcement this Sunday from an American company thought to be Ford, whether its LMP1/P2 or GTE i'm not sure.

There's also a rumor that Honda and McLaren are working on an LMP1 entry based out of Honda's new facility in Milton Keynes.

Grim. wrote: »
    Some sort of announcement this Sunday from an American company thought to be Ford, whether its LMP1/P2 or GTE i'm not sure.

There's also a rumor that Honda and McLaren are working on an LMP1 entry based out of Honda's new facility in Milton Keynes.

Rumours of Flying Lizards returning aswell, they'll have to add a few grid slots next year at this rate

Racecar engineering saying LMP1 for Ford :D

• Advertisement

Grim. wrote: »
    Racecar engineering saying LMP1 for Ford :D

Niiiiice!

Advertisement