Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013/2014 Rugby Jerseys thread

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

If you get this one you can wear it to rugby and Dublin GAA games!

liam_messam_at_all_blacks_training_N2.jpg

AIGDublinLeagueLaunch.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭sweetthing

Deano7788 wrote: »
    I know Cardiff definitely was originally. I'd say it still is. They support Cancer Research Wales and had it on the jerseys. A good few others have done it as well. I remember Newcastle for one.

Fair enough! Doesnt mean I have to like the jerseys,though. Feckin pink pansies ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭SuperCet

awec wrote: »
    I think Ulster and Connacht are due new jerseys next season.

Connacht's BLK one is new this season (13/14) so given most shirts are for 2 years, I would imagine they'll keep it till the end of 2014/15.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,743 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

CatFromHue wrote: »

There you go Swiwi. Sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭statto25

SuperCet wrote: »
    Connacht's BLK one is new this season (13/14) so given most shirts are for 2 years, I would imagine they'll keep it till the end of 2014/15.

Connacht are changing their shirts this summer according to the shirt release schedule I seen a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭SuperCet

statto25 wrote: »
    Connacht are changing their shirts this summer according to the shirt release schedule I seen a few weeks ago.

Ah crap, really liked this years! Fingers crossed next one is as nice - not a huge fan of BLK's Reds' home jersey (or their form this year...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭macslash

Are Mazda the main sponsor next season? If not then maybe that's why they're changing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

No, some local company is the new sponsor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,622 ✭✭✭eire4

Haha no kidding. Even the sponsor is the exact same. What are the odds of that. Who's jersey came out first?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Some Yoke

The new London Irish kit by O'Neills, preferred their last ones but they were very nice imo, new one is back to basics! london-Irish-n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭space2ground1

Any ideas when we'll see the Canterbury Ireland gear designs? Gonna save up a few bob for things like hoodies and tshirts. Canterbury clothing always seems to outlast the others, bar Kukri in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Some Yoke wrote: »
    The new London Irish kit by O'Neills, preferred their last ones but they were very nice imo, new one is back to basics! london-Irish-n.jpg

The black one is decent, looks too much like a GAA jersey.
    London Irish will never top their Kooga efforts, they were awesome.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Yep, they were great - I think I still have mine.

$_12.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Any ideas when we'll see the Canterbury Ireland gear designs? Gonna save up a few bob for things like hoodies and tshirts. Canterbury clothing always seems to outlast the others, bar Kukri in my experience.

Puma deal runs out in August if I remember right.

Eoin wrote: »

$_12.JPG

Yep that's the one I had in mind, I lost a few jerseys in a house move, that was one!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

I had the same one til it got nicked. then I bought a new one but it didn't have the MG Rover logo.
    Eoin wrote: »

$_12.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

Having just recently moved back to Ireland and seen this ad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HrbkxuZuMg

This post makes the ad even funnier now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

That's gas, do the ABs usually have blue training jerseys?... On that thought, do the Dubs have black training jerseys?

I had the same one til it got nicked. then I bought a new one but it didn't have the MG Rover logo.

Right, I'm off to Ebay!!
    Had the cream away one too, which was different kind of fit i.e. XL in green != XL in cream.
    Think Scarlets had a similar jersey back then too!

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

B0X wrote: »
    That's gas, do the ABs usually have blue training jerseys?... On that thought, do the Dubs have black training jerseys?

The AB training jersey changes every year or so. The one this year will probably be different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭gosullivan89

Anyone know where i can buy the Argentina Jersey online?

I can't find it anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Anyone know where i can buy the Argentina Jersey online?

I can't find it anywhere

Only on sale in S. America. Feckin' Nike . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Any word on when the new Irish kit will be released? I'm assuming not until August/september, but I'd love a new Canterbury jersey for holidays!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Eponymous wrote: »
    Any word on when the new Irish kit will be released? I'm assuming not until August/september, but I'd love a new Canterbury jersey for holidays!

Yeah, think it was august last year when the latest one was released.

Looking forward to seeing what canterbury produce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

.ak wrote: »
    Yeah, think it was august last year when the latest one was released.

Looking forward to seeing what canterbury produce.
    They do a great job with the Leinster gear, to be fair. Not so much the jerseys, but the training gear and supporters' merchandise over the last few years has been pretty sweet.

I like their jerseys. The actual design element would be largely down to Leinster.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

.ak wrote: »
    I like their jerseys. The actual design element would be largely down to Leinster.

I find that hard to believe considering the identikit jerseys Canterbury were flogging all over the bloody world a few years back.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I find that hard to believe considering the identikit jerseys Canterbury were flogging all over the bloody world a few years back.

Well I believe they work closely together. But this years jersey is very much a case of what Leinster wanted, as they've hammered out the 4 string motif everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,270 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

This years Leinster is the worst for a long time, maybe the Ireland one will have 32 strings coming into one. The best thing about canterbury is the other kit, t shirts training tops and hoodies etc are usually top drawer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Podge_irl wrote: »

To be fair to them it seems that they have learned their lesson from that debacle. Having said that they always seem to have the Leinster jerseys tie in with whatever the marketing folk in D4 come up with, remember the unicorn jizz/blue magic stuff

Advertisement