Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek (Ricky Gervais and Karl Pilkington Sitcom)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

What song was at the end? Its been while... I'll take a guess at Coldplay "Fix You"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Grimebox wrote: »
    What song was at the end? Its been while... I'll take a guess at Coldplay "Fix You"

Thats the one. Im not sure but maybe its a mild spoiler in itself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

Season 2 coming soon. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Season 2 coming soon. Looking forward to it.

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,782 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Source?
    I'm pretty sure I saw a photo of Ricky directing on set the other day..

.. so can't imagine it's that soon.. end of year probably.

EDIT: Actually.. this was the photo I saw, but it does appear to have been filming late last year, so could be quite soon.

EDIT 2: Yep, 23rd April..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭Glebee

I thought season 2 had screened last year, am I wrong??? I had thought id missed it and was looking out for it online..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

Glebee wrote: »
    I thought season 2 had screened last year, am I wrong??? I had thought id missed it and was looking out for it online..

Not according to Gervais' Facebook feed.

Glebee wrote: »

Season 1 aired last year. The Pilot was screened the year before.

Pilot + Season 1 = 7 episodes (so if you've seen 7, you're up to date)

Just when I thought I couldn't look forward to this series more..

JOE WILKINSON!!!!!!

Basq wrote: »
    Joe Wilkinson
    as Kev's brother! Brilliant.

• Advertisement

Looks decent enough, have my issues with the first series but looking forward to seeing what they.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Series 2 starting this week.

Series 2 starting this week.

Tomorrow night isnt it?

Read during the weekend that Karl Pilkington has a very small role this season.. was only on set for 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Read during the weekend that Karl Pilkington has a very small role this season.. was only on set for 2 days.

Aw no! He was one of the highlights of the first series. I hope that doesn't mean Kev has a bigger role...

I had guessed as much from the trailer. Don't think they'll make anything as near as good as the first season unfortunately, but sure we'll see what happens...

Glad that they've kept the same tone from Season 1 - was worried they'd try to make it more sitcom-y, which would've ruined it, so good to see more of the same. Good ongoing storyline set up for Kev & Derek's Da I think.
    Sad that Dougie has left, but I'm guessing Karl didn't want to commit to a full season. Hopefully he'll pop up again at some point.

#DerekSays Be nice to animals. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Same old tripe im afraid. Derek's father ( father Jack ) seems like a watchable character though. I seen an ad recently for Derek when he falls off a bike. It smacks of the scene from only fools and horses when Del falls at the bar. Will I watch next week? yes. Im a glutton for punishment:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I don't think this really needed a second season to be honest. I thought it ended very well. I will continue to watch but I wasn't overly impressed last night, especially with the exit of Pilkington. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at Kev's childish sex jokes. He just doesn't really make sense as a character. I will try to keep an open mind as the first season really struck a chord with me.

Watched the first few minutes last night but opted to throw on something else instead. There was little there that hadn't been done in the past series and while I wasn't in the mood for it,, I still think the issue is that the writing just isn't strong enough.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know why Karl Pilkington has a very small role this season?

Last night wasnt quite there in terms of the standard of last year

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Gervais is running on pure fumes at this stage. Couldn't identify anything approaching humour in the one episode of this show I watched.

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Gervais is running on pure fumes at this stage. Couldn't identify anything approaching humour in the one episode of this show I watched.

Knocking Gervais is so 2004.

Season one of Derek is excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Looks like its gone from bad to worse. Gervais is so much better than this overly sympathetic rubbish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Knocking Gervais is so 2004.
    Seems to be back in fashion then looking at a lot of the comments on this thread.

A fairly large dip in quality with Wednesday's episode 2!

Is it just me or is Gervais slipping more into himself than the Derek character compared to last year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I saw episode 3 last night, pretty poor to be honest, Karl Pilkington is a big loss to the show.

Kev's brother was too much ... I know Gervais is good at making the awkward/disgusting funny, but it was just depressing ..

Episode 5 was brilliant from start to finish... As much as I miss Pilkington's presence, I think Dougie leaving has worked brilliantly in bringing Kev into the spotlight... Went from thinking he was the weak link in season 1, to now believing he's the best thing about the show - his sculpture of Ivor just showed how great Kev can actually be.

Geoff is an absolute douche - really hope he gets his comeuppance in the season finale next week. Having said that, he's one of those characters I love to hate, which just means the actor is doing a great job.

One of my all-time favourite songs used at the end of the episode, which was a nice surprise...

Was great.. as an
    animal lover, I was in bits too!

That Idlewild song is a corker alright.. though was strange to hear it without Edwin Morgan's poem "Scottish Fiction" playing over the end.

• Advertisement

Episode 5 was a major improvement on the very mediocre and sometimes terrible episodes 3 and 4. Lets hope it stays at a good standard for the finale.

Vicky/Victoria is getting more on screen time this year and thats a good thing.

Has Gervais said if he's going to follow his usual series rule of 2 seasons of 6 and a Christmas special (The Office and Extras) with this?

Advertisement