Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

We went out for a meal yesterday. I was served a tower of cabbage. You heard me. A TOWER, of CABBAGE! Who constructs cabbage into a tower I ask you?

Regarding Dr Who and other heroic-type thingies. It has long been a source of irritation to me that the wimmin were only ever there in order to slow the hero down and make him look....heroic and erm......brave. The 'hero' although light of foot, was usually a bit dim-witted! Maybe they kept the wimmin there only for their brains, but when you think how much cleavage and leg were on show, I doubt they were that interested in their brains. :mad: The light-footed heroes were usually rotten dancers!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

a tower of cabbage??

that's just the tip of the iceberg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

BBDBB wrote: »
    a tower of cabbage??

If yiz knew what my Woof does in cabbage fields, yiz wouldn't order a bungalow of cabbage, never mind a tower of the stuff.

Anyway, after my guest appearance on the Giro coverage on BBC 2 today (0.97secs), it's quite likely that my fanbase and public appearances will now increase exponentially, leaving little time for these updates on boards. I may be gone for some time.......yizzle just have to manage without me for a while......industrial strength valium is great in a crisis.......I'm going to be a celebrity(?) so I'm off to practise chopping vegetables(?) and talking like total cr@p'n stuff(?) about esotheric motivation(?) and how I'm like totally no way for Botox(?).

See? Not only do I know the special words celebrities use, I also know how to make statements(?) sound like questions(?) Man, I'm like todally ossum.

a tower of cabbage??

that's just the tip of the iceberg

:D:D:D We went to the Savoy! :D:D:D

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    :D:D:D We went to the Savoy! :D:D:D

:pac::pac:

ya got me beet there jellybaby :D

• Advertisement

:pac::pac:

ya got me beet there jellybaby :D

No hard feelings, lettuce be friends!

No hard feelings, lettuce be friends!

yeah, lets give peas a chance :D

Struggling now! :D I'm going for a walk in the cabbage patch with Brens Woof! See ya later!

thank goodness, cos I was just thinking I carrot continue :D

ttfn

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Anyone got this cold that's flying around? I've had it since last Thursday and its not getting any better. Every bone in my body is sore :(
    ....and to top it off, the boss told me not to come in until it's totally cleared up.
    Totally understand that, but why couldn't the sun be shining while I'm off :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

sympathy hon xxxx

...and where's the tea to go with it?

Poor little grandson has a chest infection as well so he's not a happy baba :(

Poor Chuckie, get well soon.

Chucken wrote: »
    Anyone got this cold that's flying around? I've had it since last Thursday and its not getting any better. Every bone in my body is sore:(

Yep. Had it almost two weeks now. Medical science is baffled...again. Somehow, I've managed to manufacture 150% of my body weight in snot I mean runny noseness. Throat feels like I've been eating barbed wire; my coughing is interfering with radar at Dublin Airport and Snow White's little helpers have a rota for hammering on my brain.

Otherwise I'm grand, so I am.

Mrs. BrensBenz was showing some symptoms over the weekend - minor in comparison with mine, of course. She took to real honey with real lemons with remarkable results - I'm sure she would recommend it for you. I haven't partaken because I'm happier being miserable and grumpy for weeks on end.

What a pretty picture you paint Brens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Excellent, everybody's outside enjoying the sunshine. I'll just rustle up a jug of Pimms here and some iced tea in case the heat gets too much for anyone.

Hope everybody is enjoying the lovely weather, long may it last.

Anyone got sweet strawberries yet? The last ones I got were tasteless. A dollop of cream too would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

I did all my jobs this morning with the expectation of sitting out in the sun for the afternoon, it's cloudy, windy and cold! But lawn is mowed and three loads of washing are dry. Haven't tried the strawberries yet Jelly

AND the last melons I bought were tasteless too. Are the shops just messing with me? Yep its cloudy here too and nowt done today 'cos I'm having a lazy day just messing about. The grass (mainly weeds!) is almost up to my oxter at this stage, lots of daisies and jinny-joes laughing at me!

What are jinny joes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,149 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I bought some grapes about two weeks ago and they didn't all get eaten. When I got round to throwing out the last few yesterday they still looked remarkably ok. Grapes should not last 2 weeks on the worktop, what have they been treated with?

This thread is now on page 500, is that when they give up? Have to put mod hat on and investigate. Later. The sun is shining.

Every year America test fruit and veg for pesticides and they give us the top 12 fondly known as the dirty dozen, they found 19 different pesticides on a grape!

Ramette wrote: »
    What are jinny joes?

Them be those fluffy white yokes after the dandelion is no longer yeller! If you get my drift.
    looksee wrote: »
    I bought some grapes about two weeks ago and they didn't all get eaten. When I got round to throwing out the last few yesterday they still looked remarkably ok. Grapes should not last 2 weeks on the worktop, what have they been treated with?

I had a pack of pears for ages in the warm kitchen. Hard when I bought them and still hard six weeks later. Just at the end of the sixth week the last two began to soften, but by then the skins were wrinkled. God knows what we are eating! :(

God knows what we are eating! :(

Now, this is where my exhaustive study of thousands of cookery programs comes to the rescue. See, it's not the food that's strange or inferior, you're just not chopping it right or you're using the wrong type of knife or you're not adding enough unheard of "matter" to hide the fact that it's not as good as when you were at school.

Also, before being packed and sent to sit on our supermarket shelves, all of that forn muck is steam-cleaned with the leftover steam cleaners that we didn't buy. All taste molecules are removed and picked up on the superhypomicroexistential mop.

Not to worry though because this years new spuds have arrived! And....Irish strawberries will be here soon. And....in a couple of months, Irish fruit. There's a field of cauliflower maturing nicely next door to BrensBenz Manor and a half acre of carrots nearby. (There was over an acre but a horse went walkabout last week and had an al fresco buffet. But he left the broccoli alone!).

So, you might need to re-mortgage your shed to buy it but WE know how to grow stuff properly.

This has been a party political broadcast on behalf of the North Dublin Growers Party. Terms and conditions apply.

So that's what it was Brens. I used the wrong knife, the wrong way, on the wrong day, on those pears! Hrrumph! If I was Jamie Oliver I'd have drowned them in Virgin Olive Oil, cold pressed of course. If I was Delia I'd have dolloped butter and cream on them. And if I was Nigella I'd have smuvvered them in chawwwwwwwwwkolit with a sexy glint in my good eye! If I was Mary Berry Queen of Cakes, I'd have drizzled a lemon glaze over them with a kind but motherly warning not to eat it all before dinner. If I was Monica Sheridan I'd have nibbled them whilst licking my fingers in a very satisfied fashion. I get it now, I treated them pears disgracefully! My profound apologies to each and every pear.......of pears!

I had the great pleasure to meet some Boardsies at the weekend. Not just Boardsies, but After Hours Boardsies!!!

Guess what? They're all lovely :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057196480

Phooey! how did I miss that!

Chucken wrote: »
    I had the great pleasure to meet some Boardsies at the weekend. Not just Boardsies, but After Hours Boardsies!!!

Guess what? They're all lovely :D

:eek: So you've joined AH? Well you can't say you weren't warned. You have seen my scars, and those of Brens and other O & O's and you still went on a date with them. For shame Chuckie, for shame. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

looksee wrote: »
    This thread is now on page 500, is that when they give up? Have to put mod hat on and investigate. Later. The sun is shining.
    Must close threads circa 10,000 posts but moving onto Vol. 2 early is no problem (and may even be preferable).
    Personally I'd like to see a change of title too but thats just me.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement