Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSF with help from Electric Ireland, Bring you a shocking night of frights.

Options
  • 24-04-2014 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭

Electric Ireland, shocking night of frights, see what I did there?? :p

A big thanks to our hosts, Ross Castle Co Meath, too for giving us their gaff at a reduced price.

The plan is, DeV, a few AH mods and a bunch of donors to SSF head to a haunted castle for the night. There can be only one survivor, ok, we will all get to survive, probably. :p

There will be scares galore, that much we can be sure of. Everything else not so much. We will be live through the evening so suggestions via this thread for things to do will be welcomed along with any spare cash you have floating around for this great cause.

We stuck all the donors names in a large hat and pulled out a load of names. Many people have been approached already. We have 2 places left so if you are over 18, are free on May 17th, don't mind sharing a room, and have donated to SSF via the thread here in AH.

Thank this post and we will pull people out Sunday or Monday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Are you going, Micky? :o
    *flutters testicles *

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Ficheall wrote: »
    Are you going, Micky? :o
    *flutters testicles *

Erm, I had hoped on going but now I'm not so sure :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

we will pull people out Sunday or Monday.

That sounds....interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

There's no such thing as haunted castles. Be honest, lads.. it's a night in a field with mods banging on drums outside of the tent and trying to speak in tongues..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

How about anytime someone in AH gets banned on night of the 17th the mods have do do a shot of spirits?

Drunkest. Modding. Ever.

• Advertisement

Drunk modding and me do not not mix. Ask LizT :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

TheZohan wrote: »
    How about anytime someone in AH gets banned on night of the 17th the mods have do do a shot of spirits?

Drunkest. Modding. Ever.

Or just get drunk and ban everyone, win win

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Drunk modding and me do not not mix. Ask LizT :o

Remember the time I was drunk and it was April fools and I thought you had closed your account and I spammed the AH mod forum with COME BACK WHOOPS!!

Yeah, drunk modding and me don't mix either :D

LizT wrote: »
    Remember the time I was drunk and it was April fools and I thought you had closed your account and I spammed the AH mod forum with COME BACK WHOOPS!!

Yeah, drunk modding and me don't mix either :D

Yes, and my PM inbox, and my visitor messages. I remember :P

Not as bad as the time you gave someone a yellow card and I called you a meany on thread though :o

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You should see Drunk Adminning.... :):p

• Advertisement

DeVore wrote: »

Cleaning up airsoft?

DeVore wrote: »

We have ;)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057117655

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Be gas if the ghosts got drunk

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

antodeco wrote: »
    Be gas if the ghosts got drunk
    Spirits, is it?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Booze.

I'll get me coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I hate you guys so much!!! :( There are a load of people leaving for the summer in the place I work very soon, so not even a little chance of getting a night and a half off for this :'( And my name would win the hat, because if I was gonna enter I'd sub and change my name to something SUPER long :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Lads, I can't find the pm inviting me....could you get the tech gurus on that? Ta!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

We will be live through the evening
    What does this actually mean? :-/

Camaras...obviously ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Probably a bit of torture first to build up to the murder at night-fall followed by resurrection as zombies.

• Advertisement

Can I come?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Can I come?

Sadly Too quickly says your OH :)

Camera crew are doing a live web feed. For those who don't want to been seen on camera we have many different animal head masks and different coloured robes :pac:

I jest about the camera crew and robes, animal masks are still an option though.

We will be online and give updates about how things are going as the night progresses.

The draw will take place later this evening so please put your name down if you want to be in with this once in a life time opportunity :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Robes?

As if AH mods wear clothes at such events... we all know ye love getting your kit off ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

I put on my robe and wizard hat...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

I'd be interested in a wizards sleeve :)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,908 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I've stayed there, it's scary as fcuk!! God help whoever's in the tower bit, you have to go up this spiral staircase, through this incredibly creepy room with a load of animal skins and taxidermy and one of those old style rocking cradles. I remember going up to get something out of my room at night (on my own, like an idiot) and thinking "If I go into that room and that cradle is rocking, I'm going to completely lose my sh1t."

It didn't help that we were all completely mouldy drunk and we all kept hiding in wardrobes/showers etc and jumping out on whichever poor sod came into the room next. One girl nearly pissed her pants. Good times!

The acting group that came out of Boards (called No Drama) stayed there and man... they freaked each other out. That room you describe... yeah, the first time we discovered it we all looked at each other like "ok, this is ... wack :)"

• Advertisement

because if I was gonna enter I'd sub and change my name to something SUPER long :(

dannies_penis?

Advertisement