Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ronan Mullen running for Europe

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Thanks for the idea, this will be the first EU/local (can't really be bothered with the latter) elections that I'll vote in.

As an aside, I wonder why Ben of the Clan Giolla Rua (sounds kinda like Game of Thrones mixed with Gaelic history, don't you think?) is going for the European Parliament anyway.

€ I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

Nodin wrote: »
    He's at 3%, according to the Indo.
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/sf-on-course-for-euro-election-victories-but-fgs-kelly-faces-defeat-30219993.html

Would it be possible to use tactical voting to ensure he finishes behind Ben Gilroy, I wonder.....

Was that what that "judgement day" ****e they were running on the ads for the **** Dependant was?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,851 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Wait, what "judgement day" shite?

Was that what that "judgement day" ****e they were running on the ads for the **** Dependant was?

I presumed the fire in the background was the SF meps supposedly running riot and eating babies, but yes, could be that.
    Wait, what "judgement day" shite?

TV ad for the indo article about the elections. You could always e-mail Denis "no crimninal convictions" O'Brien about it and ask for clarification. Be careful though, I hear he can unholster and fire off a solictors letter in under a second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

• Moderators Posts: 51,726 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

oceanclub wrote: »

Guy was leader of a group responsible for the largest number of child abuses in the history of the state and Ronan wants to have a street in every county named after him??? /headdesk

If you can read this, you're too close!

oceanclub wrote: »

...by jaysus, he's up there with the ground breakin policies isn't he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

It's like he is incapable of having a thought that isn't related to religion.

I mean, this is his big soundbyte close to the elections that's supposed to get us to vote for him?

"Let's take a street that has a name and give it a different name".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I've a better idea, how about we name a street in each county after the people that were brave enough to fight the Vatican when it came to the sex abuse cases it covered up for decades.

Naming streets after a man who covered up sex abuse for decades is the ultimate insult to all the victims! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators Posts: 51,726 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Cabaal wrote: »
    I've a better idea, how about we name a street in each county after the people that were brave enough to fight the Vatican when it came to the sex abuse cases it covered up for decades.

Naming streets after a man who covered up sex abuse for decades is the ultimate insult to all the victims! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    imagine being someone who suffered abuse and your town was selected for JPII street :(

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Why don't we call the street that he's living on Christine Buckley Avenue? :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Why don't we call the street that he's living on Christine Buckley Avenue? :pac:

Now thats something i can support, infact I'd support starting a lobby group to get a street named after her.

Also I'd support the naming of a street (ideally in Clonmel) after this clip from Michael O' Brien the former mayor of Clonmel a few years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Christ. I never saw that before. Someone needs to name a street after that fella right enough, and send the apologists like Ronan running down it in a state of terror :mad::mad::mad: I haven't the words to call that Mullen wan on his ignorance and might get modded for even saying that above but....christ. Breathe Obliq, breathe....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Briefcase wanker boulevard.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,340 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Might not be too bad an idea actually. I'd love to drive my car over Pope John Paul II

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

The latest news from Mullen is that he's on an all-male pro-life panel soon:

http://www.ionainstitute.ie/index.php?id=3550

Just gets better and better.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,851 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I just had a horrendous thought about that...a shape, the word "literal" and the suffix "-jerk" come to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

A climb for life sounds exceptionally dreary. Why wouldn't God just stop the abortions like, rather than getting people to climb a random mountain. What's a climb for life going to achieve?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

lazygal wrote: »
    What's a climb for life going to achieve?

Well it was either that or go and visit St Kevin's Stump again :pac:

A climb for life sounds exceptionally dreary. Why wouldn't God just stop the abortions like, rather than getting people to climb a random mountain. What's a climb for life going to achieve?

painful feet for anyone trying to do it barefoot?
    Oh and if fools go unprepared it'll waste the time of emergency services, thats the problem with attracting non hill walkers to walk a hill once or maybe twice a year

Well it was either that or go and visit St Kevin's Stump again :pac:

Or another mass. There's always something to be said for another mass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

I just had a horrendous thought about that...a shape, the word "literal" and the suffix "-jerk" come to mind.

Would this shape have no corners or other sharp edges to it?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Cabaal wrote: »
    painful feet for anyone trying to do it barefoot?
    Oh and if fools go unprepared it'll waste the time of emergency services, thats the problem with attracting non hill walkers to walk a hill once or maybe twice a year

My house is on the flight path from Croagh Patrick to Mayo General Hospital. Rescue 118 is practically a daily sight as it commutes to and fro.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Would this shape have no corners or other sharp edges to it?
    You mean, like Mr Mullet, completely pointless?

"A significant minority of voters now feel politically homeless Many Irish voters are socially conservative, but are not particularly right-wing economically. Where is the party that represents them?"
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/a-significant-minority-of-voters-now-feel-politically-homeless-1.1789998?page=1

so asks journalist and payout recipient Breda O'Brien. Read the full article for the laughs she wrings from this seemingly dry subject.

Nodin wrote: »
    "A significant minority of voters now feel politically homeless Many Irish voters are socially conservative, but are not particularly right-wing economically. Where is the party that represents them?"
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/a-significant-minority-of-voters-now-feel-politically-homeless-1.1789998?page=1

so asks journalist and payout recipient Breda O'Brien. Read the full article for the laughs she wrings from this seemingly dry subject.

what about the poor extreme Islamic's? Who represents them in Ireland in this day and age? :pac:

Who speaks out for the militant atheists?????

• Advertisement

Who speaks out for the militant atheists?????

Yer man Nugent is far too civil. We need some shaven headed scarred tattooed deviant with a hook for a hand as Godless Heathen in Chief.

Advertisement