Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ronan Mullen running for Europe

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

lazygal wrote: »
    Who speaks out for the militant atheists?????
    Nodin wrote: »
    Yer man Nugent is far too civil. We need some shaven headed scarred tattooed deviant with a hook for a hand as Godless Heathen in Chief.

Splitters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Be advised that though the following is mildly humorous, it does contain Mullen.

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2014/05/12/bringing-it-all-back-home-2/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

haha

7c0a314f1b360ecf86e815e0b4cf1d84__20140512040018.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Cabaal wrote: »
    haha

He looks scarily like Brian Cowen after lipo

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Stheno wrote: »
    What is thought cannot be unthought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Big Ignorant ****er From an Oratory?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

crossed with briefcase wanker from inbetweeners.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

robindch wrote: »
    What is thought cannot be unthought.
    It's going round and round in my head :(
    freyners wrote: »
    crossed with briefcase wanker from inbetweeners.

I had to google him, it's scarily similar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Nodin wrote: »
    "A significant minority of voters now feel politically homeless Many Irish voters are socially conservative, but are not particularly right-wing economically. Where is the party that represents them?"
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/a-significant-minority-of-voters-now-feel-politically-homeless-1.1789998?page=1

so asks journalist and payout recipient Breda O'Brien. Read the full article for the laughs she wrings from this seemingly dry subject.

She need look no further than Fine Gael and/or Fianna Fail, both socially conservative, economically centrist parties. But that wouldn't suit her bleatings - what she should really be saying is that they are not conservative and right-wing enough for her.

Of course the other answer is 'start your own party if it means that much to you, and see how you do at the polls', but of course that won't happen.

The last sentence is hilarious coming from her:
    While no-one want to see the rise of extremist politics, a tolerance of a wider range of views could only be healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Mullen's ads are constantly showing up in my news feed. The cheeky git keeps deleting comments too,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Galvasean wrote: »
    Mullen's ads are constantly showing up in my news feed. The cheeky git keeps deleting comments too,

Yeah, hes big on freedom of speech.

Cabaal wrote: »
    haha

You'd feel sorry for the poor women, having to kneeel down for the photo with Mr. Dwarf.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Seems like we could do a bit better than commenting on the guy's height?

keane2097 wrote: »
    Height? That's a lifestyle choice that Mullet has made. Being small is an abomination. He should stop being small.

keane2097 wrote: »

There is a legend going around that the actor Alan Ladd was very sensitive about being (relatively, he was taller than me for example) short, and during the movie Shane (where he played the eponymous hero), his co-actor Van Heflin had to walk in a trench beside Alan because the latter didn't want to be shown to be shorter than his co-star. Now it is true that there was compensation made to make the two look the same height wherer in real life Helfin was much taller than Ladd, but whether it was due to director wishes or insecurity we don't actually know.

The reason why I tell this story is that every time I see a photo of Mr. Dwarf he is alwas shot to make himself look tall. It is this (aphocryphal) Laddish tendency that I am mocking, not Mr. Dwarf's lack of height. I am only 5'5" myself after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

He was on Vincent Browne's debate on TV3 last night. When I switched to it there were a load of people roaring at each other including Mullen so I couldn't be bothered with it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Briefcase wanker is sending out this letter to people

rmullenn5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Canvassssssssss frienddddddddd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

In addition to everything else that firmly identifies him as a complete tool, here are some further gems where he declared his support for exporting greyhounds to China.

http://debates.oireachtas.ie/seanad/2011/10/25/00005.asp
    In 2009, Bord na gCon — a semi-State body responsible for the control and development of the industry in Ireland — received €13.6 million in Government subsidies and in 2010 it received €11 million. I believe it is now seeking €15 million to develop a business venture in China, where it intends to build racing stadia and infrastructure, which could be a very valuable new opportunity to expand the employment provided by the industry
    There are exciting possibilities for the greyhound industry, and I have mentioned the possibility of exporting animals to China and elsewhere. We should research this fully and support such initiatives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Seeing that piece of slim using that address breaks my heart, we dont want him back:mad:

There's a fella at a busy set of traffic lights here in Galway wearing a cutout poster of Ronan over the upper part of his body. I will try and get a photo tomorrow.

Edit: there is a YouTube clip on the galway city election thread that i am too tired to figure out how to use here.

^^^ This guy?

Warning - Before viewing this video, please ensure there are no sharp objects near you. For Mr Mullen attempts to "boogie on down".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

mosi wrote: »
    In addition to everything else that firmly identifies him as a complete tool, here are some further gems where he declared his support for exporting greyhounds to China.

http://debates.oireachtas.ie/seanad/2011/10/25/00005.asp

Seems like not a bad idea, seeing as how Chinese gamblers have made Macau a bigger haven (in terms of revenue) than Las Vegas.

They just need to find a way around the fact that gambling in China is illegal. A minor detail, I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

pauldla wrote: »
    Seems like not a bad idea, seeing as how Chinese gamblers have made Macau a bigger haven (in terms of revenue) than Las Vegas.

They just need to find a way around the fact that gambling in China is illegal. A minor detail, I'm sure.

I'm not sure how they were going to go about things in terms of the gambling issues, if it was going to be limited to Macau, and so on.
    However, the plan to export greyhounds was abandoned following a big public outcry, although there are still plans to invest in infrastructure.
    The big issue was that there are no animal welfare laws there (and things are pretty bad for greyhounds here as it is). Even many of the usual political suspects who support greyhound racing balked at this particular plan. Interestingly, Australia - the primary exporter of greyhounds to Macau - has recently banned all exports due to the inadequate welfare conditions there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

robindch wrote: »
    ^^^ This guy?

Warning - Before viewing this video, please ensure there are no sharp objects near you. For Mr Mullen attempts to "boogie on down".

mosi wrote: »
    I'm not sure how they were going to go about things in terms of the gambling issues, if it was going to be limited to Macau, and so on.
    However, the plan to export greyhounds was abandoned following a big public outcry, although there are still plans to invest in infrastructure.
    The big issue was that there are no animal welfare laws there (and things are pretty bad for greyhounds here as it is). Even many of the usual political suspects who support greyhound racing balked at this particular plan. Interestingly, Australia - the primary exporter of greyhounds to Macau - has recently banned all exports due to the inadequate welfare conditions there.

WESTERN LIES! YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND CHINA! RUNNING DOG IMPERIAL LACKEY oh all right, you have a point. There are barely any human welfare laws here, it seems sometimes, so the hounds would indeed face a grim future if they were brought to the Middle Kingdom. I'd have thought Macau and HK would have been a bit more on the ball as far as animal welfare rights go, though. Did I read about a plan to open a greyhound track in one of the northern provinces?

Baby formula milk, that's what we should be exporting to China IMO, though I've looked into the shipping charges and suffering hellsfire, it's expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,001 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

People getting worked up about greyhound rights, in a country with no respect for human rights...

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement

ninja900 wrote: »
    People getting worked up about greyhound rights, in a country with no respect for human rights...

WESTERN LIES! YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND CHINA! etc etc etc

Advertisement