Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 NFL Draft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Love watching him play but there was something about him when I saw him on Gruden Camp that made me just think that there's something not right here.

When Russell Wilson was on it, it was if he didn't know the cameras were there at all and it was like an old mentor talking talking to a young football enthusiastic QB. When Johnny Football was on it, he seemed very aware of the cameras and looked and spoke as if it was a PR job.

Of course there's a fair chance I'm completely bonkers and reading far too much into what amounted to about a half hour of video footage but that's largely all I can judge on apart from his tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭theRB

Paully D wrote: »
    Wow, fair play mate that's superb. Which picks did you get spot on?

Clowney, Robinson, Watkins, Mack, Matthews, Evans, Gilbert, Mosley, Verrett and Benjamin. Thought I had only done alright to be honest but I guess only 2 people did better than alright :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

That looks incredibly fake. Even the wording reads the exact same as what twitter draft nerds would say. Jeff Howe seems to think so too - says there's no way the Pats grade players 0-10. Linked this as backup to how they really grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Seems very accurate for me. Would have said very similar about his character and work ethic.

Is it just me who is not bothered by these supposed character concerns involving Manziel?

The guy has got to the to despite bring from a privilegðd background. Coming out of high school he was a 3 star recruit but again through his own hard work became a Heisman winner.

He autograph "scandal" is only an issue because he is in college.

The arrest was him trying to prevent a "friend" who directed a racial slur at a guy on the street from getting best up. Manziel was stupid for putting himself in the position and having fake ID. These are not drug/drink scandals.

The money in the pro game won't affect him as he is used to bring around it.

My worries are strictly base on how he holds up taking hits if he tries to do too much Johnny a Football stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

That looks incredibly fake. Even the wording reads the exact same as what twitter draft nerds would say. Jeff Howe seems to think so too - says there's no way the Pats grade players 0-10. Linked this as backup to how they really grade.

The outlaw bloodlines part sealed the deal for me. Complete horseshít imo.

• Advertisement

Love watching him play but there was something about him when I saw him on Gruden Camp that made me just think that there's something not right here.

When Russell Wilson was on it, it was if he didn't know the cameras were there at all and it was like an old mentor talking talking to a young football enthusiastic QB.

Ssssshh don't let Neil3030 hear you praise Wilson or you'll know all about it

Apparently the 9 defensive backs drafted in the first round last night, was the most in draft history.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭crunchie44

Where are you guys going to watch tonight's draft?

crunchie44 wrote: »
    Where are you guys going to watch tonight's draft?

Alternating between the couch and watching it on gamepass via the TV, or sitting in front of the PC.

Edit: Welcome to the forum btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Is it just me who is not bothered by these supposed character concerns involving Manziel?

The guy has got to the to despite bring from a privilegðd background. Coming out of high school he was a 3 star recruit but again through his own hard work became a Heisman winner.

He autograph "scandal" is only an issue because he is in college.

The arrest was him trying to prevent a "friend" who directed a racial slur at a guy on the street from getting best up. Manziel was stupid for putting himself in the position and having fake ID. These are not drug/drink scandals.

The money in the pro game won't affect him as he is used to bring around it.

My worries are strictly base on how he holds up taking hits if he tries to do too much Johnny a Football stuff.

He seems very lazy in terms of his work ethic tbh and seems he has gotten by purely on skill. It will be interesting to see what his attendance was like at voluntary camps, if that scout report is bull****. But considering the guy knew nothing about the mental side of the game then I can't imagine he dedicated lots of hours in the study/film room.

With his off-field love of attention, going out etc I really do wonder if Manziel is going to be happy/able to sit in on a Saturday night and read over his playbook, study the films and take notes? He loves playing football, but who doesn't?

I think it was Ray Lewis who summed it up when he said he gets paid for Monday-Saturday, and he plays for free on Sunday. Basically the preperationg/training is the hard part and playing the game is the fun part. It's easy to do the fun part, the hard part will be staying in on those Friday/Saturday nights and studying to be the best QB. I'd have little faith in Manziel being willing to do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I actually thought that when I was reading it, seems like something a fan would write more so than an NFL scout.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭crunchie44

Alternating between the couch and watching it on gamepass via the TV, or sitting in front of the PC.

Edit: Welcome to the forum btw.

Thanks Corvus.

I'm looking forward to it now. pity my beloved Bears aren't up until 51st pick but I'm hoping they will trade up to grab a DT before the good ones are gone

He seems very lazy in terms of his work ethic tbh and seems he has gotten by purely on skill. It will be interesting to see what his attendance was like at voluntary camps, if that scout report is bull****. But considering the guy knew nothing about the mental side of the game then I can't imagine he dedicated lots of hours in the study/film room.

With his off-field love of attention, going out etc I really do wonder if Manziel is going to be happy/able to sit in on a Saturday night and read over his playbook, study the films and take notes? He loves playing football, but who doesn't?

I think it was Ray Lewis who summed it up when he said he gets paid for Monday-Saturday, and he plays for free on Sunday. Basically the preperationg/training is the hard part and playing the game is the fun part. It's easy to do the fun part, the hard part will be staying in on those Friday/Saturday nights and studying to be the best QB. I'd have little faith in Manziel being willing to do that.

All the going out was during the offseason though. Look I could be way off base and I'm happy to be proven wrong but I have faith in him.

Browns are now rivalling the Titans as my 2nd team

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

is the draft on tv anywhere tonight or just on gamepass? cant find it listed anywhere

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

All the going out was during the offseason though. Look I could be way off base and I'm happy to be proven wrong but I have faith in him.

Browns are now rivalling the Titans as my 2nd team

Bah turncoat!!!

Bah turncoat!!!

Jake has one final chance to keep me on board!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Jake has one final chance to keep me on board!!

And most of Tennessee it seems...

I just realised that the Panthers took Kelvin Benjamin in the 1st. With the WR talent on the board that is just an awful pick. Lee, Matthews or Robinson would all have been much better choices. That being said I expect them to take another WR tonight and maybe it'll work out ok

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Josh Gordon facing 1yr suspension for failed drugs test. I think i see the Browns going for Marquise Lee...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Cowboys move up to 2 after Su'a Filo picked for Texans.

EDIT: Demarcus Lawrence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

I'm guessing the Raiders are happy, two very interesting picks.

That's a big statement by Belichick, going after a QB, but I suppose Brady has been on the decline these past few years.
    /que outrage :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Feeling mixed about the Colts so far. There were a lot better options available at #59 for the line and seems we just took a backup utility player. Then got a really good deal in the third and added a great 20 year old receiver. But it wasnt anywhere near an area of need. Safety,Centre, NT and Corner all still havent been addressed. Hopefully we trade next years 3 for a high fourth this year and try to take one of them good corners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭franglan

Any idea where I can watch a rerun of day two. I've signed up to game pass but can't find it on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

franglan wrote: »
    Any idea where I can watch a rerun of day two. I've signed up to game pass but can't find it on that.

Try the NLF Network section on GamePass. Should be in the program list there, I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

kev_s88 wrote: »
    Josh Gordon facing 1yr suspension for failed drugs test. I think i see the Browns going for Marquise Lee...

Deary me, gotta feel for Brown's fans.

The potential to have a 100 million dollar career and he's tossing it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭franglan

Knex. wrote: »
    Try the NLF Network section on GamePass. Should be in the program list there, I would have thought.

Can't find it on that, which is a little disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

I'm guessing the Raiders are happy, two very interesting picks.

That's a big statement by Belichick, going after a QB, but I suppose Brady has been on the decline these past few years.
    /que outrage :pac:

More to do with the Pats feeling Mallett is both expendable and of trade value. Would still be a big gamble to leave a rookie as Brady's back-up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Good read on the Jaguars process in selecting Blake Bortles:

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/74930640/jacksonville-jaguars-evaluation-of-blake-bortles#!LJRLE

They're certainly going to give him as much chance as they possible can and are thinking long-term. Couple of very nice weapons for him last night too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Jags will make the playoffs. Was thinking it before the draft but after adding all them pieces over the last two nights i really believe it.

Advertisement