Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 NFL Draft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

For anyone who missed the TV coverage...

BnKYSieIIAEtqCp.jpg:large

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'll be watching anyway, 5 49ers picks tonight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭nerd69

adrian522 wrote: »

they will hardly use all of them will they im shocked they didnt trade up last night

• Registered Users Posts: 17,034 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I'll tune in some time on Sunday, after the Seahawks trade down to 463 7th Round picks.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    I'll tune in some time on Sunday, after the Seahawks trade down to 463 7th Round picks.

and pick up hall of famers with them :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Missed it all last night so I'll definitely tune in tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

5 in 2 rounds :confused:
    God i despise the 49'ers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

nerd69 wrote: »
    they will hardly use all of them will they im shocked they didnt trade up last night

Agree they won't use them all but they will use some of them. Pick 100 is a compensatory pick so they will have to use that.

They could move up in the second round I guess or more likely stockpile more picks for next year.

Apparently last night they were interested in OBJ but did not want to give up future firsts to move up to the top 10.
    We certainly liked him as a football player, no doubt about it,” Baalke said. “But … the price of doing business when you’re trying to move from (No. 30) up into the top 10 or close to the top 10 becomes pretty stiff. And you’re giving up a lot of football players to go get one football player. And if you look at history, a lot of time it works against you.”

If he or Kyle Fuller had been still there around late teens early 20's then they may have moved up but no point moving up just for the sake of it.

Quote from Trent Baalke on the WR depth leads me to believe that they were never likely to trade up for any receiver other than OBJ.
    “We feel good about the wide receiver corps all the way through the draft,” Baalke said. “We feel there’s going to be value to be had at every level. That’s one of the positions we felt all along had some depth to it.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Really disappointed to see Ebron go to Detriot. It's a bad move for both parties. Also if he's going to be like Jimmy Graham then why did they overpay for Golden Tate? How much of the ball is he going to see? I don't want to see Ebron blocking for the year. Really should of taken a CB or Safety.

Also Dee Ford may well be a good player in the NFL. But how many snaps will he see? Bit underwhelming for a first rounder if you're a Chiefs fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

The Lion’s pick boggles my mind, thought a defensive back was nailed on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Any takes on Kyle Fuller at 14?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Love the Lions pick. So much depth at corner that they will pick up a really good one in the second round.

SameOleJay wrote: »

I like the pick, I'd have liked the 49ers to have taken him, you can't have enough good corner. If your pass defense isn't good you are at nothing in the NFL.

I was expecting the Bears to take a safety there to be honest but that was a good pick too,

dq3loqgvmldnhrth4lq6.png

pie chart for a mentions of a players name on espn i recon it may have been even worse on nfl network

edit:expect manziel to still top it tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

SameOleJay wrote: »

Fantastic pick-up really, best corner in the draft

just rewatching superbowl 39 i think manziel could be very similar to donovan mcnabb but better under pressure and throws riskier balls

iv not herd the comparison yet but mcnabb really looks like him the way he acts in the pocket

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Tuned out after the Manziel pick. Nice to see the Vikings got a QB. Bridgewater could be a good move for them. They did well getting Anthony Barr aswell.

Surprised Marquis Lee wasn't picked. He will be a good pick up for a team looking for a good reciver

As a Giants fan, I'm not very happy with our pick. There were more pressing needs than another WR. We could have added to the OL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

nerd69 wrote: »
    just rewatching superbowl 39 i think manziel could be very similar to donovan mcnabb but better under pressure and throws riskier balls

iv not herd the comparison yet but mcnabb really looks like him the way he acts in the pocket

It's a pretty good comparison, only difference is height/weight which gave Donovan an advantage in taking hits. If Manziel can come in and have a similar career to McNabb the Browns have done very well! I think that both guys were obviously very improvisational, took unfancied college programmes to big games, had great arms for throwing on the run and when the play broke down they could make things happen on the fly.

frostie500 wrote: »
    It's a pretty good comparison, only difference is height/weight which gave Donovan an advantage in taking hits. If Manziel can come in and have a similar career to McNabb the Browns have done very well! I think that both guys were obviously very improvisational, took unfancied college programmes to big games, had great arms for throwing on the run and when the play broke down they could make things happen on the fly.

dont know why i didnt see it before

• Advertisement

Mine fell apart after the 2nd pick last night. I think Texas should take Jimmy Garoppolo. I rate him over Derek Carr

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I really want him to be a Titan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭theRB

Does anyone know if the nfl.com Mock Draft competition is fully updated yet? I think I might have done rather well...
    PQvwpW8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Mine fell apart after the 2nd pick last night. I think Texas should take Jimmy Garoppolo. I rate him over Derek Carr

They won't take a QB in the 2nd round, likely to go d-line again I reckon and get their QB in the 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

theRB wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the nfl.com Mock Draft competition is fully updated yet? I think I might have done rather well...
    PQvwpW8.jpg

Wow, fair play mate that's superb. Which picks did you get spot on?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Supposed Patriots scouting report on Manziel. I first seen Deadspin reporting it who cited the below link as the source:

http://www.brobible.com/sports/article/johnny-manziel-scouting-report-new-england-patriots/
    Last night, Johnny Manziel dropped all the way to the 22nd pick in the 2014 NFL draft, to the surprise of many. As Johnny Football’s stock plummeted before our eyes, an anonymous tipster contacted BroBible saying that he obtained Johnny Manziel’s scouting report from a New England Patriots employee. He then sent us the PDF file of said scouting report.

The Patriots intel doesn’t exactly paint Manziel in a favorable light, knocking his off-the-field work ethic, personal life choices, and although it stops short of calling him a locker room cancer, it says there is resentment from his teammates “in the offseason when he isn’t coming to workouts and they are busting their butt.” The report goes on to question the family he comes from, noting that it’s a family with “outlaw bloodlines,” whatever the hell that means.

The Patriots’ report does, however, praise his size saying that Manziel boasts, “High, knotted calves, with pretty gd. thickness through the thighs and bubble” and that that he has “big hands and feet.”

It’s unclear if similar conclusions were reached by the other 31 NFL teams, but it certainly highlights concerns about the Heisman Trophy winner.

The full report is below.

We reached out to the Patriots organization but our request for comment was not immediately returned.

manziel-1.png

manziel-2-1.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Seems very accurate for me. Would have said very similar about his character and work ethic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,200 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I've never liked Manziel because of everything said in that scouting report. I don't think he will make it in the pros unless he grows up soon.

Advertisement