Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday Night Raw 5-5-14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Also, don't know if anyone spotted it but JTG is a rosebud! Yay! I'll try and get a picture up if I can!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Angry Mick Foley compared the Kane-Bryan storyline to the stuff that killed of Zack Ryder when fued with Kane.

kane_wheelchair_USE.jpg

He's not wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,122 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

rovert wrote: »
    Angry Mick Foley compared the Kane-Bryan storyline to the stuff that killed of Zack Ryder when fued with Kane.

kane_wheelchair_USE.jpg

He's not wrong.

He's not.

Having your champ, who spent about a year taking on The Authority and not backing down, running away from Kane, who was Stephanie's bitch a few weeks ago, might kill his momentum a bit.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I really hate how Bryan is being booked vs Kane. Running away from him would make Bryan look a coward at the best of times, but combined with how Kane is only SuperSerious Kane for 2 weeks....it's dreadful booking that makes it hard not to think they want to kill his momentum.

The rest of the show meanwhile.....Well, Extreme Rules may as well not have happened really. Sheild/Evolution, Cesaro/RVD, BNB/Big E, Cena/Wyatts, even Torito/Hornswoggle all continue on in a way where the results from the PPV feel like they didn't matter. Rose's entrance doesn't have half the charisma the one in NXT did and his first segment was useless.

Really disliked this show :/

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Daniel Bryan is doomed.

pathetic storytelling; absolutely disgraceful.

if i didn't know better, i'm convinced they're trying to destroy him on purpose. unbelievably thick to have him booked as such a geek. how the fúck are you supposed to get behind someone who runs from a guy he beat last night?

also, the fact HHH now all of a sudden doesn't really seem to care that he's champion is mental too.

• Advertisement

I really hate how Bryan is being booked vs Kane. Running away from him would make Bryan look a coward at the best of times, but combined with how Kane is only SuperSerious Kane for 2 weeks....it's dreadful booking that makes it hard not to think they want to kill his momentum.

The rest of the show meanwhile.....Well, Extreme Rules may as well not have happened really. Sheild/Evolution, Cesaro/RVD, BNB/Big E, Cena/Wyatts, even Torito/Hornswoggle all continue on in a way where the results from the PPV feel like they didn't matter. Rose's entrance doesn't have half the charisma the one in NXT did and his first segment was useless.

Really disliked this show :/

Vigorously defending Bryan's in ring related beatdowns by the Authority and the Wyatts 6+ months ago as I always knew Bryan always has bread and butter - his fiery comebacks. But the outside of the ring stuff is a real killer I feel.

I thought the opener and main event is worth recommending to people who haven't seen the show yet. But yeah everything seemed off from the Creative, the Wrestlers themselves, the promos, the camera work - especially in the Adam Rose segment, the announcers etc.

Not inspired to buy a ticket for the o2 in Dublin for that's for sure.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Sounds poor again.

Is it a post mania hangover or really just horrible booking?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I know it's early but it looks like Payback is shaping up to be a repeat of Extreme Rules with the same 3 main events.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Putting Brie with Daniel Bryan on screen has been awful. Makes me not as interested in him. She detracts

I get why Brie is there; at some stage, Bryan will need to give Steph her comeuppance but they can't have Bryan hit her. So presumably at some point, Brie will get to hit Steph in some form or another, be it a slap or something else.

The problem is getting to that point...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭irs

I seriously doubt if they are deliberately trying to sabotage Bryan. It's more that they don't understand why he's popular and what it is they should be doing with him. They'd be far more comfortable booking for a face champ Batista.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Watched the rest of Raw and it was fairly poor. Rose is going no where with his gimmick and Rollins is the greatest man in the world.

Just on the Bryan Kane/Ryder Kane thing, wasn't the point of Ryder and Kane to help Cena? Ryder was quite popular then and they stuck Cena in there. I don't see Bryan suffering cause of this tbh.

Rose is going no where with his gimmick

Three things:
    1. The debut was too late in the show - made worse by the terrible crowd all night
    2. The number of Rosebuds was too small relative to scale of the building compared to the NXT arena
    3. The announcers aren't cool enough or capable of giving acts likes this credibility or explain them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

Adam Rose debut was disappointing.

Thought the number of Rosebuds to arena size ratio was fine but the lack of, well, mood lighting and his not being American not being a thing with Colter...

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

When I saw Brie coming out with D-Byran I cringed. They sooner the better WWE get her away from him. Stick her in a fued with Nikki. Just have Nikki tell her not to interfere in Bryan's career. Anything to get her away from the title picture! I went to bed after the Kane segment, it was that bad! Just watched the rest today, the main event was ok I suppose but for me the first hour of the show was the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

So Sheamus has found a new job in the WWE as a paramedic.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Brie's acting skills are TERRIBLE -

Other than that, was a so so Raw, Adam Rose debut sucked..... I blame the crowd

And i found Raw that bit more enjoyable as Fruity Pebbles wasn't on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Just watching it now. JBL going into a laughing fit at the start of the Rusev match has me smiling.

Loving Lana too. Cheap heat with the Putin stuff sure, but her eyerolling to the crowd at the 'USA' chants and the little laugh after the Snowden comments were nice touches to what is frankly, a ridiculous cold war angle.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Brie's acting skills are TERRIBLE -
    Her screaming reminded me of Homer Simpson's night terrors.

Also, I'd kind of been hoping that when the car wouldn't start for Bryan, it'd turn out when he opened the hood that the engine was gone, and Kane was under the hood instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Someone said about JTG with Adam rose,if you look closely you'll see Ryan Katz the ring announcer from Wrestling Society X. He also does a lot of work down in NXT

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GQ_Money

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

I can't remember whether it was mentioned last night but Steph and her heavy hands was funny.

I hope Zeb's deportation list becomes a thing. There are enough non-Americans in the company to keep Swagger going for a good while. It could even lead to him turning sometime to bring down Rusev.

Something that hit me as the day went on; can't help but feel last night missed a beat to create a match which would have been a genuine draw. Namely...The Shield vs Evolution vs The Wyatts. 3v3v3.

A match like that, just an all out war, would have been awesome, and last night would have set it up perfectly; Evolution interfere, attack The Shield, The Wyatts attack Evolution, the three groups separate.

Right, Cena vs The Wyatts would take a backseat....but that would mean Cena vs Bryan could be done, a far stronger feud than Bryan/Kane. And with the "Cena doubts himself" story, they could easily have Bryan win and then move Cena back into a feud with Bray in a "I need to beat you to get over your mindgames" story.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

nazmoalex wrote: »
    When I saw Brie coming out with D-Byran I cringed. They sooner the better WWE get her away from him. Stick her in a fued with Nikki. Just have Nikki tell her not to interfere in Bryan's career. Anything to get her away from the title picture! I went to bed after the Kane segment, it was that bad! Just watched the rest today, the main event was ok I suppose but for me the first hour of the show was the best.

Yeah I said this in another thread but I really don't like babyfaces having their partners coming out with them. They almost always end up being a liability and just make the babyface look bad.

As regards Nikki, wouldn't it make sense for Kane to target her to get at the other two? Suppose I shouldn't bring logic into this storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,879 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Obviously Bryan has never seen a horror movie. If being chased by a monster, always check the back seat and always assume they're not dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I like Adam Rose's gimmick but it does not fit in well with a larger audience. I wonder if Chicago crowd are going to completely sh*t on him if he has a match at Payback.

Daniel Bryan vs. Corporation storyline is really starting to become cheesy now since they have included Brie Bella. WWE really needs to end this storyline/feud at Payback.

As people said already, the only reason why Sheamus won US title is to set up a potential unification match for US & IC title either at Payback or at UK tapings.

Bray Wyatt was awesome as usual.

Honestly, I think WWE are a bit lazy right now and they need hit the reset button for feuds and storylines ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,028 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That was honestly ****ing terrible and we are now destined to a few more weeks of it being terrible.

Completely rehashing a PPV on your next PPV is bad enough, but when the PPV you're doing it to wasn't even particularly good in the first place, it is time to worry. Absolutely no interest in Bryan v Kane Part II and Cena v Wyatt Part II and while the Shield v Evolution will inevitably put on another cracker that feud had come to a natural conclusion. Even with Rusev tonight they just switched the black guy. Unless there is a Zenit St Petersburg storyline on the way, WWE have just gotten ridiculously lazy.

Positives of the night, eh Zeb Colter I guess, and JBL's hilariously genuine excitement every time Hornswaggle gets beaten up.

But seriously, this is probably the first time I would struggle to give a Raw/PPV 1 out of 10. My time has been completely wasted. Those people who give up from April to January may well be on to something.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,593 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is the Swagger Vs. Cesaro feud over, was hoping for a one on one ppv match for them

• Registered Users Posts: 33,028 ✭✭✭✭CSF

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is the Swagger Vs. Cesaro feud over, was hoping for a one on one ppv match for them

That should have happened at Extreme Rules. RVD ruined the tension of the whole thing and now they seem to be carrying on that feud too. It's an absolute nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,593 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CSF wrote: »
    That should have happened at Extreme Rules. RVD ruined the tension of the whole thing and now they seem to be carrying on that feud too. It's an absolute nonsense.

After Swagger, Cesaro could have moved upwards to Bryan or Cena

Advertisement