Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short Man Syndrome.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Someone sounds like a total twat all right but not your ex :rolleyes:
    Jeez, I'd forgotten all about this thread, sounds like you both need to get a life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

Jeez, I'd forgotten all about this thread, sounds like you both need to get a life.

and yet, here you are again. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

It's not all roses for the tall, however: they are more likely to be bitten by midges.".

I'm lolling at this thinking how my dad, who's 6'3" always gives out, aww the poor dear :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

I'd hate to be over 6 feet tall. If you were going out with a woman of average height you'd have to keep bending down to shift her. Probably get a sore neck after a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    I'd hate to be over 6 feet tall. If you were going out with a woman of average height you'd have to keep bending down to shift her. Probably get a sore neck after a while.

None of the fellas ever complained. But I'm a savage kisser...:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

czechlin wrote: »
    None of the fellas ever complained. But I'm a savage kisser...:D
    Forgot to unfollow this thread. Just about to solve that one and leave all the small dicked people and the bitter women who married a small dicked man, behind:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Forgot to unfollow this thread. Just about to solve that one and leave all the small dicked people and the bitter women who married a small dicked man, behind:D
    I actually feel sorry for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Cornelius Cornpipe

Jaysus, there must be some fierce short cocks out there with the tone of some of the posts. More cocktail sausage than a rump of white pudding if you get my drift.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

I used to play football with a fella who was very short. Tiny feet too he had. Nob like a giraffes neck.
    I hope you get over this guy one day pumkin seeds. Your poor tall boyfriend is probably sick of looking down at you banging on about him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Had to be done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

That's right pumpkin; it couldn't possibly be people objecting to you scrawling about an ex on the thread like it's a toilet door in the cnutiest bar in bitchtown, we're all just jealous. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

What height would most consider a man to be a short arse? I reckon under 5 10 myself.

6781 wrote: »
    What height would most consider a man to be a short arse? I reckon under 5 10 myself.

I'd have thought under 5'8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Forgot to unfollow this thread. Just about to solve that one and leave all the small dicked people and the bitter women who married a small dicked man, behind
    Well that's obviously just being inflammatory for the sake of it since you know it's unlikely to be true in relation to numerous people who have expressed revulsion at what you said.
    What's striking though is the way you get so defensive over people criticising a comment as horrible as "His penis was so small I thought he might be deformed". I guess the defensiveness is due to the truth hurting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

6781 wrote: »
    I'd consider under 5'7 to be short, because I'd be taller in heels.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sandmanporto

In other news the letter e is the most used letter in the English language.
    I can't believe it's in butter!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

Whats wrong with being taller than a man?

Fudge You wrote: »
    Whats wrong with being taller than a man?
    I didn't say there's anything wrong with it. I'm short, so it's rare that a man would be shorter. I think that makes me more aware of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

This thread makes for depressing reading (especially if you're shorter than average, like myself - although some responses would suggest I'm just about average). What's really strange is that I don't get it. I'm a very, very laid back kind of guy and have a couple of friends who are around the same height as me and they are all very relaxed people (some excessively so). The same goes for smaller people that I've worked with in the past. Any of the very tall guys that I hang around with tend to be the ones who would get in fights or be aggressive after a couple of pints. But I wouldn't think that this applies to all tall guys. You meet one small guy at a meeting in work, maybe you have an inferiority complex, and suddenly all small guys are dicks. I'm not even sure the OP sees the irony.

And that's forgetting the fact that Napoleon - apparently the genesis of the short-man-syndrome - was actually average height. It was just the soldiers in that painting (who were probably pretty aggressive) were so tall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

i worked with a lad who was just about 5ft and suffered real bad with vertigo

the irony was tedious

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

I'm a very, very laid back kind of guy and have a couple of friends who are around the same height as me and they are all very relaxed people (some excessively so). The same goes for smaller people that I've worked with in the past. Any of the very tall guys that I hang around with tend to be the ones who would get in fights or be aggressive after a couple of pints.

Dude, there is not one scintilla of evidence that there is a correlation between height and being an asshole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

Hey shopaholic! I'm 6'3" when I wear 5" heels. Any chance? :)

WilyCoyote wrote: »
    Hey shopaholic! I'm 6'3" when I wear 5" heels. Any chance? :)
    Sorry Wily, you're too tall. I'd get vertigo looking up at you. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭ryan101

I'm just back from a meeting that was chaired by a little, fat arsehole of a man. The type that is nearly taller sitting down than he is standing up. It got me thinking that over the years I've encountered plenty of short men who were complete arseholes. Much more so than tall men (which I'd count myself as being).

This has become known as Napoleon Complex over the years. Does being closer to the ground do something to the personality of small men? Is it over-compensation? Is it jealousy because tall people tend to get paid more?

I used to think it was a fallacy, but I've seen it so many times over the years, I think there is a lot to it. The taller you are the more they'll go after you as well. Some of them seem to have a real complex, it's very noticeable, thing is if they weren;t being such asshles no one would notice or give a shyte what height they were.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 FlusterCluck

I'm just back from a meeting that was chaired by a little, fat arsehole of a man. The type that is nearly taller sitting down than he is standing up. It got me thinking that over the years I've encountered plenty of short men who were complete arseholes. Much more so than tall men (which I'd count myself as being).

This has become known as Napoleon Complex over the years. Does being closer to the ground do something to the personality of small men? Is it over-compensation? Is it jealousy because tall people tend to get paid more?

Dunno....I'm guilty of pointing out that an arsehole can be an arsehole and it must be small man syndrome.....but really it's just focussing on a physical feature and attributing the arseholeness to it. There's an old couple that go to my local pub and they are tiny.....but sound as a bell. The old fella is so small but he's a legend. He's a cranky git but in a hysterical way. Love listening to his incessant bitching.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,415 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I always thought SMS was about wanting to fight bigger lads to prove they could, but sure that just means they are a tosser and not really anythng to do with someones height.

Lots of tall fellas are quick with the fists as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    I'd have thought under 5'8.

Nah, it's under 5' 10" because 5' 10" is the average, though, younger generations might be a bit taller because human keep growing after the Agricultural Revolution ended. Leo Messi is almost 5' 7" and he look tiny, but he's only 4cm shorter than 5' 8".

I once found an Irish height survey that showed men from Tyrone to be the tallest at 5' 11".

This link shows the average height of the teams at the Euro 2012: http://pieathalftime.wordpress.com/2012/04/19/euro-2012-tallest-and-smallest/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

To me, just everyone else is overly tall - sure must be terrible with all that O2 deprivation up there. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I think I'm around 5'7". I could be slightly shorter or taller than that, but I care so little about my height (or lack thereof) that I've never been arsed to check it. The 'short man syndrome' stuff is a load of nonsense. If you lack imagination, and associate height with superiority, a person's shortness is an easy thing to slag them about. I mean, calling someone a "cranky little bollix" always sounds a bit more offensive than just calling them a "cranky bollix".

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I don't fall into the 'short man syndrome'/'Napoleon Complex' category. And I'll kick the fucking shit out of anyone who says otherwise. :mad:

• Advertisement

Nah, it's under 5' 10" because 5' 10" is the average, though, younger generations might be a bit taller because human keep growing after the Agricultural Revolution ended. Leo Messi is almost 5' 7" and he look tiny, but he's only 4cm shorter than 5' 8".

I once found an Irish height survey that showed men from Tyrone to be the tallest at 5' 11".

This link shows the average height of the teams at the Euro 2012: http://pieathalftime.wordpress.com/2012/04/19/euro-2012-tallest-and-smallest/

Yeah but I wouldn't consider anyone slightly under average height to be a short arse. That's like saying someone who is a few pounds over weight is obese.

Advertisement