Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gear wanted/for sale [All ads go here - please read rules in post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭BGOllie

6'6 McCoy Nugget - Tuflite Surftech build for sale or swap

Some cosmetic scratches on the paint and the usual pressure dings but otherwise still fine and going strong.
    It's served me well as a go to board over the years but I've made my own copies now so I don't surf this one anymore.

Future Fins included. no leash. no bag
    Looking for €300 or swap. I'm looking for an all-rounder longboard. like a fireball or similar ... or sth else interesting (just no shortboards)

d113658c7502a3001a5bc35d2233649782da5085_r.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I am not sure if mods will approve of this advert.

I bought this set of roof bars for a 2006 VW Golf to transport a surfboard. I thought they might be of use to someone here? But if the mods think its not suitable please feel free to remove it.

http://www.micksgarage.com/proddetails.aspx?pid=165883&pk=9F7C7

http://www.adverts.ie/car-parts-accessories/volkswagen-golf-steel-roof-bars-2003-2008/3233615

€99 new, I would like to get ~€80 for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

kodute wrote: »
    Couple of boards for sale, if I sell these I wont have to sell my prized bonzer.

http://www.adverts.ie/4787179
    [url][/url]

One board not for sale anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

I'm looking for a longboard...a bic or similar for teaching the young lad on.
    Also I've a 7'6" bic to trade towards a longboard.
    Pm me if your interested.
    Maybe you've a longboard and want to try something smaller...
    Marty limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭boardsusername

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Anyone have a 7' board bag going, has to be wide enough for a 22 board

There is a 9' zeph Isis for sale on longboard ireland, well worth checking out

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MACtic

rodento do you mean that eircom webpage that one needs to log in to some Yuku just to view the forum?

That's the one

• Registered Users Posts: 27 linnanea

This the one? :D (pic taken the last time it was out of the bag)

• Advertisement

That's the one :D

Me thinks you should put up more pics, boards almost as nice as mine:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MACtic

rodento wrote: »
    That's the one

Yeah.. I would definitely check it out if it wasn't for this yuku thing. For someone who works in IT it boggles my mind how in 2014 can a website be so non user friendly to require registering for 3rd party services just to view the forum.
    It just puts people off that's all.

linnanea wrote: »
    MACtic wrote: »
    Yeah.. I would definitely check it out if it wasn't for this yuku thing. For someone who works in IT it boggles my mind how in 2014 can a website be so non user friendly to require registering for 3rd party services just to view the forum.

Fecken Facebook :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

MACtic wrote: »

The forum used to be hosted by forumer which was very user friendly. Unfortunately they got taken over by Yuku who migrated all the communities over to their sh*te offering. It drove a lot of users away which was a shame as it was one of those forums that was extremely successful and friendly for nearly 10 years.

As for having to register, that was a decision made due to numerous abusive posts resulting from the boards.ie spat over surf maps which shall not be discussed.

Fecken Facebook :D

They coming up alright for you Rodent?; I'm guessing you're not on facebook.

Na not on Facebook, can't see the links but it's not an issue

Good luck with the sale, there great boards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Sad to say I've decided to sell my Alan O'Riordan shaped shortboard. I love riding this board but unfortunately since the addition of a sprog to our family its not getting the attention it deserves. The dims are 6'5" x 19.5" x 2.5". It's epoxy so it has a lot of buoyancy so it would make a great first shortboard. It flies in most conditions and can handle plenty of juice.

It has a perimeter stringer which Al shaped out of strips of cedar. These give the board a ton of acceleration out of bottom turns, much more so than a standard centre stringer board. The glass job is bombproof, there isn't a single compression ding on the deck. The underside of the board has a mahogany veneer which will do absolutely nothing for your surfing but will turn a few heads in the carpark ;)

Everything on the board is handshaped, Al cuts the blank out a block of foam with a hotwire so a huge amount of work went into it. I'm selling it with a set of stock future fins. I'm looking for €375 and not open to offers as it cost more than twice that. Pics can be seen here. I've added a Da Kine tailpad since the pics were taken.
    PM me if you are interested, I am based in Kerry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

Anyone have a 7' board bag going, has to be wide enough for a 22 board

Sunset in Sligo has new 5mm padded ones on sale at €39 http://www.sunset.ie/p/padded_surfboard_bag_for_7ft_board

Think they have 7mm ones too which are a bit more.

Nearly new cskins 3:2 summer suit, size large on sale in adverts

http://adverts.ie/5445182

Well worth placing an offer on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Looking for an inflatable SUP, preferably 9'6 or 10'6 Red Air but will consider other sizes and makes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

7' 10" Hi-Fly Surfboard
    Plastic Fantastic

These boards are very buoyant and are very hard to damage due to the plastic construction, and so are ideal for beginners.

Comes with Leash, Alder Board Sock and 3 Fins

http://www.adverts.ie/water-sports/7-10-hi-fly-surfboard/2892816

Sunride 9'2'' Epoxy Longboard Surfboard
    Includes leash, turbo tunnel fin and board bag
    Would be ideal for someone who wants to start out with a longboard
    Some pressure marks, few dings and knocks all professionally repaired
    Photos to come

42" Ignite ply skimboard
    Perfect for beginners
    No Dings or compression marks
    Some slight scratching on surface at rear
    Will throw this in for free with a board if anyone wants it

Couple of wetsuits - details to come

Will accept offers on all items

• Registered Users Posts: 14 suzy66q

how big is the board?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

suzy66q wrote: »
    how big is the board?

Hi Suzy66q, I'm guessing this was for me ?

Which board was it you were interested in the size of ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

http://www.adverts.ie/wetsuits/kids-boys-wetsuit-plus-kit/5453568

Kids wetsuit plus kit (booties,gloves and hood). Too small for my son so they gotta go. Price negotiable but its decent kit do not too negotiable ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Kevin Cavey is selling his custom Glide surfboard for 375

http://www.donedeal.ie/watersports-for-sale/as-good-as-new-surfboard/7327464

Almost never used Fibre Glass Surfboard, 8ft x 23'' x 2.25'' with three fins - Centre 8'' RFC Rainbow Fin Co Plus 2 Lock Box LBXM 3.8 small fins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Looking for a 6 foot foamie for my 5 year old.
    Saw nice light ones in decathlon for 99€ so looking for something similar.
    Pm if you have something.
    Thanks
    Marty.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

Anyone selling or thinking of selling a longboard?

something near the 9ft in length and around the 300 euro mark. I may have a couple of smaller boards to sell or swap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Physics Girl

Hey All

Sadly parting with a Becker hybrid 6'8". Originally bought and brought over from the U.S.

Great board for someone just starting off on a short board. Stable enough to give you some help when you're paddling, and you can start learning some basic tricks on it after you learn how to stand. Good condition, a few of the usual small pressure dings.

PM me for images and links, cheers.

Specifications:

Type: Shortboard, Hybrid, funboard

Length: 6’ 8”

Width: 19.5”

Thickness: 1.0”

Material: PU

Skill level: Beginner - Advanced

Tail: Squash

Fin: Tri Fin FCS

Traction Pad: Quicksilver

Advertisement