Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Graham Norton

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Anyone see this week's show?

Russell Crowe seemed very taken with Kylie Minogue
    The women aren't aging well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Ann Landers

Addle wrote: »
    The women aren't aging well.

In fairness, Crowe isn't either.

In fairness, Crowe isn't either.

I think he's hot!
    At least he doesn't look as plastic as a waxwork.

I think he's hot!
    At least he doesn't look as plastic as a waxwork.

I think Cameron looks well, and AFAIK is not a plastic surgery head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Graham was caught out when Kylie talked about Des and Daphne in Neighbours, and he had to admit he had no idea who they were! He said he was too busy working to watch it.

I thought it was good. I felt sorry for Richard Ayoade stuck on the end of the couch, none of the others knew him and he hardly got a word in.

Skid X wrote: »

I thought it was good. I felt sorry for Richard Ayoade stuck on the end of the couch, none of the others knew him and he hardly got a word in.
    I think that's part of his charm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,495 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I did lol at Cameron taking about her lady gardening and rubbing Richard's hair :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,941 ✭✭✭sporina

Anyone see this week's show?

i thought that they were both flirting with one another - if you recall the way they were both sitting - kinda facing one another.. there was serious chemistry between them IMO

sporina wrote: »
    i thought that they were both flirting with one another - if you recall the way they were both sitting - kinda facing one another.. there was serious chemistry between them IMO

They're both single at the moment too. Maybe we'll hear of a new coupling soon? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

It's an Amzing Spider Man 2 couch on Friday, Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone and Jamie Foxx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

I thought the Russell Crowe, Amy Adams, and Henry Cavill one from last year was a laugh a minute, with Russell flipping the chair countless times.

He gave a Norton Kiwi cap, who he put on backwards, and Norton turning to the make a what up 90's rapper greeting.

200_s.gif

They're both single at the moment too. Maybe we'll hear of a new coupling soon? ;)

KyRus :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭bigblackmug

Cameron Diaz was as much of an airhead on Graham Norton as that charicature of a Cameron Diaz actress in the "lost in translation" movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

Just got around to watching last night's episode with Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx and Paolo Nutini. I thought it was very funny, especially Jamie Foxx and Emma Stone's stories. Andrew Garfield can be painful to watch in interviews, the whole humble charm shtick he goes on with.. but he was alright. Could have done with a bit more Paolo Nutini, I'd say he's a man with a few funny stories!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,030 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Butterface wrote: »
    Just got around to watching last night's episode with Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx and Paolo Nutini. I thought it was very funny, especially Jamie Foxx and Emma Stone's stories.
    Thought it was a bore tbh... no-one seemed really bothered!
    Andrew Garfield can be painful to watch in interviews, the whole humble charm shtick he goes on with.. but he was alright.
    I've always liked Andrew Garfield in interviews tbh!

Always liked him since the interview where he could recite the entire Antoine Dodson autotune from heart..

Original:

And here's Andrew Garfield reciting it..

• Advertisement

Just got around to watching last night's episode with Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx and Paolo Nutini. I thought it was very funny, especially Jamie Foxx and Emma Stone's stories. Andrew Garfield can be painful to watch in interviews, the whole humble charm shtick he goes on with.. but he was alright. Could have done with a bit more Paolo Nutini, I'd say he's a man with a few funny stories!

I think Foxx had a few too many red vinos

I agree I wish Nutini was on the couch from the start

I don't think Juliette Binoche got the show at all.
    I can't warm to Ricky Gervais.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Mr Pseudonym

I don't think Juliette Binoche got the show at all.
    I can't warm to Ricky Gervais.

Yeah. Norton usually handles guests so well, but he seemed to struggle with her.

I was a HUGE fan of The Office and Extras, and his early stand-up, but have recently become quite indifferent to him. However, I thought he was good last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Binoche just doesn't like chat shows I don't think, she was on Graham Norton show before, and whilst better than last night, she wasn't great then either. Actually it's on YouTube from 2010.

http://youtu.be/RBOS2aytsuk

Didn't Turbidy do a fantastically bad interview (even by his low standards) with her a couple of years ago too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Haven't seen the newest ep but caught the Spiderman cast and Kylie one the week before, them taking the piss out of their own waxworks was funny. Crowe is mad for the red chair.

• Advertisement

I enjoyed the couch with Seth Rogen and Matt Le Blanc this week but couldn't care less about Ricky (Kaiser Chefs) and Zac Efron

I think Graham wasn't happy Zac didn't sit next to him :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Kaiser Chiefs looked like the morphed into Mumford & Sons with their clothes............or teleported from a gig they played back in the famine. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Hopefully fassbender will get to actually talk this time on friday, as opposed to the last time he was on, when the infamous Mark Wahlberg incident(s) happened.

Tinie wrote: »
    Hopefully fassbender will get to actually talk this time on friday, as opposed to the last time he was on, when the infamous Mark Wahlberg incident(s) happened.

Fecking hell, just watched that, had never seen it before, he was langers, poor Sarah Silverman he looked as though he was going to start dry humping her any minute! Very funny though!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Fecking hell, just watched that, had never seen it before, he was langers, poor Sarah Silverman he looked as though he was going to start dry humping her any minute! Very funny though!

She was actually in on it (iirc)!

Tinie wrote: »
    They are dancing in the promo!
    It's ridiculous how much I'm looking forward to it.

They are dancing in the promo!
    It's ridiculous how much I'm looking forward to it.

Maybe they will all sing too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Be still my beating lady parts!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Quality show tonight!

Be still my beating lady parts!

I think Micheal Fassbender is such a ride, and such a smarmy cocky culchie, rolled into an x man. I'm so conflicted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭WellThen?

shrewdness wrote: »
    Quality show tonight!

It's not on yet! or is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

WellThen? wrote: »

Just over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Tokarev

shrewdness wrote: »
    Just over!

...Said Graham Norton listening to a cetain frankie goes to hollywood song.

Yes on BBC 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,268 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Were they all hammered?

MadYaker wrote: »
    Were they all hammered?

I don't think so. Fassbender and Jackman we're drinking some sort of fruit juice.

I don't think so. Fassbender and Jackman we're drinking some sort of fruit juice.

I thought all were having cocktails :p

Graham must have been very very happy with that couch line up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It was a very likeable line up. Some weeks it can be difficult to watch if one of the guests isn't likeable.

Really enjoyed that episode, plenty to look at and plenty to laugh at, Hugh Jackman seems like a absolute gent, as do the other two tbf, I thought it was a great episode!

• Advertisement

McAvoy didn't like being the bitch to Fassbender in the fan fictions and pictures :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Just saw the repeat. MacAvoy makes a reference to whiskey. I think the fruit juice was loaded. Jackman certainly was. Still, great show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭irishcsifan

I think Micheal Fassbender is such a ride, and such a smarmy cocky culchie, rolled into an x man. I'm so conflicted!

So am I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,030 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Watched this week's episode for a total of 8 minutes before switching off.. what a drab array of guests!

It's no wonder Norton never announced this week's guests at the end of last week's show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Eurovision week was never going to be big

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

I only saw the end bit - but it was worth watching to see the way Barry Manilow is now - he looked more like a puppet, or as if someone was wearing a suit pretending to be Barry Manilow.

Honestly, worth seeing, to make you realise that looking old and wrinkly are a lot better!

• Advertisement

I only saw the end bit - but it was worth watching to see the way Barry Manilow is now - he looked more like a puppet, or as if someone was wearing a suit pretending to be Barry Manilow.

Honestly, worth seeing, to make you realise that looking old and wrinkly are a lot better!

It's so weird. How does he make sounds, nevermind sing?!

I thought it was another good show, ending with an actual good story from the red chair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Just watching it now and Manilow looks terrible. He even seems to have difficulty speaking as a result of so much plastic surgery.
    There's a lot to be said for growing old gracefully and naturally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Cracking lineup tonight

hmmm wrote: »
    Cracking lineup tonight

Who is on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭phonypony

Who is on?

Bear Grylls.... Dawn French, Kirsten Dunst and Conchita. really dislike Bear Grylls...

• Advertisement
Advertisement