Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graham Norton

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

lertsnim wrote: »
    That doesn't say much for previous shows so. I thought last night's show was boring. The guests didn't bounce off each other.

Ah, at least their was a few funnies. Only funny bit last week was the rain/water at the begining.

Its definitely slipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It had the highest viewership last night for the current run.

Taylor Swift was always going to dominate the show last night, the highest earning singer in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

RobertKK wrote: »
    It had the highest viewership last night for the current run.

Taylor Swift was always going to dominate the show last night, the highest earning singer in the world.

Neither of those facts made for good television though, and for all the singers fans who tuned in this week, how many will come back, whilst non-fans endured a crap show as a result and might not bother. I think this series has been generally poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Only one red chair per episode so far :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Next weeks line up is very promising.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Addle wrote: »
    Next weeks line up is very promising.
    Duvall Yea
    Downey No

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

KP what an asshole

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

There was no chemistry between the guests and they sat well apart from each other. Cleese didn't want to be there and wore the same clothes he was wearing all day while flogging his book. KP is smug and unlikable. Swift was boring and unfunny but the audience and host were treating her like she was hilarious.

The show was summed up when Neil Diamond was talking and GN cut him off so Taylor Swift could tell some boring story about singing with Jon Bon Jovi and Prince William. The look on Diamonds face was priceless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

What's the problem with Cleese not changing his clothes...?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I wear the same clothes all day too. That must be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

bit of a dull show,
    Anyone hear about nortons 'struggle' with alcohol in the news! Basically he's dealing with it by accepting he has a problem but finds the 'giving up alcohol' part unnecessary. I dont think that would wash with many of the celebs...

anyway ..Bad line up mix or Norton off form?

Who said there was a problem? Look at what KP wore and look at what Cleese wore and tell me who made it obvious the show was just another stop to flog his book. Cleese was entertaining but he got to speak for around 2 minutes so I wouldn't blame the man for not giving a crap.

Really good tonight apart from RDJ which was a surprise as he's usually a top guest. The U2 acoustic song at the end was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The acoustic song was much better than the other one they did. The show was great for the first half. It went down a notch or two when U2 came on imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Gotta say, U2 nailed it tonight. Thought they were excellent, missed the rest of the show though.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

Really good tonight apart from RDJ which was a surprise as he's usually a top guest. The U2 acoustic song at the end was brilliant.

I think his mam died recently, he's probably not in top form right now maybe.. I actually really liked bono for once!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I really enjoyed the show, I love Stephen Fry, could listen to him all night.

Not a huge U2 fan, but they were very good tonight. Graham was so cool with them, imagine if tubridy was interviewing them he would be slobbering all over them. The acoustic song at the end "song for someone" was brilliant. Top show on a Friday night, beats the ****e on the late late.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

I really enjoyed the show, I love Stephen Fry, could listen to him all night.

Not a huge U2 fan, but they were very good tonight. Graham was so cool with them, imagine if tubridy was interviewing them he would be slobbering all over them. The acoustic song at the end "song for someone" was brilliant. Top show on a Friday night, beats the ****e on the late late.

Ha ha, avoided saying that myself, it's like when people say "Now, I'm not a racist, butt...".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

lertsnim wrote: »
    The acoustic song was much better than the other one they did. The show was great for the first half. It went down a notch or two when U2 came on imo.

They'd be kicked off xfactor with that song and performance, losing it big style are U2......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

sonofenoch wrote: »
    They'd be kicked off xfactor with that song and performance, losing it big style are U2......

Xfactor is the measure of 'it'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Missed this.
    Where can I see the repeat anyone know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Thought Robert Duvall was brilliant, his stories were hilarious. He has this dry wit about him. Classy guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jvc

Missed this.
    Where can I see the repeat anyone know.
    Same show will be shown on TV3 tonight around 11.25pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

jvc wrote: »
    Same show will be shown on TV3 tonight around 11.25pm.
    Also on 3e at 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Xfactor is the measure of 'it'?

No it's my measure of how bad I thought 'it' was

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

In advance, I was looking forward to seeing RDJ and Fry, but it was Duvall and U2 that impressed me.
    The iTunes debacle seems to have tamed bono a bit-no harm.
    Great episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭trashcan

sonofenoch wrote: »

Thank you Yoda. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭lukin

Watching the repeat on 3e now.Bono and Adam have particularly gravity-defying hairstyles.Bono has quite a good sense of humour in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Yea great episode,Norton is a great host and the format he does works very well.
    Bone rocked it hard and duvall telling stories about brondo was great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Addle wrote: »
    In advance, I was looking forward to seeing RDJ and Fry, but it was Duvall and U2 that impressed me.
    The iTunes debacle seems to have tamed bono a bit-no harm.
    Great episode.

bonos false humility schtick, do it, and apologise after, he learned that from facebook

Advertisement