Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eglobal central

• 13-02-2014 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi has anybody bought from eglobal central? Prices seem a little too good to be true.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

I just came across this site, canon Dslrs are about 400 cheaper than anywhere else. Seems suspect but I can't find any bad press about them. Seems like it might be based in Hong Kong. Any feed back from someone who has ordered from them would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Two of my mates in work bought Nikon d3200s from them including the 18-55 and 55-300 lens.
    Delivered fine without any issues at all

Conor

conor-mr2 wrote: »
    Two of my mates in work bought Nikon d3200s from them including the 18-55 and 55-300 lens.

Conor
    Cheers I might actually go with this site so.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭dusty207

conor-mr2 wrote: »

Conor

Were there any issues over import duties/Vat? Any idea where they were shipped from? I'm looking at a lens which is less than half the price of Dublin prices, i.e. €320 vs €670. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭dusty207

Thanks Chase, good info. Seems you take your chances, anyway, even if I did get charged VAT it would still be way cheaper than Dublin, or Amazon for that matter. Might just pull the trigger! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭frankie2shoes

just purchased a sony rx100 from them about 2hrs ago. will let yas know how I got on. Amazing price over 100 euro cheaper than anywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 3 D.P.S

I wish I never bought from eglobal.After waiting Impatiently for 2 weeks,I got a message from DHL saying it was impounded by custums.On advice from eglobal ihad to to pay 75 euro vat on a gopro camera I bought for 315. They said they would refund after.They advertise on thier wesite "no vat on imports".I still havn't recieved the vat refund and eglobal's communication is terrible. NO REPLY FROM EMAILS FOR WEEKS, then they give you the run around.Now I have discovered a fault in the camera.Id say my chances of getting a refund or replacement are 0.00005 %. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.BE WARNED

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Blut00

Post a little suspect from D.P.S..............only 2 posts ever and both slating eGlobal......must own a camera shop in Ireland or something.

A few of us in our camera club have bought from eGlobal recently, very fast shipping and great prices. One of our guys ordered a lens, wasn't in stock and was given the option of waiting a little longer or getting a full refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Worfat

Any update from frankie2shoes would be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 D.P.S

I only posted on boards to warn others of what I went through and because someone told me that eGlobal respond to you a lot quicker when they see you complain online. and it worked, I finally got a refund on the vat I paid. if you think I'm lying that's your problem.
    Blut00 wrote: »
    Post a little suspect from D.P.S..............only 2 posts ever and both slating eGlobal......must own a camera shop in Ireland or something.

A few of us in our camera club have bought from eGlobal recently, very fast shipping and great prices. One of our guys ordered a lens, wasn't in stock and was given the option of waiting a little longer or getting a full refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Sgm

Bought a Canon 600D from the a while ago, no problems at all, great price and fast delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Blut00

D.P.S - Glad you got your VAT refunded. It's a great resource to check people's experience on forums like this before trying a new...............whatever!

I don't find it helpful that you're are surmising, without ever contacting the seller regarding a fault with your product. I WOULD be interested to hear about your experience, good or bad. I think you should contact them regarding the fault no matter how minor.

Hope you get sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭doubie

I'll try them out. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭illumin

After doing much research on eglobal, I bought 1.5k of gear from them and cant complain. Lightning delivery (3 days from hong kong) and all works perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ju22

Do not buy from eglobal central .They scam me on 700 euros !!! you will not contact them by phone, if any problem with order ! the ignore all messages after sale! Stay away from this shop

Ju22, I used them twice about two years ago. Perfect in every way. No exp with them since as their prices were less competitive.

Anyway, more than one post, proper English or some evidence would help if possible? Otherwise your warning seems suspect.

But if they really scammed you, keep trying, I saw a few people talking about it just taking a while to get their attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 joselete

I bought a drone last week, I've received an email saying that the item had been dispached, and a traking number, 3 days later the parcel havent yet leave eglobal central but on their page is marked as dispached. Have email them but no answer so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭BigBirdie

joselete wrote: »
    I bought a drone last week, I've received an email saying that the item had been dispached, and a traking number, 3 days later the parcel havent yet leave eglobal central but on their page is marked as dispached. Have email them but no answer so far.

Any update on this? Placed an order Monday and can't help but be nervous waiting :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15 BLUEOAK

There is a thread here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057154505

I have purchased two phones this year (one for me and one for my mother) and camera lens for my canon previously - no problems. It took about 7 days to be delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 joselete

BigBirdie wrote: »
    Any update on this? Placed an order Monday and can't help but be nervous waiting :o

YEs it took about 8 to 9 days to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭MrSzyslak

Are People still getting orders through. I ordered phone so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭BigBirdie

MrSzyslak wrote: »
    Are People still getting orders through. I ordered phone so fingers crossed.

I ordered last Monday the 19th and it arrived today. Tracking as attached

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Adam.mcg1

I purchased a samsung s8plus 64gb .arrived 9 days later still sealed in original box with all accessories and even an adaptor for the Chinese charger. phone was in Chinese on setup but you can change language settings on the 2nd start-up screen.no vat or customs duty.400 cheaper than rrp in ireland.will use eglobal again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭moggser

BigBirdie wrote: »
    I ordered last Monday the 19th and it arrived today. Tracking as attached

Just saw this post now and kinda put me at rest, ordered something from them 3-4 days ago and they shipped with landmark global)bpost, was no movement on the tracking for two days now was getting worried , they used to just send via DHL back in the day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I found the site yesterday while searching prices of iPads.

Based on what is said here the site itself seems reliable but how many people have even caught for customs charges, etc?

A 32g iPad (2017) is over €100 cheaper than from Apple directly but if I had to pay other charges I may as well but from Apple, which would give me the security if knowing it wouldn't go astray in transit - which has happened to me before when freeing from that region if the world.

What do you folks recommend? Is it worth taking a chance that the package could escape extra charges?

Advertisement