Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ariston..and on...and on..[The Classic Ads Thread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Remember this Tennents Lager ad with the revamped song by Big Country?

Seasan wrote: »
    Remember this Tennents Lager ad with the revamped song by Big Country?

Sorry about that.
    I just can't get the link to it-the ad I'm talking about is the Tennents ad with the song "One Great Thing" by Big Country,with different lyrics.A man leaves his living room,walks through fields and streets and through different groups of people singing along to the song,ends up in the pub with other people all drinking Tennents.
    Good ad-raging coz I couldn't post it,I'm no good at all this technical stuff

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

There was this ad in the late 90's,I can't rememeber what it was for and it showed three geeky teenage boys lying on the beach rubbing themselves with suncream.Theres three sexy girls in Bikinis who are jogging past and suddenly do an about turn and start running towards the guys.While this is happening the camera cuts to the fellas who are still rubbing themselves with suncream and the camera angle very much makes it look like their masturbating.Very much looked like it was intentional,don't know how they got away with it.

Seasan wrote: »
    Sorry about that.
    I just can't get the link to it-the ad I'm talking about is the Tennents ad with the song "One Great Thing" by Big Country,with different lyrics.A man leaves his living room,walks through fields and streets and through different groups of people singing along to the song,ends up in the pub with other people all drinking Tennents.
    Good ad-raging coz I couldn't post it,I'm no good at all this technical stuff

Right-I'm gonna attempt this again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwL_wP_Y2NU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

There this ad thats been bugging me for years to remember what it was about.It featured this studenty type saying to his Grandfather "it were an animal product Grandad" delivered in a North Of England accent.I think it was about some present mad eof leather that the Grandad gave to yer man.The only other thing I can remember is that the young guy had a sort of curtains haircut that was popular in the early 90's which is when the ad was on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭nigelradion2

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Loved this ad as a kid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Does anyone remember the lucozade sport, kissy lips fancy trainers ad?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Seasan mentioned a beer ad with a crossword in it in another thread but this one came to mind. :)

"All that hard work and training-and for what?
    Kissy lips?
    Fancy trainers?"

Is that the same one where he is watching Michael Owen scoring for Liverpool v Manchester Utd on telly at the end of the ad?

Ruubot2 wrote: »
    Seasan mentioned a beer ad with a crossword in it in another thread but this one came to mind. :)

I'd totally forgotten about that one....

Was Damien Duff in them initially or they might have been newer ones? I remember the coach shouting LUCOZADE SPORT! FACT!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Ruubot2 wrote: »
    Was Damien Duff in them initially or they might have been newer ones? I remember the coach shouting LUCOZADE SPORT! FACT!

Yeah think Damien duff was in them along with some other coach. Don't remember anything about Michael Owen though. Great ad, no sign of it on YouTube however.

Yeah think Damien duff was in them along with some other coach. Don't remember anything about Michael Owen though. Great ad, no sign of it on YouTube however.

There were a few different ones of those lucozade ads with that coach in it-I remember another one where he raises his hands and shouts "ABSOLUTE SPORTING NIRVANA!!" at the end of the ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Forgot how brilliant this ad was :D
    Buggah :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Anyone remember this ad which was on in the late 80s or early 90s,I have no idea what it was for but there was this guy who was kind of like a gumshoe detective with a fedora hat and long mac who was sneaking around in either the lobby of a hotel or a posh restaurant?He was whispering and adressing the camera and spying on this millionare type who was sitting at a table with two attractive women and laughing and shouting out "I'll have em both".I have been racking my brains for more details or to remember what it was all about to no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 T L S

Sometimes an ad pops into my head and I have a look on YouTube to see if it's there.

Here's one. It's from the times when the TV stations stopped transmitting in the afternoon and didn't start up again until the early evening...

They used to show it on UTV or BBC before starting back up, or maybe at morning time, can't remember.

However, my favourite old jingle is:

Not sure if this exact ad was shown in Ireland, but the jingle sure was used.

Nobody demands more from a Datsun than Datsun. We are driven!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shsp41bDv8k&feature
    old rolos advert from around 1993

• Advertisement

old rolos advert from around 1993.

Remember this advert very well.

Radion Micro Washing Powder Advert (c. 1991)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzI_0F97QGY

old rolos advert from around 1993.

Remember this advert very well.

Great ad, this one is more recent I think.

by the way nigel, you can link directly the the youtube video by putting the last part of the youtube url after the = in between the youtube code
    [B][YOUTU[I]B[/I]E]XXXXX[/YOUTUBE][/B]

Ruu wrote: »

Great ad, this one is more recent I think.

by the way nigel, you can link directly the the youtube video by putting the last part of the youtube url after the = in between the youtube code
    [B][YOUTU[I]B[/I]E]XXXXX[/YOUTUBE][/B]

yeah thanks for that. Knew I was going wrong somewhere. Thanks again

Twirl Advert (Get Dizzy) (1994) (00).jpg

Twirl Advert (Get Dizzy) (1994) (04).jpg

Twirl Advert (Get Dizzy) (1994) (05).jpg

Cadbury's Twirl (Get Dizzy) Adverts from around 1994. Always liked this advert particularly these two women twirling their skirts at the end.

Anyone remember an advert from the late 1980s / early 1990s?

It involved showing a family's clothes on their clothes line while the dialogue was of various family members complaining about all of the problems that resulted in their clothes getting dirty. The dialogue went something like this:
    mother (to child): "

"Oh no! don't play with your food!"
    (child giggles)
    mother: (slightly panicked): "Oh no don't put your sleeve in it! Ohh! you have!"
    (older children come into the house)
    mother (annoyed): "Okay! Out!!"
    Can't really remember the rest of it. Might have been for Persil but really can't remember.

Also looking for another advert, this time from around 2002

The advert was for Bold 2in1 Washing Powder. It showed a blonde haired woman walking out of her house, petting her dog, then crossing the road and finally attending a barbeque with two friends. She wore a blue top and a long blue skirt.

The dialogue for it went as follows: "New Bold helps your clothes stay incrediby fresh whatever you come across. Its like doggy smells....disappear!! Traffic fumes.....Vanish!! Smelly smoke?....No Way!! New Bold's built in conditioner has a deep clean power. Even smells that hang around have no chance. Bold with freshguard. Freshness that fights back!!."

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

Advertisement