Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 100 [CW - US] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Revolution meets The Hunger Games

• Registered Users Posts: 55,442 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Started last night.
    The series is set 97 years after a devastating nuclear war. The only survivors were residents of space stations orbiting the earth. The space stations banded together to form a massive one called "The Ark". Resources are scarce and all crimes are punishable by death. 100 juvenile residents convicted of crimes and considered "expendable" are sent on a mission to test if Earth's surface has become habitable again.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,266 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lord of the Flies meets typical CW show it's on Netflix Canada weekly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,442 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Didn't think it was too bad. Pretty decent cast among the grown-ups, and some familiar faces among the kids too. I like the split between what's happening down on the planet and what's happening on the Ark. The 2 headed deer was pretty cool too. :)

Mr E wrote: »
    Didn't think it was too bad. Pretty decent cast among the grown-ups, and some familiar faces among the kids too. I like the split between what's happening down on the planet and what's happening on the Ark. The 2 headed deer was pretty cool too. :)

That deer was cool.

It wasn't that bad at all.
    I didn't mean it in a bad way when I said typical CW show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

I was really hyped for this, but the pilot left me a bit cold. The pacing felt completely wrong and I found the lead actress incredibly irritating. It's the first time I've watched a CW show in a long time so maybe my expectations were just too high? The scenes from the rest of the reason looking promising at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

sped through alot in the first few minutes, but i thought it was cool, this might be a CW show i could actually watch

although there looks like lots of silliness to come

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Hilarious stuff. Bad boy with a heart of gold wins over our leading lady by saying "We have to warn them". "That's what my father said" replies our heroine seeing there is more to this bad boy than she originally thought. Meanwhile a sexy "bad girl" decides seeing as they are on a radiation poisoned earth it's a good time to strip to her panties and take a swim. Deep and meaningful stuff with a strong message of...stupidity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Pretty dumb so far with cheesy characters but very watchable, already know I'll be watching the whole thing.

My only real complaint would be the serious overuse of ill fitting music!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Not bad. I like the new threat. Possible
    radioactive
    evolved
    monkies
    , although it'll be instresting what the radiadtion did to them...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Actually pleasantly surprised with this show,gonna keep watching anyway.Seems to be a few familiar faces from Home and Away and Neighbors from a few years back(And no i dont watch them anymore:p)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,776 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And the guy from Continuum.

I know it might be nitpicking, but for ones who've been living on a spaceship all their lives, they all seem pretty capable of living in a forest.

I'll keep watching for another episode or 2 and see where it goes, but already entering love triangle territory with Finn, Clarke and Raven.

Maybe it's his hair, but Finn's head looks too big for his body.

I wonder how long it'll be before they start to need necessities. They've aleady pointed out that Jasper needs medicine and highlighted that the chancellor's son's wound may get infected.

Jasper did well to survive a big bloody spear to the chest.

Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I know it might be nitpicking, but for ones who've been living on a spaceship all their lives, they all seem pretty capable of living in a forest.
    In the 2nd episode, they find out that
    some took tracking classes
    , so I'd say some know the basics.
    I wonder how long it'll be before they start to need necessities. They've aleady pointed out that Jasper needs medicine and highlighted that the chancellor's son's wound may get infected.
    In the 1st episode, you learn that one of the lads got jailed for growing
    drugs, as it seems his family grows the medicine
    on the Ark?

Jasper did well to survive a big bloody spear to the chest.

Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags

The title of the thread say spoilers in this thread so why use spoiler tags for an aired episode?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The title of the thread say spoilers in this thread so why use spoiler tags for an aired episode?

Yeah, as long as it's aired on the CW spoilers shouldn't be needed. Pre-airs or leaks should still be spoilered obviously.

Yeah, as long as it's aired on the CW spoilers shouldn't be needed. Pre-airs or leaks should still be spoilered obviously.

My post was 1 day after it aired on the CW so I don't understand why the mod spoilered it.

My post was 1 day after it aired on the CW so I don't understand why the mod spoilered it.
    I think that was my fault. I thought (perhaps wrongly) that spoilers were to be used for shows shown in the US, but not yet shown in Ireland. Didn't know that it had been shown in Ireland, and if so, my bad :o

the_syco wrote: »
    I think that was my fault. I thought (perhaps wrongly) that spoilers were to be used for shows shown in the US, but not yet shown in Ireland. Didn't know that it had been shown in Ireland, and if so, my bad :o

If it has spoilers in the title of the thread and it has aired it is fair game to talk about whatever happen in that episode without spoilers. It doesn't matter where in the world it aired.

That was a very unexpected ending

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Yeah that ending took me by surprise alright, I would have thought he'd have been in it for the long haul.

And then there were 95.

Very surprising ending. If anything I expected Charlotte to be the one who died. Either that or she was somehow a Grounder who snuck in among them, as unlikely as that was. Unless it was a Time Machine scenario with Morlocks and Eloi.

And then there were 95.

Very surprising ending. If anything I expected Charlotte to be the one who died. Either that or she was somehow a Grounder who snuck in among them, as unlikely as that was. Unless it was a Time Machine scenario with Morlocks and Eloi.

She's not a grounder, sure didn't see say she killed Wells because his father floated her parents.

Yeah but up until that point I thought there was something off about her.
    And she mustn't have got fed the last episode since she still had her wrist monitor on.

I wonder how many kids around her age there are to not have Clarke and Bellamy notice Charlotte until now, since they're both protective of her now.

Maybe they will use the magic herb that cures a spear in the chest to save him yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I really thought they were going to go with the CW favourite Trope of Love Triangle but obviously they've decided against it. I half think its due to networks dislike of having black males having relationships with White females but i suspect in this case they are going to reveal that the black commander is having an affair with the mother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

My god I hate Richard Harmon as an actor. If he doesn't die by the end of this episode(I'm watching #3 now) I'm gonna quit watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sok2005

I expected far too much from this series before I watched it but I still stuck with it, at this stage I think it's mostly just to have my "Ah come on" moments as it progresses.

I'm still incredulous as to how a child who was kept under the floorboards of a craft orbiting earth for the first 16 years of her life doesn't have any spinal or sensory issues or the like, all you get is a perfectly toned tum and sculpted eyebrows. How did they build a bonfire, unless they had bonfire building classes on the Ark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

sok2005 wrote: »
    I expected far too much from this series before I watched it but I still stuck with it, at this stage I think it's mostly just to have my "Ah come on" moments as it progresses.

I'm still incredulous as to how a child who was kept under the floorboards of a craft orbiting earth for the first 16 years of her life doesn't have any spinal or sensory issues or the like, all you get is a perfectly toned tum and sculpted eyebrows. How did they build a bonfire, unless they had bonfire building classes on the Ark.

You are taking things far too literally she wasn't literally kept under the floorboards in the dark, I imagine she was only hidden away when any of the neighbours or Ark officials dropped by , "under the floorboards" " in the dark" were merely a turn of phrase. As to your second point the whole point of the ark is that its a sanctuary until such time as they can go down and repopulate the earth. While the faults with the life support systems may have forced their hands early its entirely believable that some of this generation(the 100) would have been the first on the ground any ways (albeit as adults) so were in the early stages of being trained in practical survival skills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sok2005

You are taking things far too literally she wasn't literally kept under the floorboards in the dark, I imagine she was only hidden away when any of the neighbours or Ark officials dropped by , "under the floorboards" " in the dark" were merely a turn of phrase. As to your second point the whole point of the ark is that its a sanctuary until such time as they can go down and repopulate the earth. While the faults with the life support systems may have forced their hands early its entirely believable that some of this generation(the 100) would have been the first on the ground any ways (albeit as adults) so were in the early stages of being trained in practical survival skills.

I imagined they didn't have big roomy areas to live given the fact that the place is overcrowded already, I'd also imagine food would be rationed per family so it would've been tough to actually hide a fully grown child in your bunker.
    Regarding the bonfire, i assumed as oxygen levels were monitored rigorously in the Ark they wouldn't be practising fire lighting in that environment but they arrive on earth and bam, a huge raging fire in moments!
    Ah there's loads of inconsistencies in the show, how are all the kids getting their hands on make up? Hair straighteners? Brushes!
    Why keep prisoners alive til they are 18 then float them? No rehabilitation or organ harvesting or anything just pump a load of money and resources into them for a few years then kill them?
    Are they all wearing their great grandparents clothing?
    Where are they getting water from in space?
    Why has nobody up in space started darning their clothes? Surely its fairly simple to stitch a hole in a jumper?
    How did a cave protect anyone from the acid cloud?
    On another note, the goggle wearing kid gets speared in the chest and survives with a bit of seaweed but a little imp of a girl stabs a kid at the end and its just game over for him.

Advertisement