Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The 100 [CW - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Great finale. The twist at the end will add a whole new texture to season 2.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Just watched it. Holy ****!

I thought The Reapers would be where they were going next season. Then I thought the guys coming down from The Ark would be where they were going next season. Then they that ending in!

I hope nobody who looked like dying is actually dead!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

pretty cool having the radiohead tune at the end there. Looks like they are really changing the dynamic of the show- won't now be a bunch of kids trying to survive in the wild. One of the most enjoyable new series of this year.

^ I don't mind the idea of it going a whole different direction next season but I don't like the idea of everyone being separated for ages. Part of what works so well with this show is the different dynamics between the characters. If you've got Clarke, Monty and probably Jasper and Raven locked up in the quarantine place, and Octavia off with Lincoln, Bellamy and Finn who knows where you lose a lot of the personal relationships that developed over the course of season 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,281 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That ending kind of reminded me of the very underrated Jeremiah for anyone who remembers that show.

Looking forward to see where they will go from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

No! They're not allowed to end the season like that!

I gave up on counting in that episode. :)

Think one of the most interesting points from the ending is they know Clarke's name.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    No! They're not allowed to end the season like that!

I gave up on counting in that episode. :)

Think one of the most interesting points from the ending is they know Clarke's name.

Indeed. Have they been secretly in contact with the Ark all along? Did they know exactly who was coming down and when? Or, have they just been spying on them since they landed, or did Monty squeal and give them all the details?

Thankfully it's due back in "the fall" so not too long to wait for answers.

EDIT: Interesting that they're doing "more than 13 but less than 22" episodes for season 2. I'm glad they're not going for a full on 22 episodes but I wonder how many exactly there will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

Id say they will do around 16 episodes. Prob something like 7 before Christmas and then take a break and show the last 9 from around March

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

the body count in this show is pretty brutal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Invertpyramid

The difference in quality from the first episode to the last episode is telling. I was considering switching off after a few eps but I'm glad I stuck with it. The writing, dialogue and acting was quite poor early on...but it got better as the show got darker.

Looking forward to this coming back. That cliffhanger with the mountain men was very "Fallout". All that was needed was a robot president and I'd think I was back in the wasteland. :P

The difference in quality from the first episode to the last episode is telling. I was considering switching off after a few eps but I'm glad I stuck with it. The writing, dialogue and acting was quite poor early on...but it got better as the show got darker.

Definitely. It's only at the end of Ep3 that it really takes off.

mine was after episode 5 onwards

Starts tonight on E4 if anybody feels like watching again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Starts tonight on E4 if anybody feels like watching again.

Just saw the first episode there. it's pretty poor, despite having an interesting idea. The acting wasn't terrible, sort of par for the course if it was a CW show (Is it? it certainly has that feel) but the dialogue was awful. Plenty of these people do some really stupid things and it seems to want to be a teen drama more than a sci-fi survival show...like a cross between hunger games and lost but aimed at the 90210 crowd. and maybe that's the problem, if it was aimed at a slightly older audience, they wouldn't have to worry about all this silly space/social degradation (i.e. interesting) stuff getting in the way of all these sexy seventeen year olds and their raging hormones.

it definitely has potential so i'll keep an eye on it and reassess a few episodes in.

^First two episodes are not great at all but it starts to improve in episode 3 and then really takes off in 4 and 5. It's worth sticking with it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Fairly minor fare so far, watching to see when all the mutated wildlife eat the pretty Eloi people.

Well, saw the second episode yesterday. it's...alright. some of the characters are pretty decent but there's still plenty of stupid. Some of the "kids" on the surface are honestly too stupid to survive there.

I do get an "Earth 2" feel about it if anyone remembers that show?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

In case it hasn't been mentioned already, The 100 Season 2 premieres October 22nd at 9PM in the US
    "We believe in the storytelling of [Season 1] that was only 13 episodes," Pedowitz says. "There will be only 16 for this year so [executive producer] Jason [Rothenberg] could do the stories that he needed to do in a very quick fashion to get it out there."

As for how dark and violent the series became quickly into Season 1, Pedowitz is a fan of the risks Rothenberg has taken, and how it's paid off for the network.

"We felt that with 'The 100' under Jason Rothenberg's showrunning that he had done something we were looking to get to," Pedowitz says. "He made a gritty show, something that was maybe not unique at first, but he made it unique to ourselves and it had a solid following. We appreciate the critical reviews that we received. And more importantly, it had a very strong digital following."

• Advertisement

finally got around to watching episode three. vast improvement on what's come before. Especially the ending.
    Killing off Wells was quite balsy and i really didn't see it coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Loved the landing scene from Episode 1, perhaps because they chose a cracking song in 'Radioactive'

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Have just binge-watched the whole season in the last few days... Absolutely loved it. Very much looking forward to season 2 - although I may have to go out and read the book before that airs...

Have just binge-watched the whole season in the last few days... Absolutely loved it. Very much looking forward to season 2 - although I may have to go out and read the book before that airs...

I wouldn't bother with the book. I've read the odd extract and it's not very good. The TV show has only taken the very basic premise of the book and gone in a totally different direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Just finished watching it all over the past week. First few episodes...awful, pure rubbish. From then on...okay, but nothing more than that. Anyone comparing it to BSG...that is an absolute insult to BSG which is a million times this show will ever be. Someone mentioned its for the 90210 crowd, which is definitely there.

That's not to say it could have potential, interesting premise. And the cliffhanger leads to interesting possibilities. One thing that annoyed me so much was they basically become mates with a grounder, Lincoln, why do you not ask him any questions at all??? How is the earth habitable? How did they survive full out nuclear war? radiation stays for hundreds if not thousands of years...there are deformed animals but the air and water are fine, why? Octavia, maybe ask the lads these questions before you screw him. Stupid plot holes wreck my head.

Not sure what E4 are at showing repeats in the middle of the day. Episode 4 is on now and they've edited the crap out of it. I saw the end of it the other night around 9, I think, and they'd even cut the Clarke/Finn sex scene from the end.

• Advertisement

Advertisement