Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail bans e-cigarettes

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

padd b1975 wrote: »
    I cannot understand why anyone under the age of 30 could be so unaware of the health dangers of smoking (not to mention the antisocial stigma of the last 10 years) that they still make a conscious decision to start.

With youths there's peer pressure and not-giving-a-fuck syndrome.

Judging from posts on the vaping sub quite a large amount of us got addicted through smoking joints.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

agree fully with irishrail.
    but then i hate smoking, absolutely disgusting and utterly unnecessary for anyone to do.
    why people start in the first place is beyond me.

ban those ecigs everywhere i say.

Said while stinking out my place of work with his morning coffee while talking about the 6 bottles of lovely new wine he just picked up in Lidl and laughing about the guards nearly catching him take a piss down a little lane the other night on the way home from the pub.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

First world problems. No trains to smoke on even if you wanted to in Donegal. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

grindle wrote: »

Judging from posts on the vaping sub quite a large amount of us got addicted through smoking joints.

i swore blind for years I wasn't addicted to cigarettes, it wasn't until I moved abroad and wasn't able to get weed for a couple of weeks that I was forced to admit to myself, all the while smoking those lovely lovely canadian cigarettes

seriously, canadian cigarettes are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

They WERE lovely you mean.
    People expressing concern about weed possibly making an appearance in ecigs is funny too - it'll negate any possibility of addiction to nicotine and produce docile people, what's not to like?

Saw your name on the Vaping sub recently, are you coming back to us?
    At the very least you could update the random thread. You can't just start something like that and abandon it like you've abandoned us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Calibos wrote: »
    Said while stinking out my place of work with his morning coffee while talking about the 6 bottles of lovely new wine he just picked up in Lidl and laughing about the guards nearly catching him take a piss down a little lane the other night on the way home from the pub.....

Curious...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

i swore blind for years I wasn't addicted to cigarettes, it wasn't until I moved abroad and wasn't able to get weed for a couple of weeks that I was forced to admit to myself, all the while smoking those lovely lovely canadian cigarettes

You were in Canada & you couldn't score some weed Digby :confused::confused:

The home of BC bud & you were budless...that's fookn of the hook, I feel for you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'd love to know if there was a high volume of complaints or was this fixing a problem before it came to pass?

Consdering rush hour trains are like sardine cans, and you get the bang of ****ing woefully smelling people, perfumes and colognes, in your face, for about a 40 minute journey, I dont think smell was the issue.

To be honest doesn't really bother me. I drive, and I got the kick up the arse to learn from spending my teens on buses and trains to schools and colleges. There is alot more problems in the public transport system them e-cigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

Red Crow wrote: »
    Some people don't want vapour exhaled in their faces thanks that smells of coffee or caramel thanks.

people dont blow it in others faces FFS

get a real argument will you :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

dj jarvis wrote: »
    people dont blow it in others faces FFS

get a real argument will you :rolleyes:
    :D

• Advertisement

Ostrom wrote: »
    The scented varieties smell disgusting - that manky, cheesy toilet duckish smell you get from lidl air fresheners. Also like the combination smell you get walking through the cosmetics section of a big department store.

you have just described half the people on a normal train without someone vapeing

whats next , deodorant , perfume , hair spray and gel , the cleaning products used on the train , piss , **** ect ect , i hate all those smells and people dont have to smell of piss or perfume , so lets ban those ****ers also !!!

some of the arguments on this thread are pointless " I DONT LIKE THE SMELL YADA YADA "

the fumes from the cars buses and trains you encounter on your journey are far more harmful and smelly - sure lets ban all those also

MonstaMash wrote: »
    :D

LOL - when did you EVER see someone do that in real life , with either a real smoke or vape ????
    you would do it only once , because you would get the **** knocked out of you,
    did people who vape suddenly become ignorant bastards ?

"LOOK - IT LOOKS LIKE SMOKE - LETS BAN IT " FFS
    laughable

** not directed at you MonstaMash :-) **

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I don't like the smell of the addictive coffee they sell on the train, but they have their hand in that pot so it's all good there I suppose. Maybe one of the large e-cig vendors should consider cutting them in for sales on trains and they may reconsider.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Gongoozler wrote: »
    ... Irish Rail have banned them from their train and DART services ...
    Mighty stuff.

Advertisement