Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Does anyone know what Romwe sizing is like? I really want this shirt, but the 'S' size is out of stock so I'd need to get 'M' but I'm worried it might be too big if it is normal sizing :(

http://www.romwe.com/mint-green-riveted-vest-p-57401.html

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭missrandomer

296254701?$zoomPopup$&hei=582&wid=910

Just wondering what the rules is about wearing black with blue. Silly questions maby, but im always baffled by this.

Could i wear for example this jacket with a pair of blue jeans/ jeggins maby with a turquoise tee with a pair of nude heels, on a date.

I want to go smart but casual, im a curvy kinda girl so im not a skinny minnie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Just wondering what the rules is about wearing black with blue. Silly questions maby, but im always baffled by this.

Could i wear for example this jacket with a pair of blue jeans/ jeggins maby with a turquoise tee with a pair of nude heels, on a date.

I want to go smart but casual, im a curvy kinda girl so im not a skinny minnie :D

That would look fab! Love the blazer:D

For anyone who's been experiencing problems with ASOS deliveries in the past week - all ASOS parcels that were sent to Portlaoise Mail Centre have been and are continually being returned to ASOS.

I managed to get all bar one of my items re-sent to me. Unfortunately the boots (main reason I placed the order) were out of stock so just got a refund for those.

The phone number for ASOS is here for anyone who may need to contact them.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110920101020AAFSHxS

Toast4532 wrote: »
    For anyone who's been experiencing problems with ASOS deliveries in the past week - all ASOS parcels that were sent to Portlaoise Mail Centre have been and are continually being returned to ASOS.

I managed to get all bar one of my items re-sent to me. Unfortunately the boots (main reason I placed the order) were out of stock so just got a refund for those.

The phone number for ASOS is here for anyone who may need to contact them.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110920101020AAFSHxS

Have they given a reason for this?

• Advertisement

gg2 wrote: »
    Have they given a reason for this?

They didn't give me a reason so I've no idea why it is happening.

Toast4532 wrote: »
    They didn't give me a reason so I've no idea why it is happening.

Thats ridicules... Did you only receive notification when the items went back to ASOS?

gg2 wrote: »
    Thats ridicules... Did you only receive notification when the items went back to ASOS?

Nope. Only realised when tracking showed that my parcel was in the Laois mailing centre for a week so I rang them over it and got the above information.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭saythatagain

Luno wrote: »
    Never have I wanted a designer handbag so much but I cannot justify the price tag on the one I've been eyeing up for the past 5 months :o It is 170 euro which to some may seem pretty cheap for a designer bag but it's on sale and for a student it is more money than what I'd ever spend on anything that isn't a necessity.

Life's too short, buy the bag!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'm very, very seriously considering investing in a Cambridge satchel...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Faith wrote: »

My sister has one. They're absolutely gorgeous, the quality of the leather is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Do it! :D

I got a neon one last summer, LOVE IT! It's small but great for work for holding my essentials (organiser, wallet, small make up bag, keys) so I can keep my hands free for bus fare etc. It's also funky (hate that word!) enough to wear on a night out, again hands are free for holding a drink!

I'm considering getting another in a more neutral colour (maybe brown) and keep my neon one for summer/nights out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

DO! I have 3! They're amazing :p

Such bad influences, all of you :D. I'm thinking about a 13 inch purple one (that's what she said). I figure the quality means it's a real investment piece that I'll use for years, right?

I figure the quality means it's a real investment piece that I'll use for years, right?

Of course ;)

Just checked my account, mine is the 14" fluoro pink.

The purples are fab. Looking at the colours, I love the chocolate, the dark brown, the navy and the duck egg. Oh to have money!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm thinking about a 13 inch purple one (that's what she said).

:eek::D:D:D

A Cambridge satchel is definitely an investment piece, it'll last you forever! Do it!

Bnagrrl, how is the 14 inch? I'm concerned it would be a bit big for an every day bag?

I'm sold though, I'm definitely going to get one :D

I have 2 14" ones (oooh-err! :D ) - one with a handle and one without. I use them for work/conferences/meetings.

They fit an iPad, A4 pad, pens etc. I personally wouldn't use them as my regular handbag, as they're bulky. If you're looking for an everyday bag to carry the basics, I reckon that 14' is a bit big.

Exactly what I was thinking, thanks!

I'm using an 11" satchel at the moment and it's a touch too small, so I think the 13" is the best option.

Bnagrrl, how is the 14 inch? I'm concerned it would be a bit big for an every day bag?

I'm sold though, I'm definitely going to get one :D

Hmm I don't find it too big at all. It is a bit bulky but inside the space isn't huge. I would carry a wallet, an organiser (big diary), smart phone, keys, small make up bag and a few other bits and pieces for work. I use it as my everyday work bag. With the cross body strap I can keep my hands free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Such bad influences, all of you :D. I'm thinking about a 13 inch purple one (that's what she said). I figure the quality means it's a real investment piece that I'll use for years, right?

F*cking lol :D

I was given a very similar one for my birthday from A which I love, it's tan with a pink piping, but they come in loads of colours. Only €17 quid, will send you a pic if you want? Am happy to send it down to ya too if needs be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Is there somewhere in town a fellow could buy a top hat? I know I can buy online but I have no idea what size I'd need. I have rather a large head so would ideally need a measurement.

Is there somewhere in town a fellow could buy a top hat?

I'm sorry - I have no idea! That line made me laugh, so elegantly put :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I don't know of anywhere that sells top hats but you could go into a millners and get them to measure your head and then buy online?

I don't know of anywhere that sells top hats but you could go into a millners and get them to measure your head and then buy online?

Oh that'd be kind of like cheating and I don't think my morals would let me do that.

Measure your head yourself and buy online ;)

bnagrrl wrote: »
    Measure your head yourself and buy online ;)

I'm sure I'd muck it up somehow, but thanks.

I did it. I ordered my Cambridge Satchel :D :eek:. My heart fluttered quite a bit when I hit 'buy' and I realised I was spending £110 on a handbag!

Which one did you go for Faith?

• Advertisement

The 13" purple one :D

Can't get a picture from the official website, so I grabbed one from Google:

CSC+Purple+13inch+(2)-1.jpg

Advertisement