Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boggers Log

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Duanington

Best of luck this weekend TBL, no doubt we'll be reading great things on here in the coming days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Good Luck TBL!

PC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

pconn062 wrote: »
    Good Luck TBL!

PC

+ 1
    O
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

pconn062 wrote: »
    Good Luck TbL!

PC (trackfairy)

fyp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Best of luck TbL - you'll nail it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Calvin Johnson

Good luck TBL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Best of luck TbL!
    Expecting great things from yourself Peter and Ger!
    Now, go nail it for the Wesht!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Best of luck TbL. You have put in a solid stretch over last few months, enjoy it (as much as you can with a marathon :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Stazza

Good luck and have fun - looking forward to the report.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Good luck tbl!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,623 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Thanks Lads,

'Twas a bit warm today, it'd be grand for beach volleyball!

I also seemed to have picked up galloping payaka, I hope it's the nerves and not the ice cream that looked like a baboons hole, that I had for dessert :)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

menoscemo wrote: »
    fyp

Glorified hiker! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Badreputation

Best of luck ... no bother to you!

Abject failure across a number of fronts today. DNF, pulled out at 16.

I'm starting to think that my head is writing times that my legs can't cash.

I'm away with work for over two of the next three weeks and I'll try and assess things then.

Still in shock

Thanks to everyone on here, ye were fantastic support.

Well done to Ger and Yaboya, fantastic running from the lads today.

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Abject failure across a number of fronts today. DNF, pulled out at 16.

I'm starting to think that my head is writing times that my legs can't cash.

I'm away with work for over two of the next three weeks and I'll try and assess things then.

Still in shock

Thanks to everyone on here, ye were fantastic support.

Well done to Ger and Yaboya, fantastic running from the lads today.

TbL

Take a few days break from things (running and all running related) give your chance a mental break before you go evaluating it. Some times things don't go your way and considering last week you were having doubts you were gonna make it (this mental issues can have an effect).

Enjoy the bit of down time you worked hard and that fitness hasn't gone anywhere, you will come back from this

Tough luck TbL - you've got a fantastic block of training under your belt though, chill out for a few days and move onwards and upwards - maybe it was just one of "those" days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Sorry to hear things didn't go well today. You should be proud of all the fantastic training you did though and as ecoli says it will all stand to you for the next one. Better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Unlucky tbl.

You're obviously gutted but you're also experienced enough to know that everyone has a bad day at the office every now and again.

A quick check there showed that 1/5 of the participants in the london 2012 Olympic marathon DNF'd for different reasons so you're in very good company. Your training stacked up but it just didn't happen on the day.

As ecoli said, take a bit of time to dust yourself down.

Enjoy the remainder of your time in Seville

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

I've been there (so maybe you are trying too hard to be me :D), the training will always stand to you so once you reassess put it to good use.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

Sorry to hear it tbl. As others have said, your training has been great and fitness built up hasn't gone anywhere. Chill out if you can and enjoy the rest of your break.

• Advertisement

The Bogger's in Jordan, the country not the "model"!

6k on the dreadmill, it was covered in fluid afterwards, blood, sweat, or tears, still not sure!

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Jordan? is that the place near Leitrim? :)

Good man getting back on the horse.

Interested in AL's thoughts (if any).

Jordan? is that the place near Leitrim? :)

Good man getting back on the horse.

Interested in AL's thoughts (if any).

Tnx AMK,

He has said that he was very surprised that I blew up that early and that my training should have at least gotten me close to my target.

I expected all that, but he asked me to do a session today to see how my legs are, I think he may be inferring that it was partly mental.

Anyway, I had considered jacking in the structured training and going back to my comfort zone, but I know I'd ultimately regret that. I'm gonna give it a good shake up for the rest of the year and give it a proper lash. Have signed up for another 6 months with AL.

Hoping to become a mini Beepbeep :)

TbL

Did 10k on the dreadmill incorporating a (1, 2, 3, 2, 1 min) x 2 mini fartlek.

Did the first one at 15k pace and the second one at 16k.

TbL

How are the legs feeling and how are you feeling? Sorry if I've missed it, but have you made a decision on another marathon?
    Sorry again to read of what happened. You have a lot of virtual support around these parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Tnx AMK,

He has said that he was very surprised that I blew up that early and that my training should have at least gotten me close to my target.

I expected all that, but he asked me to do a session today to see how my legs are, I think he may be inferring that it was partly mental.

Anyway, I had considered jacking in the structured training and going back to my comfort zone, but I know I'd ultimately regret that. I'm gonna give it a good shake up for the rest of the year and give it a proper lash. Have signed up for another 6 months with AL.

Hoping to become a mini Beepbeep :)

TbL

Hey Tbl,

Don't want to sound harsh at all, but I think I would agree with this. Your training up to the final week before the race last Sunday seemed to be going very well, but a poor few days before the race seemed to totally knock your confidence. I've no doubt you'll put up a big performance in your next race though ;)

Ososlo wrote: »
    How are the legs feeling and how are you feeling? Sorry if I've missed it, but have you made a decision on another marathon?
    Sorry again to read of what happened. You have a lot of virtual support around these parts.

Tnx,

Legs are good (better than they should be probably)

I could come up with any number of excuses for the DNF, but I'm starting to think a lot of it was in my head. I'd usually rock up to a marathon and knock out a 3.30 if I was going ok, I'd have no training done and just do it. For Seville it was, if you'll pardon the expression, cock on the block time for me and I'm wondering if this might have played on my mind. Either that or I've too big an aspiration for myself.

I'm going to do Limerick and I'm toying with the idea of looking at something else, awaiting online coaches feedback.

Tnx again

TbL

I'm going to do Limerick and I'm toying with the idea of looking at something else, awaiting online coaches feedback.

Tnx again

TbL

Great stuff. That's the spirit:D Onwards and upwards. Hope you're enjoying being in Jordan. The country that is, not the "model" :D

Good man TbL - back in the game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

Duanington wrote: »
    Good man TbL - back in the game!

Some cigar puffing pull-ups is what you need TBL - that'll sort you out;)

Advertisement