Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Releases

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

It was touted for the first album as well. A house down in Dingle? I prefer to just listen to Bon Iver.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Think some are being harsh on McMorrow. He's one of Ireland's finest singers IMO. His tone of voice is similar to Iver's but his voice isn't, it just seems any male singers singing at a higher pitch are all lumped together.

Second album is a triumph too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Gave it a listen last night. Definitely deserves some repeat plays. Impressed even on first listen. Will probably go see him in Kilkenny in a few weeks.

Sleep Thieves releasing their second full length album some time in the spring. Really looking forward to that as the Islands EP was a big step up from the debut album.

Trust release their second album Joyland on March 4th. Really liked their first one, hoping this one will be as good.
    First single is Rescue, Mister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭trashcan

Teenage Fanclub due an album this year too. Already recorded in France last year. Think it's due about September according to their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭mosstin

trashcan wrote: »
    Teenage Fanclub due an album this year too. Already recorded in France last year. Think it's due about September according to their website.

In the meantime there's the very appealing prospect of Norman Blake's New Mendicants (with Tom Pernice) releasing a record this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭trashcan

mosstin wrote: »
    In the meantime there's the very appealing prospect of Norman Blake's New Mendicants (with Tom Pernice) releasing a record this month.

It's Joe Pernice, but yeah should be good. I saw them in Whelans in July and they were excellent. Went and bought a load of Pernice Bros cd.s after the gig. Wasn't really aware of them before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭mosstin

trashcan wrote: »
    It's Joe Pernice, but yeah should be good. I saw them in Whelans in July and they were excellent. Went and bought a load of Pernice Bros cd.s after the gig. Wasn't really aware of them before that.

I knew that. :o

New Real Estate album coming in March, very much looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

New Real Estate album coming in March, very much looking forward to it.

new single here: http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/01/real-estate-announce-new-album-atlas-stream-talking-backwards/

looking forward to it myself.

I've been listening to and enjoying the first two tracks from the new "thee silver mt zion..." album a lot today, think the album is out at the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

Frito wrote: »
    Looking forward to East India Youth later this month.

Really enjoying this debut album. A taster if anyone's interested...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wL_JE_ksh8

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭smacg

I believe a new album is due out shortly by Dry The River. I've listened to their debut more than any other album over the last 6 months and its very good.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

The Wrens. The Wrens. The Wrens!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Strawberry Swan

Damien Jurado - 'Brothers and Sisters of the Eternal Sun' in January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Sharon Van Etten is releasing her new album in May

http://www.nme.com/news/sharon-van-etten/74944

TV on the Radio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 EVOL1991

I am looking forward to hearing St. Vincent's new album.

Telepathe posted this on their Facebook page on 2nd Feb:
    IN TRANSIT TO LA TO FINALLY FINISH THE TELEPATHE ALBUM...AND WILL COME OUT ON FEDERAL PRISM RECORDS HOPEFULLY AT THE TOP OF THE SUMMER

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,825 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

new Gruff Rhys record on the way (apparently accompanied by a film and an app)

• Advertisement

Icelandic electronic trio Samaris release their second album Silkidrangar on May 6th:
    http://www.thelineofbestfit.com/news/latest-news/samaris-announce-new-album-145331

First new track to be performed is called Hafið.

Their self-titled debut was one of my favourite discoveries last year (Viltu vitrast and Sólhvörf ii, in particular, are fantastic). Sadly I only found about them after they had played Electric Picnic so didn't get to see them live on that occasion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

SE Londoners a/v experimentalists Breton have released their second LP .Last seen in Ireland supporting the local natives in the olympia..they are a compelling live act..

Stream -

http://www.mtviggy.com/blog-posts/exclusive-stream-war-room-stories-the-new-album-from-breton/

no links, but Sun Kil Moon have a new album out and The Notwist have an album coming out the end of February.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Future Islands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Only found out today that Afghan Whigs are releasing a new album in April. Something else to look forward to!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Sharon Van Etten is releasing her new album in May

http://www.nme.com/news/sharon-van-etten/74944

really looking forward to this, her last 2 releases have been fantastic

Streaming on Itunes now.

d9f36f89.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Jaggy

Manchester Orchestra releasing Cope on the 1st April

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

SUNN O))) & Ulver - Terrestrials is worth checking out. I'm enjoying it.

The sound is akin to a SUNN 0))) track like "Alice".

I'm digging this song too. I'm seeing different dates for the album... might have come out at the end of last year, either way they are worth checking out (Their single "Ghostwalking" from a couple of years back is great)

• Advertisement

tUnE-yArDs - Nikki Nack
    Due May 5th.
    I remember listening to w h o k i l l a while back and enjoying it but on repeated listens I grew a little sick of it. I think she's someone I can only handle in small doses. Still, if there's a song as good as "Bizness" on this then I'll be happy enough.

Klaxons - Love Frequency
    Due June 2nd.
    Liked their debut album ("Atlantis to Interzone" is still a CHOON!) but didn't like "Echoes" at all so never really got around to the second album. Think I'll be giving them another chance though.

Lykke Li - I Never Learn
    Due May 2nd (in Ireland), May 5th worldwide.
    Wounded Rhymes was one of my favourite albums of 2011 so I have high hopes for this. First song released from it is Love Me Like I'm Not Made of Stone.

Advertisement