Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graham Norton

• 14-02-2014 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

I can't see a thread for this...Bill Murray is on...you're missing out if you're not watching! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Not much of an angle for taking the piss out of The Graham Norton Show. The Late Late Show thread is where it's at ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Quality show. As always.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭lertsnim

One of the best episodes I've seen in a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 43,757 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep.. Norton always delivers but tonight was something else.

All the guests were great.. but never knew Hugh Bonneville was so funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,739 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

euh that end bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Basq wrote: »

All the guests were great.. but never knew Hugh Bonneville was so funny!

I thought his act seemed very contrived.
    I didn't think Murray had much time for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭I_smell_fear

Yep, Hugh Bonneville was very contrived and awkward, clearly putting on a bit of an act, while Damon and Murray were being their natural selves. Maybe they're just used to the limelight more.

I didn't take to Bonneville at all. It was like he was trying to be a bit 'laddish' to fit in with the big guys, and it didn't suit him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭micar

Am watching this on 3e.

Bill Murray is just class.

Best episode in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,128 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Watched it last night, it was hilarious! I love how the American guests always react to how the show is run. Its totally different to anything in the states, much more casual and relaxed, the drinking and the swearing etc. Matt Damon in particular seemed to really enjoy it, I think at the end he said it was the most fun he's ever had on a talk show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Johnny31

great episode last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭micar

micar wrote: »
    Am watching this on 3e.

Bill Murray is just class.

Best episode in a while.

Go from the Graham Norton show to the awkward and terrible The Saturday Night show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Just watching this now, Bill Murray is stealing the show.

He'd be great at a party, so effortlessly funny.

I always suspected that Bill Murray was just playing himself in Lost In Translation. Now I know it. Loving his laid-back yet slightly melancholy attitude.

Bonneville is annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Really enjoying show, partly I think because they are all in bits laughing, Matt Damon, in particular. I think Graham Norton is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

That's the best episode I have seen in ages. Loved how Mark Wahlberg was lulzing all over the place and have to say i genuinely lol'd at "I have to tell you: I'm Irish"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Norton appears so effortless, but you can see the amount of research that has been done and his knowledge of the guests. Something for Tubs to learn from.

And the alcohol helps too I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Addle wrote: »
    And the alcohol helps too I think!

Lord Grantham and Bill had certainly been at the cooking sherry. When is Bill Murray going to do a Spike Milligan biopic ? Talk about kindred spirits.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I think Bonneville worked in the sense that he got the other two giggling away and you could see Norton was beginning to lose them, barely getting an answer out of Wahlberg Damon on the Liberace/Bafta question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

I would normally skip past the musical guest but Paloma Faith is always good.

dfx- wrote: »
    I think Bonneville worked in the sense that he got the other two giggling away and you could see Norton was beginning to lose them, barely getting an answer out of Wahlberg Damon on the Liberace/Bafta question.

Well, 'Behind the Candelabra' is a sore subject for all concerned.

A terrific film but, Hollywood now being more conservative now than the 1950s wouldn't touch it.

dfx- wrote: »

I felt that they were laughing at him rather than with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Addle wrote: »
    I felt that they were laughing at him rather than with him.

Yeah they were, especially when Graham showed the lads a pic of his jumper on Top Gear & to see if he was wearing lipstick as his lips were a bright colour :D

Laffed out loud when Graham said :D" I'm Irish too" to Bill Murray, but how could you forget Gaybo for Terry Wogan as i know Tubridy is forgettable enough

as his only interview he done in the UK was the Culture Show on Hyde Park On Hudson last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Yeah they were, especially when Graham showed the lads a pic of his jumper on Top Gear & to see if he was wearing lipstick as his lips were a bright colour :D

Laffed out loud when Graham said :D" I'm Irish too" to Bill Murray, but how could you forget Gaybo for Terry Wogan as i know Tubridy is forgettable enough

as his only interview he done in the UK was the Culture Show on Hyde Park On Hudson last year.

Yeah I'm fairly sure he was talking about the Late Late Show, that was show where an unknown Jason Byrne, who was in the audience, tried to be funny by asking Bill Murray a stupid question.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,329 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Damon is always cool too

This weeks episode was again very good.

Lower key guests, but Miriam Margoyles steals the show.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

As she did last time too. Her and Will I Am were electric together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Good laugh when the girl with the bad back was told to sling her hook

Advertisement