Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Options
  • 28-08-2013 6:29pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Apologies if there's already a thread but I can't find one. This has just shot up my most anticipated games list. Was really skeptical without any actual gameplay footage but there's finally been some decent ones. Looks amazing!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I can't wait for this, been excited about since the first trailer came out a while back.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Ah that's why I couldn't find it. I just looked up the stick of truth :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Too bad it's delayed until march.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

Looks great, terrible shame about the delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

true words indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭Patser

Kirby wrote: »
    A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad.

Ahem - Duke Nukem - Ahem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Looks surprisingly good. Matt Stone and Trey Parker tend to have a high standard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Patser wrote: »
    Ahem - Duke Nukem - Ahem

Rule still applies. That wasn't delayed. It was remade from scratch like 5 times. The game that was actually released was made in about a year....everything prior to that was basically dropped.

So they should have delayed it to make it better. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,809 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm looking forward to this, but that fighting style will take a lot of getting used to. Hopefully doesn't put me off the game...

I'm looking forward to this, but that fighting style will take a lot of getting used to. Hopefully doesn't put me off the game...

It looks like Paper Mario. What were you expecting?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,647 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

“We always wanted the game to feel like you’re actually in an episode of South Park. Getting the game up to the crappy standards of the show has been a real challenge and we’re excited to say it’s taken way longer than we thought it would.”

Part of this delay comes from all the drama surrounding the shutdown of THQ, which surely managed to screw up a few schedules during development and already caused the game to be pushed back once. It was originally supposed to be slated for the second half of 2012, but after the acquisition Ubisoft said the game had to be “turned upside down” to deliver the experience fans wanted. Now it joins Watch Dogs as another one of their delayed titles.

But to soften the blow of the bad news, Ubisoft has released a new seven minute demo of the game in action. The goal was to make it feel as much like an episode of South Park as possible, and for at least the first few minutes, that’s exactly what it looks like. Once the fights start, it’s certainly clear it’s a video game, but I think they’ve done a great job keeping with the tone of the show, even during battles. You’ll see what I mean as Butters and “New Kid” battle the minions of Jimmy the Bard.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/11/01/south-park-the-stick-of-truth-delayed-to-2014-gets-seven-minute-demo/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Bring back South Park Rally & Chefs Love Shack (that the name?), those games were whopper! This looks ok too I suppose :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Looks deadly.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

New video (apparently leaked). Looking good. Some talk from Stone and Parker with bits from the game and a beard worth remembering:-

A lead game designer with a ridiculous beard? Well I never! Can't wait for this game though. Looks great

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

mewso wrote: »
    New video (apparently leaked). Looking good. Some talk from Stone and Parker with bits from the game and a beard worth remembering:-

Holy**** those two got old! :eek: I just recently watched Baseketball very recently. I cant believe 1998 was so long time ago now... I feel old.

baseketball_poster.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

I've no doubt that the game will look and feel just like an episode. That's not necessarily a good thing though: it has to work as a game, not an interactive episode

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Reekwind wrote: »
    I've no doubt that the game will look and feel just like an episode. That's not necessarily a good thing though: it has to work as a game, not an interactive episode

From the gameplay vids they've shown it looks to me like they've a good chance of achieving that.

Reekwind wrote: »

RPG's can have almost any style and still work given the limited gameplay elements of the genre

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

this looks like the best game based off a tv show in recent years. I can't wait.

just wish creamy goodness was in it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

"He doesn't talk Elf King. He thinks he's hot sh*t or something", brilliant line.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Looks awesome, bet it is on PSN plus before the year ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭steve_r

Looks great. I don't really tend to play these type of games - assume its generally better on PC than ps3?

steve_r wrote: »
    Looks great. I don't really tend to play these type of games - assume its generally better on PC than ps3?

This is the exact kind of game where the platform doesn't matter. I would prefer to play it comfortably with a controller

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Grimebox wrote: »
    This is the exact kind of game where the platform doesn't matter. I would prefer to play it comfortably with a controller
    Yea, no twitch mechanics means you can relax and laugh along with it :P

I'll be playin this on the couch with controller in hand (on PC of course). :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Really curious to see what the gameplay is like for this. Everything so far makes it look like one of those interactive cartoon adventures type games from the 90s rather than an RPG. I'm still hoping this will be decent owing to Parker & Stone.

Advertisement