Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD! **Read first post before posting**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭evlis

Three mature students/professionals looking for a forth roommate to rent a house in Maynooth.

Please PM me if you're interested. Anyone is welcome.

Sent you a PM there.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭purebeta

Also living with bigstupidguy here, preference to nonstudents('professionals') and postgrads.
    Landlords are giving us stick about students...

purebeta wrote: »
    Also living with bigstupidguy here, preference to nonstudents('professionals') and postgrads.

I'm a final year mature student with 33years under the belt if that makes any difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

purebeta wrote: »

Are ye students?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭purebeta

No, we both work. Former post-grads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 McCullen

2nd year law and business desperately looking for a room, don't mind living in any specific part of maynooth, pm me with any info. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

evlis wrote: »
    I'm a final year mature student with 33years under the belt if that makes any difference!

I'm sure landlords would be okay with that lol!

I'm sure landlords would be okay with that lol!

A sad state of affairs altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 baller94

Yeh, loads of people still looking for accommodation, house, room or anything decent they can get for the college year.

Plenty of room to pitch a few tents in the library.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Update: Three people looking for one room mate to fill a four bed house in Moyglare. Sorry for the confusion and late notice but landlords are a nightmare to deal with this time of year. They are looking for a deposit tomorrow of around €350, if anyone is interested please let me know asap. Ideally we should have a room mate by 6pm today....

Update: Three people looking for one room mate to fill a four bed house in Moyglare. Sorry for the confusion and late notice but landlords are a nightmare to deal with this time of year. They are looking for a deposit tomorrow of around €350, if anyone is interested please let me know asap. Ideally we should have a room mate by 6pm today....

Hey there, just sent you a pm there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LightOfAnima

Uhhhh... Is it just me, or do 90% of the houses at daft.is not accept students? I found like two houses that are shared, and the one in Maynooth is probably already taken. Waaah >.<

Anyway... Any... Um, offers? Or help, rather. I mostly just keep to myself and study and do stuff on my computer/tablet >.<

Sorry if this is like the lamest post in the forum's history. *is somewhat new*

Ummmm... Nevermind x.x

• Registered Users Posts: 4 disappear_here

We will have a double room for a mature student or professional at the end of this month. Really nice 2 bed apartment about 5 mins walk from college. 450e per month. No bin charges and really fast upc internet and tv. Pm for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 SharpShoot

if anybody is looking for a housemate, let me know. Im a third year still looking for accommodation and getting tired of commuting

I still am, actually, although I wouldn't be able to move until the month is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 SharpShoot

I still am, actually, although I wouldn't be able to move until the month is over.

well i mean anybody whos in a house already and is looking to fill a room

Ah. *facepalms*

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DearMissClaire

Hi! Can anyone tell me if there are available rooms to rent after Christmas so in 2014? Myself and another girl are looking for rooms to rent. Cheers!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 sophie.sperner

Did you find any room in 2014, that is now, after Christmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Hi! Can anyone tell me if there are available rooms to rent after Christmas so in 2014? Myself and another girl are looking for rooms to rent. Cheers!:)

yes, what city were you looking for? might want to fill that out with some details??

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

cerastes wrote: »
    yes, what city were you looking for? might want to fill that out with some details??

Considering that this is the NUI Maynooth forum I'm going to take a wild guess and say that she and her friend are looking for rooms in Maynooth...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Considering that this is the NUI Maynooth forum I'm going to take a wild guess and say that she and her friend are looking for rooms in Maynooth...

facepalms :) but some details probably would be helpful, they might be looking far and wide, if they had transport or how far depending on public transport. Might keep my eyes peeled here, might have some free rooms in the future, be handy for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DearMissClaire

Yeah I'd love somewhere in the town of Maynooth but I'm on a very tight budget :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mcweevil77

Hello,

I am moving to Maynooth from UK to work on NUI as stuff. I am looking for temporary accommodation until I find an apartment to rent. I want to avoid B&Bs as they are more expensive i think, and they are trouble for some-one trying to establish himself as opening bank accounts etc.

Are there any guest houses or rooms in houses available for say around a few weeks to 1-2 months or so? I tried some on daft and gumtree but not a lot of luck yet. I am professional in 30s, quiet and also a good cook and good company, with lots of international experience

i am looking forward to move to Maynooth as i have read many great things for the community there.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

It was very hard to find accommodation for everyone this year. You might have some luck now that the international students staying for one semester have left. I had a few friends that had to get places in Leixlip this year. Try the accomodation thread and also have a look in the accomodation office in the student services building on North campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mcweevil77

Thanks JayEnnis
    what other places are close to Maynooth with the bus, how low long does it take to go between them and Maynooth and how much will be the costs of transportation? Is it a solution getting the bus or it is not convenient at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Mcweevil77 wrote: »
    Thanks JayEnnis
    what other places are close to Maynooth with the bus, how low long does it take to go between them and Maynooth and how much will be the costs of transportation? Is it a solution getting the bus or it is not convenient at all?

Leixlip is about 7 minutes away on the train and costs about 5e return I think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 sophie.sperner

I've been in Maynooth two weeks, stayed in temporary accommodation (see the rooms available, it is usually 30 euro but sometimes like tonight they have cheapest 52 euro per night) and just this Mo got a new accommodation. I was lucky to find one on the residence office website. Check the list they have and call everybody from that list, otherwise use daft which is considered to be the best option though at the moment there are very few propositions out there. Meanwhile get ready to live in South Campus and pray them to have that College room (30 euro) available.

Advertisement