Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fortune Magazine 3 years Subscription (60 issues) €30

Options
  • 11-01-2014 6:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Fortune Magazine - 3 year subscription (60 issues) for €30 (Home Delivery)

+ Free Executive watch

www.fortune.com/joinus9

Promo Code: F2034

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Not very happy that they automatically auto-renew your subscription- though 30 Euro for 3 years, is remarkable.
    Thankfully, Fortune is a good deal more readable than the tat in Time Magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Any digital access with the subscription, i.e iPad App access??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

50c per issue until 2017..
    What's the 'executive watch' like..any link to an image?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Dogre

Not very happy that they automatically auto-renew your subscription- though 30 Euro for 3 years, is remarkable.
    Thankfully, Fortune is a good deal more readable than the tat in Time Magazine.

As this is a three year subscription, most credit cards will have expired and been replaced by the time the auto-renew comes around; so, they will have to get the new card details to auto-renew.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tidyweb

So how do you actually cancel the subscription, can you not cancel the automatic renew now?

The offer is not available through the fortune.com site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Student2014

I placed this order but got no email confirmation as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I ordered too. No email either.

Something looks odd with this

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

old HUKD thread about it here. watch sounds like piece of junk....12 issues a year so 36 issues all in

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/1-2-3-years-subscription-fortune-magazine-20-40-60-issues-free-fortune-gift-watch-1118791

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

jmorrisey wrote: »
    old HUKD thread about it here. watch sounds like piece of junk....12 issues a year so 36 issues all in

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/1-2-3-years-subscription-fortune-magazine-20-40-60-issues-free-fortune-gift-watch-1118791

Its issued twice monthly so ~ 60 issues for 3 yrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭evostik

Fortune is bi-weekly - it's 20 issues per annum

Watch images attached - it's actually a decent watch. Leather strap might not last too long however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭sawfish

evostik wrote: »
    Fortune is bi-weekly - it's 20 issues per annum

Watch images attached - it's actually a decent watch. Leather strap might not last too long however.

The one on the box looks better than the one on the guys hand

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭SitUbuSit

Great find. Always on the look out for bargain magazine subscriptions as they're so expensive here normally, compared to the US for example.

Anyone know of any good bargains out there for Time or the Economist or other decent mags?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Pique

Ironic that a magazine called 'Fortune' which yearly has the list of the richest people in the world, shows up in a bargain alerts thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I placed this order but got no email confirmation as of yet.
    I ordered too. No email either.
    Tidyweb wrote: »
    Something looks odd with this

Same here, and the second I placed the order I started worrying whether it was a phishing scam. No "Verified by Visa" or other security checks, though it was https, and the whois seems to check out OK. Will be keeping an eye on my credit card for the next while until a magazine appears. :(

I wonder if they have different watches for male and female "executives"?

I got my confirmation email. Check your spam folders if you haven't received it. Mine took about 2 hours to come through...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Excellent find OP!

They are gonna be delivered in double issues. Still hard to see how they are even covering the cost of postage for these!?

Linoge wrote: »
    Excellent find OP!

They are gonna be delivered in double issues. Still hard to see how they are even covering the cost of postage for these!?

Probably posted by container ship?

I read an article in the paper yesterday which said it was cheaper to send a certain fish that is caught in Scotland to China to be filleted and back to Scotland to be sold, than to hire people in Scotland to do it.

• Advertisement

I just hate the idea of automatic renewal at a price you dont know.
    They should really contact you before renewal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

Pique wrote: »
    Ironic that a magazine called 'Fortune' which yearly has the list of the richest people in the world, shows up in a bargain alerts thread.

As Bill Gates said when he was "buying out" Homer Simpson , "I didn't get this rich by writing cheques!"
    Thoie wrote: »
    Same here, and the second I placed the order I started worrying whether it was a phishing scam. No "Verified by Visa" or other security checks, though it was https, and the whois seems to check out OK. Will be keeping an eye on my credit card for the next while until a magazine appears. :(

It does look weird. If you go to the www.fortune.com homepage and follow the link for subscriptions at the bottom of the page, you get a completely different offer at a much higher price with a gift of an Encyclopaedia Britannica DVD. Same if you go to the homepage of the domain the OP's link redirects to (www.timeinc.com) and follow the subscription page links.

Still, if you're paying by credit card, you can't go too far wrong. You can always get your card provider to charge back the transaction if doesn't turn out to be kosher.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭dman15333

Did anyone else get a confirmation email.I placed the order at 11pm yesterday and still haven't got the email, and the card hasn't been charged.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Excellent find OP!

They get far more in advertising revenue- than it costs to publish and ship the magazine. Having a larger distribution list simply means they can charge the advertisers even more. When you get your first copy- you'll get a bit of a surprise at just how much advertising is in it. Thats how its funded. Your 30 Euro is simply the icing on the cake for them.

Excellent find OP!

Where did you get that they're going to be delivered in double issues? It mentions that that it publishes 2 double issues (each counting as 2 in the annual subscription of 20) but I don't find anywhere about each issue not being delivered separately?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

SitUbuSit wrote: »
    Where did you get that they're going to be delivered in double issues? It mentions that that it publishes 2 double issues (each counting as 2 in the annual subscription of 20) but I don't find anywhere about each issue not being delivered separately?

Yep, you're right. I read it wrong

I ordered Saturday got 2 confirmation emails this morning at 4am and 7am. Hope they haven`t given me a double order.

I ordered Saturday got 2 confirmation emails this morning at 4am and 7am. Hope they haven`t given me a double order.

I got the same at 4am and 7am and I only placed 1 order.

Same here - the first said the subscription would start late Feb, and the second was an altered version that said it would start early Feb. I read the second mail as a correction to the first.

• Advertisement

Thoie wrote: »
    Same here - the first said the subscription would start late Feb, and the second was an altered version that said it would start early Feb. I read the second mail as a correction to the first.

I think they are delivered in double issues and they are the 2 delivery dates.

Advertisement