Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fortune Magazine 3 years Subscription (60 issues) €30

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Yea, same watch.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Has anyone received their first issues yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Lustrum

I got my first issue about 2 weeks ago now, then got the watch about a week later. I think it's a great magazine for the price (considering each issue should be €5 according to the cover). The articles are nice and compact, easy to read, and generally pretty interesting - who know I'd ever be reading an article about mandarin production in California, but there you go!

I'm delighted with it, and looking forward to the next one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Got my watch today but no magazine yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭adr_sullivan

never even realised that i needed this until i saw it. such are the joys with bargain alerts.....

thanks OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

Just after getting the watch. Better than I thought it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Affluenza

Just after getting the watch. Better than I thought it would be.

This :)

Our first issue should be in around the 24th of February.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭g0g

First issue showed up in today's post for me - thanks OP. There's actually a lot less advertising in it than I was expecting from some of the other posts!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭dman15333

Got the first issue today, very happy with it. Got the watch last week and it was damaged and not working, so had to send it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭stocktrader

watch was good and sold it to a fried for 13 bob. magazine v good too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

My watch turned up last week (they obviously don't cater to female executives), and magazine turned up today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

Got the first issue today.Didn't it say somewhere they'd be in batches of two?No harm anyway,This one isn't on the shelves here for another week.One or two decent looking articles in it at first glance.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I just remembered this. I paid but got nothing. No watch, no magazines. Anyone else? Who should I contact?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭dman15333

Zascar wrote: »
    I just remembered this. I paid but got nothing. No watch, no magazines. Anyone else? Who should I contact?

I say email fortune directly on the customer service contact details you got in the email confirmation. I received the watch and all issues except one and when I contacted they were very helpful and sent it out.

Zascar wrote: »

I got no watch- but the magazine have been randomly turning up every couple of weeks.

Ask for your money back- the couple of magazines I've gotten, have been sent to recycling post haste- they're atrocious. Its a single article normally- with padding and advertising. You get what you pay for (or not- in your case).

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭trev44

I got no watch- but the magazine have been randomly turning up every couple of weeks.

Ask for your money back- the couple of magazines I've gotten, have been sent to recycling post haste- they're atrocious. Its a single article normally- with padding and advertising. You get what you pay for (or not- in your case).

i'm 2.5 years through a similar previous offer.
    i disagree with the poster above.. i like the mag.. some of the issues where they do their top 50 of this that and the other arent great but overall i enjoy them.
    ps the watch isnt up to much
    im going to sign up again.

trev44 wrote: »
    i'm 2.5 years through a similar previous offer.
    i disagree with the poster above.. i like the mag.. some of the issues where they do their top 50 of this that and the other arent great but overall i enjoy them.
    ps the watch isnt up to much
    im going to sign up again.

Yeah I find some decent articles in each. It is very US-centric. I don't notice much advertising in them at all

I'm coming from the perspective of being a regular reader of 'The Economist'- which is full of articles on both financial and current events- with a very international audience in mind. Its well written, intelligent- and has very good editorials and commentary on current events- alongside excellent analysis and country profiles- which are very interesting to read. It also backs up everything with good statistics- and uses valid comparisons (such as the well known 'Big Mac Index' for example.

You get what you pay for- the Economist is about 160 for an annual subscription- which is 54 issues (weekly except at Christmas when its forthnightly- + 3 specials). Fortune is 30 quid for 3 years.

I will not be renewing my Fortune subscription when it comes up for renewal, its the most disappointing publication I have ever seen, ok, Time Magazine isn't far behind- but its that sort of a category.

You do get what you pay for.

Is the 3 years nearly up? I haven't been reading them for the last year or so. Anyone want a stack of unopened Fortune magazines?
    Every 2 weeks is too frequent I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Is the 3 years nearly up? I haven't been reading them for the last year or so. Anyone want a stack of unopened Fortune magazines?
    Every 2 weeks is too frequent I think

You might want to start by reading the post previous to yours and look at the date and then read the magazines ;)
    Its 2_years gone.

• Advertisement

I realised that, do you want my stack of issues then?

Fortune the backstards took €25 off me today, must have auto-renewed me?
    Yes indeed they did. People should go here to cancel the sub and it apparently refunds you for the remaining issues:
    http://www.fortune.com/customerserviceeurope

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

We are unable to validate the credit card details we have on file for you. To avoid service interruptions please update your credit card information.

Think i should be good!

Advertisement