Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Schumacher Suffers Serious Head Injury

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Jesus, originally I was like "just a slow news day" but now it seems to be getting worse. Really hope he is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

http://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/info/557795/schumacher-victime-d-un-accident-ski/ This is where it originated. They seem legit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BFM_TV

EDIT: BBC site says the expert who arrived recently is a mate of his and Todt's which is probably a good sign.

Is that article not just going by the info in the previous news article though? Can't read it myself but just going by the times on the articles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

To be honest I'm still not convinced of the legitimacy of the info, hoping it's bollocks as it still hasn't been picked up by any reputable sources.

I'm with you on that - it's just the fact that it is still up there on Sky above stories like a girl dying after being found on fire in the road, suicide bomber claiming 15 lives in Russia etc - you have to wonder is there more behind the story that hasn't been broken yet. Fingers crossed though. I've been known to be wrong before !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,696 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Latest news coming up on sky news at 9

• Registered Users Posts: 11,092 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Good to see that it's not as serious as first mentioned.

Speedy recovery to the main man.

• Advertisement

I'd say we'll know a lot more before midnight

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I'd say we'll know a lot more before midnight

Yea there will be something official in the next hour or so according to Sky.

Yea there will be something official in the next hour or so according to Sky.

Fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Trying to keep up to date on twitter and whilst the majority of people seem to be human, it's shocking how many absolute cu*ts there are on it.

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Trying to keep up to date on twitter and whilst the majority of people seem to be human, it's shocking how many absolute cu*ts there are on it.

***** in what way?? I'm not on twitter

• Advertisement

Just disgusting comments/jokes which I wouldn't even repeat.

-edit nvm, think it's been like that for awhile.

Sky have just said the same. Come on Schumi.. just one more victory and pull through!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Gary Harstein, the doctor who replaced Sid Watkins as the F1 doctor, has tweeted a few bits about the injury:
    "It's quite well known that extradural hematomas, a kind of cerebral hemorrhage, can leave a lucid interval after injury. Then as the hematoma forms, the sudden increase in pressure causes sudden and dramatic symptoms. Pressure must be relieved rapidly. This is done with a neurosurgical intervention. Then the victim is observed in an ICU environment. Quality of recovery depends on: 1) severity of initial injury 2) acuteness and amplitude of pressure rise when hematoma forms 3) rapidity with which it is drained 4) quality of neuro intensive care and rehab"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I lost interest in F1 after Senna's death but I've always had huge respect for what Schumacher achieved over the years. I hope and pray he makes a full recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Crap, hope he pulls through, he was such a hero of mine in the glory days.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Walt Grace

Hope he pulls through.
    Was always my favourite F1 driver when I watched back in the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Marcus Halberstram

Damn, hope he recovers well.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Sky news saying he's in a coma

• Advertisement

Martin Brundle ‏@MBrundleF1

"Come on Michael, give us one of those race stints at pure qualifying pace to win through, like you used to. You can do it."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Was hoping this would blow over but the news has gotten worse over the day. Worried now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Spent many a weekend glued to the tv as a kid watching him race. I really hope he pulls through. No doubt in my mind he is the best driver I've ever seen.

I got a little worried earlier when Sky were still leading with the story, but I didnt expect it to be life threatening. Come on Schumi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Love him, best F1 driver ever.

Come on Michael.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

Genuinely shocked at this news. Michael schumacher is my childhood hero, still remember at age 11 setting the alarm clock at 4am for all those far eastern races to watch him compete.
    Can't believe he is in a coma...
    Get well soon Michael. Truely amazing sportsman and even more amazing racer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Jaysus, I do hope he pulls through with no lasting injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Hope he pulls through this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Just disgusting comments/jokes which I wouldn't even repeat.

Fair play, I'd rather not even be aware of that kind of shite. It's all attention seeking, immature, w@nkology {apologies to the mods, but jeez, people can be sickening at times}.

Fingers crossed here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Shocking news, saw it on the bbc site in work earlier but read that it wasn't serious. Hope he pulls through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Let's hope the spirit of Hungary 98 helps him pull through

Advertisement