Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jizzler's 2.013 X 10^3 Chat Thread

Options
  • 07-12-2013 5:26pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So yeah, it's that time of year again when the great and the not so great of C&H are rewarded for whiling away their lives on the internet.

All chat goes here.

After a lengthy consultation process, the following dates have been suggested:

Nominations Open: Monday 9th
    Nominations Close: Sunday 15th
    Voting Opens: Monday 16th
    Voting Closes: Sunday 22nd
    Ceremony: Friday 27th

These just a rough guide, I'd say nominations might be left open for a bit longer, we'll see how we go. :)

If anyone wants to suggest alternate dates go ahead.

So yeah, admin out of the way, anyone wanna host this thing? :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Oohhhhhh my 1st Jizzlers :D I am very excite!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Here's the list of awards from last year:

- Best Poster
    - Best Thread
    - Funniest poster
    - Best Taste in Music
    - Best Mod
    - Second Best Beard Award
    - The Niceguy award for nicest poster
    - The Lifetime Achievement Award for services to C+H
    - Should be a couple?
    - Nerdiest poster
    - Best newcomer
    - Best playpen intro
    - Best playpen answers
    - Most creative poster
    - Most likely to be president one day
    - Best Jumpguy
    - Most inspirational poster

I think the two playpen ones might be a bit redundant this year... :P

Any changes anyone wants to make?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I know we renamed best beard last year but how about renaming the lifetime achievement award in honour of Pygmalion?

:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I like that idea. We should honour him.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Oh, I assumed we were making the beard award the memorial award (keeping it as the Second Best Beard in Honour of Pygmalion Award).

But yeah, if people want to go with the Lifetime one then cool. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Has to be done. The place hasn't been the same without him!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

All in favour of changing the lifetime award? AYE! And the ayes have it. The Pygmalion Lifetime Achievement Award.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

whos hosting?

was reading over the old jizzler threads a while back, they're honestly some of the funniest things i've ever read. good times.

whos hosting?

was reading over the old jizzler threads a while back, they're honestly some of the funniest things i've ever read. good times.

You are.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    You are.

:P

i co-hosted back in the day.
    my bit is done :P

• Advertisement

Yeah, but have you ever solo-hosted? No? Then you're up!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

I assume if there was only one nomination for an award there'll still be an award and presentation and photos and red carpet for it? QoL deserves it for the hard work she puts in :)

Palytoxin wrote: »
    I assume if there was only one nomination for an award there'll still be an award and presentation and photos and red carpet for it? QoL deserves it for the hard work she puts in :)

You should host the thing and you can give out whatever awards you want...

:pac:

What date would it be on? I'd say Iamanengine will do it, he's the clear-cut choice imo, if he can sober up in the meantime..

What date would it be on? I'd say Iamanengine will do it, he's the clear-cut choice imo, if he can sober up in the meantime..

Good lord, how am I in anyway a suitable choice? :pac:

Good lord, how am I in anyway a suitable choice? :pac:
    You can type coherently and are clearly not busy... I've made the executive decision on behalf of C&H that you're the only man "4dajob". Congratulations. Do us proud.

You can type coherently and are clearly not busy... I've made the executive decision on behalf of C&H that you're the only man "4dajob". Congratulations. Do us proud.

Clearly not busy? I am insulted. I'm just finished exams I'll have you know!
    When is it?

Clearly not busy? I am insulted. I'm just finished exams I'll have you know!
    When is it?

So you're not busy ;)

Whenever you want! (Imagine me as Denzel in Training Day, I'm going to mastermind your performance, you being Jake, then at the last minute you're going to turn it around and do it twice as well without my help :cool:)

In all seriousness I must decline, I would be a thoroughly un-enjoyable host.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

All those carbs and squats, and sure she's always on about researching new techniques.

• Advertisement

In all seriousness I must decline, I would be a thoroughly un-enjoyable host.

Ah sure we've nobody else?

Ah sure we've nobody else?

We have you... and the other bunch of people who post here :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Who are these people??

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Who are these people??

Blow ins.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

They are the future!

I'm calling one of my now usual Jizzler's votes to decide something. All in favour of iamanengine hosting, thank this post!

Guys, pls. I doubt most even know me here!

Guys, pls. I doubt most even know me here!

Oh, I see how it is. You were all happy out to take be in the limelight when you got a thread named after you, but now you want to play the shy guy?

THAT WON'T FLY MAN! :P

But...I don't have enough funny in me to make a good host :(

I'm declining for the good of C&H DAMMIT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

So when do I get my awards?

And it's an all-inclusive night out as a prize, prostitutes and everything yeah?

Advertisement