Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

We went online and watched the opening credits to Look who's talking too (inspired by you Penny!) and then a more factual animation of what happens in conception, (it's amazing really) and I felt quite happy because no matter what happens this week, it's a fact that despite all the obstacles, against the odds, we conceived! :):p:D

p.s 2 more positive cheapies this morning[/quote]

Oh sweetheart I'm absolutely over the moon for you both x x x
    Look at this as a Christmas miracle. I'm sure you are in shock but what a super duper shock to get!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Lucuma wrote: »
    Girls, I don't know what's going on but yesterday my period was due, and when it didn't arrived I was a little pee'd off (oh the irony!) because I knew i wasn't pregnant anyway as after my CD18 progesterone level of 35, I had a CD19 progesterone level of 18, which isn't enough to support pregnancy. I was ticked off because I'm supposed to be going into the Fertility clinic over here on Day 3 to give bloods, and I had just allowed enough time to do that on Friday before flying home for Xmas so if my period didn't arrive yesterday, Fri wasn't going to be Day 3 and it would be next month before I'd be able to give the bloods.

Anyway when it didn't arrive, I did a test and - BFP!! :confused::):eek:
    You should have seen myself and my husband ''there's no line there what are you on about?'' 'no seriously, look at it in this light'' ''Where?!'' 'There!!' this went on for about 5 mins til the line got darker, then he accepted it! He was absolutely over the moon, like a man who's just won the lotto, jumping around, kept hugging me etc. I'm a bit more cautious - I know that progesterone falling like that isn't good - so I think maybe this is going to be a chemical pregnancy for us.

We went online and watched the opening credits to Look who's talking too (inspired by you Penny!) and then a more factual animation of what happens in conception, (it's amazing really) and I felt quite happy because no matter what happens this week, it's a fact that despite all the obstacles, against the odds, we conceived! :):p:D

p.s 2 more positive cheapies this morning

What fabulous news!!

llambert wrote: »

p.s 2 more positive cheapies this morning

Look at this as a Christmas miracle. I'm sure you are in shock but what a super duper shock to get!!!![/QUOTE]

I watched that too (probably the same one as it was prompted on the same search page as Look Whose Talking) and it really is amazing. It does make you wonder how one earth there are so many people walking around doesn't it:eek:

Look at this as a Christmas miracle. I'm sure you are in shock but what a super duper shock to get!!!!

I watched that too (probably the same one as it was prompted on the same search page as Look Whose Talking) and it really is amazing. It does make you wonder how one earth there are so many people walking around doesn't it:eek:[/quote]

Sorry Lucuma I think I stole some of your quote.......not sure how. Anyway now I'll have to go watch this clip!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

bobskii wrote: »
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE
    ]

This was my reaction Bobskii! :D

The only thing I can put it down to (other than a Christmas miracle!) is a) the nutrition plan we've been following which has been haaaard to do but worth it. And b) I employed this strategy this cycle which I got from a poster on something like page 8-12 of this forum (Glittergirl was her name, just in case she ever looks in here 5 years later - thanks!) for men with low sperm count whereby hubby abstained for a few days beforehand. Then I added to that, we dtd in the morning (higher sperm count) and I waited til the day after the day I got the LH peak on the opks. That was it - we literally just did it the once.

I'm not saying that's right for everyone, and of course the general advice is every 2nd day but for our particular circumstances (low sperm count and an unsuccessful record with obligatory se*x) I thought this strategy was worth a shot. Then I did the usual legs in the air whatever.

I can't believe - considering the amount of obsessing, and watching that has been going on, that this could actually creep up on me unbeknownst to me but it did! I had no symptoms - apart from overheating and sweating all day yesterday ! (same again today - bit embarrassing actually sweat patches 2 days in a row!). My boobs were just the usual pre-menstrual sore boobs, nothing different. WTF.

Anyway rang the GP in Ireland, will fly home today if necessary, don't know whether I need to be put on a progesterone supplement or something. Waiting for her to get back to me (her surgery hadn't opened yet so I sent an email).

I watched that too (probably the same one as it was prompted on the same search page as Look Whose Talking) and it really is amazing. It does make you wonder how one earth there are so many people walking around doesn't it:eek:

Sorry Lucuma I think I stole some of your quote.......not sure how. Anyway now I'll have to go watch this clip!![/QUOTE]

It was a good quote to have stolen some of. ;)

Lol!!!I read that this mornin half asleep and was like wtf!!!!delighted for ya,that's two days in a row I'm genuinely happy for people who are pregnant and I've never even met them!

bobskii wrote: »
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE
    ]

This was my reaction Bobskii! :D

The only thing I can put it down to (other than a Christmas miracle!) is a) the nutrition plan we've been following which has been haaaard to do but worth it. And b) I employed this strategy this cycle which I got from a poster on something like page 8-12 of this forum (Glittergirl was her name, just in case she ever looks in here 5 years later - thanks!) for men with low sperm count whereby hubby abstained for a few days beforehand. Then I added to that, we dtd in the morning (higher sperm count) and I waited til the day after the day I got the LH peak on the opks. That was it - we literally just did it the once.

I'm not saying that's right for everyone, and of course the general advice is every 2nd day but for our particular circumstances (low sperm count and an unsuccessful record with obligatory se*x) I thought this strategy was worth a shot. Then I did the usual legs in the air whatever.

I can't believe - considering the amount of obsessing, and watching that has been going on, that this could actually creep up on me unbeknownst to me but it did! I had no symptoms - apart from overheating and sweating all day yesterday ! (same again today - bit embarrassing actually sweat patches 2 days in a row!). My boobs were just the usual pre-menstrual sore boobs, nothing different. WTF.

Anyway rang the GP in Ireland, will fly home today if necessary, don't know whether I need to be put on a progesterone supplement or something. Waiting for her to get back to me (her surgery hadn't opened yet so I sent an email).

Its great whatever worked in the end. Its such wonderful news. Its funny cos I put do much effort into the last cycle with acupunture, eating correctly and all that with no result and this time just carried on as normal minus the drink!

Its funny was looking back over an angel reading my sister had got me around Easter(she's really into those things). I was sceptical but was freaked about how much she knew. She knew about the ivf and could tell me exactly why we couldn't have kids. Was freaked as never told anyone that. Anyway she said it would work, it would be twins and July was when they would be born. So will be very interested to see what happens next!! Maybe when the time is right that's just it.
    I know I sound like a right hippy!!

With abit of luck we'll be huffing & puffing around the same time x x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

It really is so lovely to have good news here two days in a row and I'm hoping it happens in threes....

So come on, who's next?!?! :D

Congratulations Lucuma!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Wow! Congratulations Lucuma!! That's flippin fantastic news!

It really is so lovely to have good news here two days in a row and I'm hoping it happens in threes....

So come on, who's next?!?! :D

Congratulations Lucuma!

I was thinking that too! My period is due either on Dec 27th or Dec 29th.

Could have the best of New Years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Fingers crossed for you too Penny :)

Fingers crossed for you too Penny :)

Thank you.
    Almost scared to hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 petalchild

Fingers crossed for you Penny!
    Delighted for you all- congratulations!
    Your long journeys leading up to this can give some hope to those of us just starting the long process that we too will get the ever elusive BFP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭TomeeTipee

Oh my God Lucuma, that is great news!! Have been super busy the last few days so didn't really get a chance to reply to you when you were talking only a few days ago about the possibility of donor eggs. Can't believe I've just dropped in now to see your news! Fantastic Christmas present for you and your hubby.

Hopefully your GP will be able to give you some good advice regarding your progesterone levels. With all the good news around here at the minute, it just goes to show that there is hope for us all. I think we'll have to start on that diet (after Christmas!). It can't do any harm I suppose ;)

I'll be keep my fingers crossed for you hon x x

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Congrats Lucuma!!!
    I'm sitting here with a big goofy grin on me because two more of this thread have became mammies :D What an awesome Christmas present!

So, these things happen in threes. So who is next? Its not me anyway because I'm a few days into a new cycle. Doesnt matter because I've decided I'm going to get duffed for New Year. So, who is due to test?

I'm the same as you Neyite do its not me,ill continue to practice baby making over Christmas but I'm back in hari first week in January!fingers crossed for whoever is in the running:p

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Wowzers, congrats Lucama!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Nor me - I'm only on day six, waiting impatiently to start using my CB digital ovulation sticks on day ten!

Nor me - I'm only on day six, waiting impatiently to start using my CB digital ovulation sticks on day ten!

Its funny when you use them. I got really really happy when I saw the smiley face, flashing or not! You'd swear I'd just gotten a BFP I was so happy. I suppose it was nice to know that my body was actually doing what it is supposed to do!.

These last few days I'd cry at the drop of a hat at work:o As mentioned this day last week have on going issues with my boss who is being quite an ass to me. Had a sit down with my line manager today about my performance and how the job (I've only been in it since the summer) is going etc. I was so emotional during it:o Mortified! I have no idea why. I never get like this with work and I actually don't care about the job these days.
    I can only hope that I'm so emotional because I'm awaiting a BFP at the end of the month. If not then I'm just nuts. A weepy nuts but nuts all the same.

TomeeTipee wrote: »
    Hopefully your GP will be able to give you some good advice regarding your progesterone levels. With all the good news around here at the minute, it just goes to show that there is hope for us all.

Thanks, the GP was really positive and happy for me which was really nice. She said that despite my progesterone level of 18 measured last Thursday (1 week ago actually) she said she has never prescribed progesterone for an expecting mother, she said that the fertility clinic in Cork don't prescribe it for natural pregnancies (they do for assisted pregnancies). She said the one in Galway does, then she was talking about Napro. It's a bit late for me to rocking up on Napro's doorstep at this stage when I wasn't with them all along I suppose. Anyway she said that it's only prescribed for natural pregnancies where there is a history of miscarriage.

I was thinking more along the lines that with our results, this conception was such a miracle that maybe there could be a case made for doing anything, everything, to try and get it to last but seems not. Anyway I'm going home tomorrow and going in to see her, she will do blood test, then another one on Monday and see if my Hcg is rising, it should be rising to show everything is ok. She is also going to give the gynae a buzz just to confirm this approach and tell me the feedback tomorrow when she sees me.

Tomee, my fella's sperm count is half what your fellas is so take heart! ;)

Thanks, the GP was really positive and happy for me which was really nice. She said that despite my progesterone level of 18 measured last Thursday (1 week ago actually) she said she has never prescribed progesterone for an expecting mother, she said that the fertility clinic in Cork don't prescribe it for natural pregnancies (they do for assisted pregnancies). She said the one in Galway does, then she was talking about Napro. It's a bit late for me to rocking up on Napro's doorstep at this stage when I wasn't with them all along I suppose. Anyway she said that it's only prescribed for natural pregnancies where there is a history of miscarriage.

I was thinking more along the lines that with our results, this conception was such a miracle that maybe there could be a case made for doing anything, everything, to try and get it to last but seems not. Anyway I'm going home tomorrow and going in to see her, she will do blood test, then another one on Monday and see if my Hcg is rising, it should be rising to show everything is ok. She is also going to give the gynae a buzz just to confirm this approach and tell me the feedback tomorrow when she sees me.

Tomee, my fella's sperm count is half what your fellas is so take heart! ;)

I wouldn't worry to much about getting the progestron. My clinic had said sometimes women are kept on it till 12 weeks if there is a history but they didn't give me anymore. I've been on it for 3 weeks but finished now.

Don't think you'll need that plane tomorrow you could probably fly yourself :-)

Its funny when you use them. I got really really happy when I saw the smiley face, flashing or not! You'd swear I'd just gotten a BFP I was so happy. I suppose it was nice to know that my body was actually doing what it is supposed to do!.

These last few days I'd cry at the drop of a hat at work:o As mentioned this day last week have on going issues with my boss who is being quite an ass to me. Had a sit down with my line manager today about my performance and how the job (I've only been in it since the summer) is going etc. I was so emotional during it:o Mortified! I have no idea why. I never get like this with work and I actually don't care about the job these days.
    I can only hope that I'm so emotional because I'm awaiting a BFP at the end of the month. If not then I'm just nuts. A weepy nuts but nuts all the same.

Hang in there Penny. Hopefully you'll be getting time off over the Christmas to give you a break from work.
    You probably feeling like telling your boss to f off but just thinking the money!!!!

Has anyone heard from Stickybean since she had her procedure done,she popped into my head when i was travelling home there tonight?!

Ladies ye are goin to enjoy this christmas and new year and rightly so ye really deserve it!:):D

I wouldn't worry to much about getting the progestron. My clinic had said sometimes women are kept on it till 12 weeks if there is a history but they didn't give me anymore. I've been on it for 3 weeks but finished now

I will just have to trust that my body can provide, hopefully the corpus luteum is chugging away churning out the progesterone as we speak, come on corpus luteum!!

Had a little blob of pink cm yest eve, would have thought oh no Aunt Flo on her way but I rem'd deep in the annals of this forum DetectiveFoxtrot once described her implantation bleed as cm with a pink tinge so that must have been what that was

I will just have to trust that my body can provide, hopefully the corpus luteum is chugging away churning out the progesterone as we speak, come on corpus luteum!!

Had a little blob of pink cm yest eve, would have thought oh no Aunt Flo on her way but I rem'd deep in the annals of this forum DetectiveFoxtrot once described her implantation bleed as cm with a pink tinge so that must have been what that was

Don't worry all that is seemingly normal. Well from the books saying that so does my mother who is probably now rushing up on her pregnancy advice skills after filling her head up on ivf stuff.
    I'm all excited car packed and all ready for home. Though there's barely room for me to get in. I blame the dog, didn't have him last year and blaming all his crap!!
    My mother is a real minder anyway but think I'll be twice a spoiled this year. She have my Dad running around after me, he'll be thinking of lost the use of my limbs :-)
    Hope you have a safe journey hone x x

Hang in there Penny. Hopefully you'll be getting time off over the Christmas to give you a break from work.
    You probably feeling like telling your boss to f off but just thinking the money!!!!

Yep I sure am. The thoughts of telling him what a little spineless git he really is are very warming at the moment. Naturally I won't until I win the lotto jackpot. Then I will with bells on.
    I'm finished up today for Christmas and may or may not return on Jan 2nd, might leave it until the 6th we'll see.

Have asked the boss of my boss for a sit down early in January to discuss things so we'll see how that goes. Hopefully I'll have gotten a BFP before then and will have the best secret to keep to myself and know that in a few short months I'll be saying "see ya loosers".

• Advertisement

So GP called with Day 21 blood results and they seem to be bad/ not great.
    The progesterone level was 5.8 and they like the level to be 5.3 - 86 on Day 21.

I reminded him that my Day 21 was not 7 DPO but rather 2/3 as my LH surge came on CD 10 and hit its peak on CD 14/15.
    I also reminded him that I did tell him this before he drew the blood.
    He is gone off to talk to another doctor in the practice and will ring me back.

So now my head is wrecked. I will be 7 DPO on Sunday so obviously no bloods can be taken then.
    This means I'm definitely not pregnant I assume?
    I have no idea what an average 2/3 DPO level of progesterone is.

So clever knowledge filled ladies whats your take on this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement