Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

When was the last time there was so much interest in a diva match :P

There will be a Road Warrior pop from me if Nattie gets the win :D

Should go on last

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Huh?

Vader bet the Jaws of a TV presenter in Kuwait in the 90s on a talk show, for questioning if wrestling was fake. Got banged up for a short while too, not for the assault, but for cursing on live TV during the smackdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Vader bet the Jaws of a TV presenter in Kuwait in the 90s on a talk show, for questioning if wrestling was fake. Got banged up for a short while too, not for the assault, but for cursing on live TV during the smackdown.

Had never heard this story

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Had never heard this story

Here's the video of it if you're interested. It's short enough
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJf1Bgfzx-U

• Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

rovert wrote: »
    Should be the only match

Fixed your post:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

For those who have money on Nattie, Meltzer just posted:
    A.J. was still winning as of a few hours ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

deano546 wrote: »
    For those who have money on Nattie, Meltzer just posted:
    A.J. was still winning as of a few hours ago.

Wheres dolphins when you need him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Yeah, would make sense to me. Like, her being the champion is probably a big part of the total divas storyline thing. I'd be kicking myself so much if she lost it and I hadn't made that bet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Bloody disgrace, how dare she insult this incredibly famous person, Vince if you are reading this, punish her:mad::P

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

A late surge by Michelle there who probably has money on Natalia too. Btw I read that some bookies stopped taking bets on a new champ

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I've a feeling fandango will waltz past ziggler

Called it :D

Apparently this picture or something similar is doing the rounds in the WWE locker room:
    tumblr_inline_mxwayaRy021sol6xt.jpg

Apparently this picture or something similar is doing the rounds in the WWE locker room:
    tumblr_inline_mxwayaRy021sol6xt.jpg

Jesus! If it was me in punks shows I'd be pissed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Anyone recognise the artist's signature?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

I read it as PB.

I read it as PB.

Paul Burchill :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I see a C and a B. The buildup to Benoit's return starts here.

AJ Styles posted the following on his official website and Facebook page this morning:
    MY STATEMENT ON TNA CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS 12/16/13

Today for the first time in 11 years, AJ Styles awakes to find himself without a professional wrestling contract. I can't help but think how did I get here, what must I have done wrong, did I not deliver in the ring, etc. All of those are pertinent questions that any man or woman who finds himself or herself unemployed would ask.

I have always prided myself in being the wrestler that stays away from the things in this business that could easily destroy myself, my family, my marriage, and even my career. A wrestler who goes above and beyond to give the fans what they paid to see.

I move forward not bitter, but better for the blessings and memories that I have been a part of since TNA's inception.

When this contract renegotiation journey started several months ago, my wife and I began praying for God to close doors that needed to be closed and to open the doors that He wanted us to walk through. We asked him to prepare us for this journey and to help us to have the faith to be obedient to what He would have us to do. I am assured by the name Immanuel in Matthews 1:23 that I will never be alone. Hebrews 13.5, says He will never leave us or forsake us. There is a lot in this world that I am unsure of, especially in this moment, but there is one thing that I am certain. Contracts may expire, but the promise of Immanuel will never expire.

As my family and I move forward with my wrestling career, we will turn to Jabez's prayer found in 1 Chronicles 4:10.

Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
    and enlarge my territory,
    that Your hand would be with me,
    and that You would keep me from evil.

My family and I are both grateful for the platform that TNA has allowed me to experience. TNA has been a blessing to our family for many years. We have made many friendships and many more memories. While you may not be seeing AJ Styles in TNA, you can be sure that he will be traveling the world and delivering many more Phenomenal matches. Visit AJStyles.org for a complete list of bookings.

Sincerely,

AJ Styles

Hopefully he isn't working the marks and God.

Apparently he was offered half the 350k he was on due TNA telling him they can't afford him and that WWE's low ball counter offer became known to TNA.

Hopefully he isn't working the marks and God.

Apparently he was offered half the 350k he was on due TNA telling him they can't afford him and that WWE's low ball counter offer became known to TNA.
    Wwe actually made an offer too AJ? When?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Thats hilarious,speaks in the the third person yet also tries to sound humble and thump his bible.

If he goes to WWE he should use 'Livin'on a Prayer' as his theme song.

Wwe actually made an offer too AJ? When?

November 6th Observer:
    As for Styles, I'm not certain of anything new regarding his contract, but one would think he's signed a new deal because giving him this storyline and paying him while he's only working outside the promotion for a few months (the idea is for him not to return to TV so fast which is the difference between this angle and the Punk angle, that and Styles is working for other groups) makes no sense if he's not under contract after December. There was a WWE offer made to him, but it was one that he couldn't have possibly taken, given it was about one-fifth what he's currently making. Sure, in WWE, there's the opportunity to make tons more than your downside, and he would if he was on the main roster and working regularly and getting a mid-level push (although a mid-level guy in WWE would be making slightly more money than Styles currently earns for tons more dates). The issue is in WWE, it's not impossible, but very difficult, especially if you're not awesome on the mic, to get past the level they see you at, and given the offer they made to him, that's not exactly a promising sign as to what that level they saw him at.

A fifth of his 350k puts WWE's offer at the level of the standard developmental contract. So you would assume WWE wanted him to go through NXT and for a while.

November 6th Observer:

A fifth of his 350k puts WWE's offer at the level of the standard developmental contract. So you would assume WWE wanted him to go through NXT and for a while.

If Bryan, Punk, Ambrose, Rollins and Neville can go to Development, then so can AJ. He should play ball with WWE in my opinion, I find it hard that it wouldnt be an ambtion for a wrestler to go to WWE and potentially appear at a Wrestlemania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Wouldn't say the WWE schedule holds much appeal for him after having it handy in TNA for so many years.

If Bryan, Punk, Ambrose, Rollins and Neville can go to Development, then so can AJ. He should play ball with WWE in my opinion, I find it hard that it wouldnt be an ambtion for a wrestler to go to WWE and potentially appear at a Wrestlemania.

I don't think it was a sincere offer to be honest. It was an offer he would say no to. Also all those started in developmental at 36 (likely 37 by the time he relocates) and with 3 young children.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Most of those were about 10 years younger when they signed. And none of them had been on weekly television for the last 10 years either.

Bryan ~28
    Punk ~27
    Ambrose ~26
    Rollins ~24
    Neville ~26
    Styles ~36

See the difference?

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Most of those were about 10 years younger when they signed. And none of them had been on weekly television for the last 10 years either.

Bryan ~28
    Punk ~27
    Ambrose ~26
    Rollins ~24
    Neville ~26
    Styles ~36

See the difference?

I suppose youre right, i never took his age into consideration. Think his WWE Ship has sailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

His style would surely suit a run in Japan if he was interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

His style would surely suit a run in Japan if he was interested.

Problem with that is NJPW is the only company in a good state. They have a stacked roster as is so probably couldnt fit him in right now. Would he be interested in going freelance after spending the last 10 or so years in a permanent position?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Tell that to Prince Devitt who seems content wrestling for New Japan.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement