Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - if you want to discuss flight techniques, then you might like to post in the Aviation & Aircraft forum. Lots of hardcore flight enthusiasts there.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

What's happened to the old tacky Ryanair website? Very disconcerting!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I'm loving their new website. It's a huge improvement, and that's putting it lightly. They do genuinely seem to be taking steps to fix their negative image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I'm loving their new website. It's a huge improvement, and that's putting it lightly. They do genuinely seem to be taking steps to fix their negative image.

Its a big improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭livemusic4life

Anyone know anything about the booking.com vouchers offered on their site. Booked flights in august for a stay in October, booked rooms through the booking.com link on their website and was promised a 10 euro off voucher. Can't use the voucher as the name on the hotel reservation and passport don't match. My bank card has my english name and my passport have an Irish name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Anyone know anything about the booking.com vouchers offered on their site. Booked flights in august for a stay in October, booked rooms through the booking.com link on their website and was promised a 10 euro off voucher. Can't use the voucher as the name on the hotel reservation and passport don't match. My bank card has my english name and my passport have an Irish name.

Get onto booking.com

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭livemusic4life

Get onto booking.com

I have done, they say they don't deal with the issuing of vouchers so can't help. told me to get onto ryanair.
    Ryanair have told me to get onto booking.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2 loveliestlady

Michael saying the company are 'making changes that are meaningful for customers', not sure I buy that. Not sure we, as consumers, should even take his comments on board.

The website does look a MILLION times better though!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,123 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Michael saying the company are 'making changes that are meaningful for customers', not sure I buy that. Not sure we, as consumers, should even take his comments on board.

The website does look a MILLION times better though!

Isn't that a change that is meaningful for customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Anyone.....Can't use the voucher as the name on the hotel reservation and passport don't match. My bank card has my english name and my passport have an Irish name.

Change the name on reservation to match passport?

• Advertisement

joeysoap wrote: »
    Change the name on reservation to match passport?

Then it doesn't match the billing address on his Credit Card

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

A perceived "hard landing" by a passenger is 99% of the time a perfectly within limits normal landing. Ryanair pilots don't thrown the plane on the runway any different to any other operator.

A hard landing is a reportable offense.

I do a little plane spotting and Ryanair pilots do land where Aer Lingus divert. A technical issue between the two aircraft type is often offered as explanation in this regard, but my personal opinion is it's the pilots who make the call and land where other fear to tread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Then it doesn't match the billing address on his Credit Card

Don't think the issue is the address on the credit card, it's that the passport name doesn't match booking name for hotel.

Does your passport show both versions of your name? My passport is issued with my Irish name, but my English name is printed on the opposite page. That always clears up any confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

jjbrien wrote: »
    Actually that isnt true its the way the Ryanair pilots land the plane to save time and get a shorter turn around time. I have been on some Ryanair flights where the landing was so smooth I didnt even notice we were down until the dreadful welcome music came on. But the hard landings are to save time and money. Flew with SAS who uses B373-800 and it was nice and smooth.

That is probably single handedly the most stupid post I've read on the internet in quite a while. Did you just make up complete and utter rubbish to make some kind of point? Unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭chasm

Ryanair are allowing small airport carrier bags on their flights from Stansted now. Came in handy for me last Monday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Ryan ground staff at Cork airport told us they are no longer going to weigh the hand luggage once it fits in the luggage checker size thing .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Qaddafi

Basically i have flight in the morning with Ryanair @ 07:15(so i cant call the call center)

For family reason i had to change my return flight online from Saturday 30 to Wednesday 27 while trying to change my flight i got this following message as there wasn't enough money on my account

***There is an amount of money outstanding on this flight reservation, in order to proceed you will need to contact our Reservation Centre***

Now i'm wondering is my orginal outbound flight still valid? I have got my boarding pass printed but when i try to access my flight details i can't access it :mad:

***There is an amount of money outstanding on this flight reservation, in order to proceed you will need to contact our Reservation Centre***

The original flight was paid in full but i just dont want to turn up at the airport with my flight being cancelled

Merged into Ryanair megathread

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

This is not the case in Leeds Bradford airport, which is one of the worst when it comes to checking bags, last week they were checkiong bags as usual , desperate to get some comission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Living in Australia, flying home next month. Booked a trip to visit my girlfriend in Edinburgh the second week in January last night.

I wanted to fly Edinburgh to Dublin on Tuesday the 14th, but when I clicked the Tuesday flight, it said that I had selected the Wednesday flight. I kept refreshing the page but the same problem persisted, it seemed to be some sort of technical glitch.

But I noticed that if I clicked on the Monday flight, it would say that I had selected the Tuesday flight, which is the flight I wanted. So I went ahead and clicked that. Right through the booking process, the screen was telling me that I had selcted the Tuesday flight. But after I paid and got my confirmation, it said that I had just bought the Monday flight!

This was clearly a technical glitch on their webiste, and I have now paid for a flight that I do not want. What can I do? They don't have an email service that I can see, and calling their call centre fro Oz is an option, and I've heard its a nightmare calling it from home as it is.

Any advice appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭chasm

They provide an email address now: customerqueries@ryanair.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

FR are on the right track but let's not be fooled, only for some desperate bad media about their shocking customer service /outrageous fees, etc, etc they wouldn't have changed a thing it's more of a damage limitation exercise than anything, basically if MOL had his way pax really would be paying to use the toilet on flights, and they'd increase baggage charges even more.

jonnny68 wrote: »
    FR are on the right track but let's not be fooled, only for some desperate bad media about their shocking customer service /outrageous fees, etc, etc they wouldn't have changed a thing it's more of a damage limitation exercise than anything, basically if MOL had his way pax really would be paying to use the toilet on flights, and they'd increase baggage charges even more.

You mean the optional outrageous fees.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

jonnny68 wrote: »

This just isn't true. That, as well as any other number of floated ideas like standing class, just wouldn't come to pass due to regulations and safety concerns. It was a pure PR stunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Living in Astralia, flying home next month. Booked a trip to visit my girlfriend in Edinburgh the second week in January last night.

I wanted to fly Edinburgh to Dublin on Tuesday the 14th, but when I clicked the Tuesday flight, it said that I had selected the Wednesday flight. I kept refreshing the page but the same problem persisted, it seemed to be some sort of technical glitch.

But I noticed that if I clicked on the Monday flight, it would say that I had selected the Tuesday flight, which is the flight I wanted. So I went ahead and clicked that. Right through the booking process, the screen was telling me that I had selcted the Tuesday flight. But after I paid and got my confirmation, it said that I had just bought the Monday flight!

This was clearly a technical glitch on their webiste, and I have now paid for a flight that I do not want. What can I do? They don't have an email service that I can see, and calling their call centre fro Oz is an option, and I've heard its a nightmare calling it from home as it is.

Any advice appreciated :)
    their call centre is great, I rang it frim abroad last week, no holding for ages, they had is sorted out in under 3 mins

you can bring an extra bag for your shopping from the loop, they were promoting in the airport today. This is what it says on the leaflet

1 airport shopping bag* allowed on any flight. plus hand luggage

* standard size bag
    shop with confidence-if your bag is not allowed on a flight, you will be fully refunded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

chasm wrote: »
    They provide an email address now: customerqueries@ryanair.com

Thanks a lot for that, just emailed them there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

Oh good about being able to carry Loop shopping separately. OK duty free is no deal but box of chocs/gift maybe then can have bag for newspaper, hat etc. But what of easing of restriction on extra small handbag? I wont be parted from certain items and fed up filling pockets.

Advertisement