Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Blacklist [NBC - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Yeah ... its gonna be the Darth Vadar reveal. A known international terrorist has said she's never seen nor heard of your husband therefore he must be a boyscout. Release him immediately. The cops in Love/Hate Kilinascully have more wits that these elite black-ops guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

A known international terrorist

in a shiny black leather strapped domina outfit. :D

9QDjW.gif

Torqay wrote: »
    in a shiny black leather strapped domina outfit. :D

9QDjW.gif

...this is where bin Laden went wrong..the beard and the dress, just not kinky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

so the terrorist lady says she's never seen tom in her life and bam he's let go? a bit suspect don't you think? still not explanation who the guys are watching them.

so many questions. sigh :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    so the terrorist lady says she's never seen tom in her life and bam he's let go? a bit suspect don't you think? still not explanation who the guys are watching them.

so many questions. sigh :D

He plays the innocent social care worker so well - looking forward to see him going bad.

I wonder who the guys doing surveillance of the house are working for.
    And I think Red's main guy is working for the enemy, as in if Red has a main opponent.

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    He plays the innocent social care worker so well - looking forward to see him going bad.

I wonder who the guys doing surveillance of the house are working for.
    And I think Red's main guy is working for the enemy, as in if Red has a main opponent.

Well , Red does have a nemesis - it was mentioned at the end of the last ep (4 I think). We can assume - as thick as this getting - that Red is not the only broker working the markets of international shenanigans.

Well , Red does have a nemesis - it was mentioned at the end of the last ep (4 I think). We can assume - as thick as this getting - that Red is not the only broker working the markets of international shenanigans.

Should we set up a competition with a points system: detail all our theories and see who is closer :D

Just finishing up episodes 4 and 5 and while I enjoy the show I really can't see myself giving it 22 episodes a year. The whole villain if the week aspect isn't all that interesting,with only the performanceskeeping me interested. The overall story is interesting and the hints that Spader is himself being hunted by someone powerful is intriguing, as is just what his end game is. SadlyI don't think I can bother with generic villain of the week plots that are wrapped up in 33 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Christ that was ****e - worst episode (6) of the lot! Its so flawed its turning into a rubbish tv show, seriously thinking of not watching anymore.

The bit in the bathroom when they shoot and nearly kill the terrorist they want to question, and before they capture they say no shots, ffs!

Like sunbabe08 said - too many questions

• Advertisement

i kinda like too many questions though, thus the reason for my :D at the end keeps me interested in the show, as long as they eventually get answered it'll be alright :) although i do expect soon like
    who the guys are spying on them

i know bad guy of the week is gonna get old, but it's the drama, the tension around it that makes it interesting.
    and i'm pretty much convinced that red is lizzie's dad and her husband is up to something.

loved this episode. very curious
    my first thought: the house was that was where Red had his family. i'm getting more and more convinced that Lizzie is his daughter. now either the wife had an affair or it has to do about the accident lizzie had with her hand (i remember she has a scar on her hand, but i can't remember what happened and thus reason he abandoned them.

also, the husband, pfft he's so sweet, it's making it obvious he's hiding something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Just watched ep 5, Red seems to go out of his way to keep Lizzie informed of her husband
    as a father figure would do
    also in the redacted documents does it show
    that her husband was a double agent?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

My take
    Red never went rogue. Was recruited to go undercover to gather all the info for the blacklist by the government years ago.
    The link with Lizzie is maybe regarding assuming her father identity earlier on or some connection around their paths crossing when he went off the radar.
    The photo Red took in episode 4 is probably way more significant as it was dated the year he went "rogue"

I kept expecting House to turn up in the last episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I've watched the first three episodes of this and really like it so far but I have no doubt that I wouldn't be so enamoured with it if James Spader wasn't the lead. He's always been a favourite of mine. There's something very engaging about him.

Great to see Skinny Pete of Breaking Bad back in action. :pac:

Isabella Rossellini had a nice little cameo.

Negatives are "Good guy Mike" from Homeland playing the other FBI agent, the occasionally dodgy special effects and the odd attention paid to style which I think takes away from the action sometimes. (In the symmetry of the shots, it just doesn't work for this particular show).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Hmmm think my time has run out for this show! I dont know if it's Lizzie's poor acting or the storyline or even the crap CGI, but its definitely dropped off my most watched list, I can even watch Hawaii Five O before this and thats saying something!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,293 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I'm hoping Tom turns out to be a stone cold killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Well, that was dark.

Theories about Red being Liz's father look strong again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

The special effects are SO BAD. Sharknado bad. I don't understand how it's possible, they might not have a big budget but there are youtubers doing better than that.
    I wish they hadn't gone the lazy route of him being her father.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Well, that was dark.

Theories about Red being Liz's father look strong again.

i made the comment of that was dramatic, which is was. twists and turns :D

was it me or did tom look all dark in this episode?

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/11/the-blacklist-nbc-preempts-next-weeks.html

seriously? preempts for a clip show? are u freakin kidding me? :mad:

oh wait it's nbc:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

I can't believe people are still watching this show after first 3 episodes, besides James Spader there is nothing redeeming about it, which is a shame as I want to fill my Breaking Bad void, one Homeland a week isn't enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

I think they made a mistake getting a bad guy each week - it is putting it slightly above Bones as opposed to a Homeland type show.

Even a bad guy ever few weeks - and she is asking for help far too often.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I have to say, I really enjoy this. Besides the fact she is an absolute stunner, I really enjoy it. Its more their storyline that intrigues me, I have to admit, rather than the storylines which are a bit meh. Putting a good episode story ontop of their issues would really make this IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Thought it was beginning to fade but ep 8 was good. Answered the big question

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

latest episode was very good if a bit like die hard....
    Looking forward to the next.
    Still plenty in this to keep me watching, spader is just class..

oh my god oh my god oh my god. that had me at the edge of my seat. :D

• Advertisement

It appears now that breaking into my house would be harder that strolling into a Black-ops facility. I'm reckoning Spader's boredom with the CIA whatever is just mirroring his own boredom with the scripts. Bad gimp with a scar who fails to turn up with explosives. This new villain wouldn't know how to apply for a passport never mind have ten on the go at the same time.

I'm still gonna watch part 2 though ;)

Advertisement