Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Not loading latest posts in thread - touch site

• 11-11-2013 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭

Hi, I noticed recently on the touch site if I click to read the latest post it will not appear, the thread will load up but will be missing the last few posts. I've only just noticed it in the amiko alien triple tuner thread so perhaps it has something to do with its size?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

This is happening me as well today. Safari, latest iOS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Hi, I noticed recently on the touch site if I click to read the latest post it will not appear, the thread will load up but will be missing the last few posts. I've only just noticed it in the amiko alien triple tuner thread so perhaps it has something to do with its size?

Thanks for the report, will try take a look into it today.
    This is happening me as well today. Safari, latest iOS.

Cheers for the shout, are you encountering this across multiple threads? Or any in particular?

It seems to be only happening on one thread as far as I can see. This is the link I am trying to go to. It says the last poster is Gummy Panda, but when I click in, it only goes to the top of the page, and when I scroll down the last post I see is from Dirty Bollox. http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057058125/111/#post87486137 (private forum link)

It's happened about 4 or 5 times between yesterday and today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

This has been happening me for a good while now. Happens in multiple threads too. I posted a thread about it here a while back but it must've been missed.

Using iPhone 5 with latest iOS.

It seems to happen when a thread has reached the end of a page. It's happening me again with the same thread, I know the newest post is on a new page, but the thread won't allow me to move forward to that page. It only seems to load properly when there's a second post on a new page.

• Advertisement

Any update on this Ronan?

Any update on this Ronan?

Still looking into it unfortunately, finding it hard to recreate the issues here locally. Once I've any updates I'll you know.

Howdy folks, we've deployed some updates to the API approx 5 minutes ago that should hopefully resolve the issues described above. If anyone's still encountering problems please let us know. Thanks for the reports (and patience while we tracked it down!)

This is still happening for me. It occurs a few times a day, and isn't on any particular thread as far as I can see.

Is it happening to anyone else?

Yeah still happening me as well.

• Advertisement

El Guapo! wrote: »
    This is still happening for me. It occurs a few times a day, and isn't on any particular thread as far as I can see.

Is it happening to anyone else?
    Yeah still happening me as well.

Next time it happens could you drop the threadid in here if possible, thanks

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057038064/692/#post87759723

Happened in this thread a few times today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I'm getting that on this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056473119

Last post I'm seeing is 8/12/13 at 02.50

iPhone 5, Safari, iOS 7.0.3, using touch.boards.ie

Could this be to do with deleted posts? I'm a hmod and the other people who are having the problems are mods. I think I'm right in saying that the touch site counts deleted posts in a thread as actual posts for mods of those forums. The thread that it happens me on has a lot of deleted posts. When I'm posting on the touch site, I see the number of posts in the thread includes the deleted posts, whereas it doesn't on the full site. So if, on 20 posts per page, one post on a page is deleted, on the touch site it moves to the following page after 19 posts. I hope that makes sense but it's what I've been thinking the past few days, since I noticed the pages on that particular thread are out of sync for me between the touch site and full site.

Edit: I see the thread El Guapo posted isn't actually from a forum he moderates...so maybe I'm wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

My example isn't from a forum I moderate either, but it's that thread that I persistently get the same issue.

Could this be to do with deleted posts? I'm a hmod and the other people who are having the problems are mods. I think I'm right in saying that the touch site counts deleted posts in a thread as actual posts for mods of those forums. The thread that it happens me on has a lot of deleted posts. When I'm posting on the touch site, I see the number of posts in the thread includes the deleted posts, whereas it doesn't on the full site. So if, on 20 posts per page, one post on a page is deleted, on the touch site it moves to the following page after 19 posts. I hope that makes sense but it's what I've been thinking the past few days, since I noticed the pages on that particular thread are out of sync for me between the touch site and full site.

Edit: I see the thread El Guapo posted isn't actually from a forum he moderates...so maybe I'm wrong!

The issues are related all right. The first fix centred around a situation where once a thread's post count went past a particular threshold, we'd implement a different selection logic based on the creation time of a post to populate the thread pages. This didn't play nice with deleted posts, but was fixed there end of Nov.

The latest issue seems to be related to a mismatch between the amount of posts you guys are eligible to see in a thread and the amount of posts the pagination thinks you can see. It's most likely related to deleted posts again, for the reasons you've described above. Alvis is in the process of tracing through our pagination logic atm, we'll have a fix now as soon he gets a chance to sink some more time into it.

Thanks again for the reports, once we have updates I'll drop back in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

This is still happening. Eg Can’t view this post on the touch site, only on the full site.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058052883/47/#post117514765

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement