Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

• 10-01-2013 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/01/09/fallout-4-teased-by-three-dog-voice-actor
    Erik Todd Dellums, who voiced Galaxy News Radio DJ Three Dog in the game, tweeted earlier today that it looked like he would be reprising his role in the near future.

Erik Todd Dellums@ETDellums
    To all my #Fallout3 and #ThreeDog fans: There may be more of the Dog coming! Fingers crossed!
    8 Jan 13 ReplyRetweetFavorite
    Almost more excitingly than this though is the fact that Dellums confirmed Bethesda gave him permission to release the tease. Taking to Twitter once more, he explained:

Toast Rabbit@ToastTheRabbit
    8 Jan 13
    @ETDellums you're serious? dude major high 5!
    @ToastTheRabbit How was that for a tease! I was given permission to release that tease, so fingers crossed.
    Hopefully this means that the company itself won't be staying tight-lipped for much longer. Of course, there's no guarantee that this announcement is tied to a future Fallout game; whilst he refused to spill any more details about Three Dog's next appearance, Dellums did retweet a fan who suggested this could also mean a role for him in a Fallout movie.

8 Jan 13
    @ToastTheRabbit How was that for a tease! I was given permission to release that tease, so fingers crossed.
    Toast Rabbit@ToastTheRabbit
    @ETDellums I know you can't say but I can state the obvious.. either 3 Dog in the fallout sequel or 3 dog in Fallout Movie. #letTheRumorsFly
    We heard rumours last August that Fallout 4 would be set in Boston, after Bethesda scouts were reported to be checking out the area from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The last Fallout game developed by Bethesda was released in 2008, with series spin-off Fallout: New Vegas serving as the most recent entry in the series developed by Obsidian Entertainment and released in 2010.

Hopefully its in the works :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So fallout in skyrim engine. Could be a lot worse I guess.

Nah. I am happy to hear this. Maybe I am grumpy old fart who thinks all < fallout 2, but any fallout is better then no fallout. :)

Surely it should be in develoemt already. Who knows, maybe we will get some teaser at E3?

U still have to come around and start new Vegas again. Need to do all dlcs. From what I gathered old world blues is worth duping in to it again. Even last part of the game was such a rubbish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

im less excited about this after playing skyrim

im sure it will look fantastic but I hope there's more to the game than that

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

More Fallout is OK by me. New Vegas was probably my favourite game of this generation of consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

This message gets Vault Boy's seal of approval.

46.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

So fallout in skyrim engine. Could be a lot worse I guess.

Nah. I am happy to hear this. Maybe I am grumpy old fart who thinks all < fallout 2, but any fallout is better then no fallout. :)

Surely it should be in develoemt already. Who knows, maybe we will get some teaser at E3?

U still have to come around and start new Vegas again. Need to do all dlcs. From what I gathered old world blues is worth duping in to it again. Even last part of the game was such a rubbish.

They had something in pre-production as long as two years ago which I presume is very likely to be something from the Fallout series (The "new" game mentioned was the as then unannounced Skyrim)
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-08-16-bethesdas-todd-howard-interview

Eurogamer: So even id has now gone to two teams, but you guys still seem to be doing one thing at a time. Is there any appetite to change that?

Todd Howard: We kind of overlap, so Fallout 3 was overlapped into Oblivion, so we'll be doing design. We have about 90 people on the team, but not everyone is on the main game. Most people are. We spent time on Fallout 3 during Oblivion so when Oblivion was done we had a design, a concept, and some stuff running for Fallout 3 so we could move the bulk of people onto it.

Likewise with the new game, we were working on it during Fallout 3. We had design, we had concepts, we had stuff we knew we wanted to do.

But it is one big team, and the nice thing about that is it's everybody's game. We have one culture. I spend a lot of my time on the game that's in pre-production, but the new game that's percolating takes the most of my time.

Eurogamer: But you're already thinking about the next thing.

Todd Howard: Right, so we're in production on the new game, and we have a design going for the one after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

im less excited about this after playing skyrim

im sure it will look fantastic but I hope there's more to the game than that

Wel I think people know that i Am not the biggest fan of skyrim, but I will give credit where's due: slyrim world and soundtrack was just one of the most amazing things I have ever seen.

This fantasy medieval settings has its limits in story and activity variety. So skyrim had a lot less woow in it as everything was done before that could possible be done..

When you take fallout universe the only limit is your imagination. You are not limited by time line and its technology. Those who played fallout 3 and new Vegas know, there is no sillier or more stupid ideas, then stuff encountered in fallout games. Thing is it works in that silly universe.

As much as I want t bash fallout 3 and new Vegas some quests and story lines where very damn clever. I have a lot more optimism for fallout game, then I ever had for skyrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,993 ✭✭✭✭noodler

More Fallout is OK by me. New Vegas was probably my favourite game of this generation of consoles.

Totally agree.

Dark Souls and Valkyria Chronicles are up there as well.

I hope they can make the next one as interesting as New Vegas was.

I loved Fallout 3 but NV was an improvement in many ways for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,437 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I always preferred Fallout to Elder Scrolls and played the balls off Fallout 3 but after the disaster (glitch wise) that was Skyrim on the PS3, I'm a bit worried about FO 4. I hope Bethesda sort out their PS3 coding skills for this but then again I'd say this will be on next gen and hopefully the PS4 is easier to develop for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Here Bethesda take my money and another 100-150 hours of my life

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I loved Fallout 3 so much I platinumed it on PS3, the a year later picked up the GOTY edition for the Xbox and 100%ed it all over again. New Vegas was fantastic too. It's just such a fun, interesting world to play around in. I'm not too into fantasty so while I really liked Skyrim, I'd take Fallout over Elder Scrolls any day of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I've always preferred the Fallout series.

It had a great ability to mix tongue and cheek with seriousness.

Something I found Skyrim could not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Ooh. Never played Skyrim as I'm not huge on the medieval setting but I love the fallout universe. Yes please!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Cant imagine it being Fallout 4, another game set in fallout 3's universe?
    Excited either way!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I like both in equal amounts of fap.

Wouldnt not play one cos i didnt like dragons/guns or some ****.

Its pretty much the same engine running these games but with different storylines, Skyrims story had its flaws after 156 hours. But the engine running the game is pretty much the same. Same with vegas tho problem with these games is the 156 hours part. No story can be continued after that much playtime :D

I wanted to rid the world of whichever bad guys were left after the end game mission but i couldnt......still tried tho in all Fallout/Elder Scrolls games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Please please please please let this be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Still unconfirmed, but there's a rumour it was revealed to the press only, at E3 last week. From Strategy Informer;
    Bethesda had a press only presentation behind closed doors at E3 last week, and apparently it was Fallout 4. It's alleged to be coming to Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4 and PC in October 2015 - it's 55% done?

It's been in development since January 2011 by a small dev team, according to leaks. Skyrim's development ending beefed up the Fallout 4 effort. A 37 second trailer was shown to attendees.

The 'War... War never changes...' speech was present. It takes place in Somerville, Cambridge, Arlington and the outlying areas, with Boston its primary focus.

Fallout 4 will be announced before E3 2014 but won't be launching next year, reports Bubblews, but instead is planned for release around October 2015. Bethesda have no plans for multiplayer but may include some local co-op options. At the end of trailer a Fallout 4 logo appeared above the 5 platforms.

Start munching your gathered salt pile now.

Smells like BS to me, but there you go.

Still unconfirmed, but there's a rumour it was revealed to the press only, at E3 last week. From Strategy Informer;

Smells like BS to me, but there you go.

Even if it isn't, 26 months away means it's hardly worth even talking about now.
    Hell even if it was October 2014, I wouldn't be too worried about it for another while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

26 months!

Still, on the plus side we'll have Wastelands 2 to tide us over shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,437 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Someone must have figured out that morse code by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

NotorietyH wrote: »
    I loved Fallout 3 so much I platinumed it on PS3, the a year later picked up the GOTY edition for the Xbox and 100%ed it all over again. New Vegas was fantastic too. It's just such a fun, interesting world to play around in. I'm not too into fantasty so while I really liked Skyrim, I'd take Fallout over Elder Scrolls any day of the week.

Same situation for me, I picked up F3 for 15 quid (at the time that was a very good price) and then I got all the DLC free for when it was on PS+ promotion off my friend's PS+ account (back when you could game share up to 5 people). Platinum'd it also. New Vegas was terrible on console tho, so I rather recently got it on PC and modded the balls out of it.

I got some footage of it actually, with some YT annotations commentary. Should probably do voice commentary next time.

I'm currently playing Skyrim again (with mods, yay PC!) and kinda abandoned F:NV but I think I'll get back to it once I'm done with Skyrim. Looking forward to F4!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I think its almost certain now FO4 will be announced given difference murmurings but i just hope they don't go the way of elder scrolls and make it mmo or something :eek:

Co-op ala Borderlands I could live with but not full on mmo, actually co-op could be interesting in fallout world

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

calex71 wrote: »
    I think its almost certain now FO4 will be announced

I frigging hope so !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd be happier with it sticking to single player. We've enough good co-op games, and Fallout / Elder Scrolls should stay as they are (imo obviously).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I'd be very surprised if they wanted to have two MMOs on the go. Think it being a single player is the safe bet.

• I don't mind co-op or multiplayer - as long as they don't take away from the single player.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I'd love if it had co-op maps similar to ME3, but fallout is a single player game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I like my sandbox games Singeplayer damnit, don't want other humans dirtying up my experience thank you. Give me a world to explore and a role I can escape into, not a compromise world of generic fetch quests, where I try to juggle the inevitable frustrations that come with playing against / with other players. The single-player experience, especially one based in a sandbox world, can be as rewarding and exciting as any multiplayer one.

That said, whatever format the game takes I only hope Bethesda finally move away from the GameBryo engine. Skyrim did a good job putting some modern sheen on this creaky mess of code, but no matter how glorious the landscapes looked (and they looked rather marvelous at times), the moment a bug raised its head or the NPCs displayed their classic janky animation routines, the spell was broken. GameBryo was a poor engine even when Oblivion was released so it's long past its sell-by-date now.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,074 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Wait a minute, does the Elder Scrolls MMO mean there'll be no more single player elder scrolls games? :eek: Screw that.

I couldn't get into fall out 3 as much as Skyrim, I think it was down to the setting being less appealing to me more than anything else though. Still a damn fine game though.

Multi-player wouldn't be too bad, it works brilliantly in Borderlands, but I hope they don't tone down the RPG side of Fallout to accommodate the multi-player.

Advertisement