Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Ghosts] Megabitch Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ballyerrob

I agree with everything you say.the maps are too busy.very hard to spot players camping.too many levels on the maps.in some maps when I spawn back in im genuinely lost.so theres no flow to the game.i also bought the hardened edition with the maps. lets hope the dlc is better and the ps4 cuts out the lag comp

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Only gripe is the terrible killstreaks. Try getting that Helicopter where you're a sniper inside it. God awful. And an Odin. Now that's fairly useless. But I think that's why the youtubers hate the game. Cos there are no ways they can go on their 60 - 0 uploads and bring in the viewers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Only gripe is the terrible killstreaks. Try getting that Helicopter where you're a sniper inside it. God awful. And an Odin. Now that's fairly useless. But I think that's why the youtubers hate the game. Cos there are no ways they can go on their 60 - 0 uploads and bring in the viewers.

They are the support streaks.
    Awful for solo play obviously.
    Fantastic for team play. Was playing in a party the other night and was running Odin because I don't do large streaks.

It's great. You can flash enemy players and mar them like the oracle and drop smoke and tell someone if someone is camping aroun the corner.

I like the Odin for playing in a full party, but it is awful for solo play. But so are most of the support streaks

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

lkionm wrote: »
    They are the support streaks.
    Awful for solo play obviously.
    Fantastic for team play. Was playing in a party the other night and was running Odin because I don't do large streaks.

It's great. You can flash enemy players and mar them like the oracle and drop smoke and tell someone if someone is camping aroun the corner.

I like the Odin for playing in a full party, but it is awful for solo play. But so are most of the support streaks

I was playing tdm like always but it ended up the other team were stealing the packages I was dropping. I'm always on crap teams it seems. Headless chickens.
    And I didn't really understand the flashing going on, nor the smoke. Didn't have much effect when playing solo on a team.

I was playing tdm like always but it ended up the other team were stealing the packages I was dropping. I'm always on crap teams it seems. Headless chickens.
    And I didn't really understand the flashing going on, nor the smoke. Didn't have much effect when playing solo on a team.

randoms are awful. Always assume the worst. It's more an objective streak, you can mark the enemies on the way to a flag or can put down smoke for someone to run to the flag in blitz. It's a good streak if you use it right

I wouldn't run it if I wasn't playing in a team though. So I feel the rage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Anyone else having issues downloading the latest patch? Gets to about 40% and then says 'an unknown error occurred'. PS3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,280 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So i done something i've never done before. I've traded it in and got BF4. Look what you made me do IW!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

So i done something i've never done before. I've traded it in and got BF4. Look what you made me do IW!!!

Let us know how that works out for you as I could go that route also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Stonehaven, TDM. So much fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Makaveli wrote: »
    Stonehaven, TDM. So much fun.

futuramafry.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

had 4 games earlier on ps3.

Wasnt all that bothered by running around for nearly 2 minutes before getting shot in the back.

The lag bothered me.When I did bump into someone they either had bendy bullets that can follow you around corners or in the kill cam although Id emptied half a clip into them,i hadnt hit them once.That was in 4 different lobbies.You'd think theyd of learnt to fix the network code after sh1tOps2.

My ps3 is dead so only have my gaming pc and theres not a hope of me buying it for that.6 gig of ram for online.lol infinty ward/activision can go fuk themselves:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Enjoyed it at the start
    but now its settling in, its far to forgiving for people who are too bad at the game, every game mode is like hardcore 2 bullets dead.... bendy bullets as well
    although the feel of the game and the running with the graphics look quite nice
    also I hate all this point system crap....

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭shoxter

The lag on this game is bordering on ridiculous, might as well be firing marshmallows from the guns. And bloody thermal scopes, worse than heartbeat monitors

Anyone else getting put into hacked lobbies? Happening me quite a bit..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Played it for 4 hours.

Oh dear. It's just not fun? Levelling up takes an age and I absolutely hate the levelling system in place. Instead of getting extra XP for any challenge that takes your fancy, you're stuck with 5, 4 of which seem to be crap for me. I have to play exactly how they want me or play or I get no bonus.

I have no interest in levelling up guns either.

I'm not even getting into the lag. That's it for COD for me I think. I got it today from gamestop knowing that if I liked it I can upgrade to the XBO version for 15.

It's over to BF4 for me unless something drastic happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Played it for 4 hours.

Oh dear. It's just not fun? Levelling up takes an age and I absolutely hate the levelling system in place. Instead of getting extra XP for any challenge that takes your fancy, you're stuck with 5, 4 of which seem to be crap for me. I have to play exactly how they want me or play or I get no bonus.

I have no interest in levelling up guns either.

I'm not even getting into the lag. That's it for COD for me I think. I got it today from gamestop knowing that if I liked it I can upgrade to the XBO version for 15.

I wouldn't hold my breath, Infinity Ward only listen to the community very grudgingly it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭SimmerDean

just turned off my xbox after teammate took my kem strike care package playing blitz. ffs leave me on my own to defend our point. talk about players not interested in playing the objective

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I once spawned in a middle of a gunfight and died instantly. It happened like this here:

call_of_duty.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

SimmerDean wrote: »
    just turned off my xbox after teammate took my kem strike care package playing blitz. ffs leave me on my own to defend our point. talk about players not interested in playing the objective

Have you never played COD online before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I totally agree with you

Since MW2 I have been looking for a CoD that would make me fall for it in the same way MW2 did (mostly a combination of game types, players). BO never fit my gamestyle (I like rushing), MW3 was okish until the sitrep pro update but it wasnt really much more different than MW2, BO2 was unplayable for me (lag compensation I only played for 1 week).

Seeing how things have been getting worse and worse and after reading all the reviews and comments here and there, last week, I made the decision to go back to BF3 (never played MP before). I still have to get used to it, CoD is more of an arcade war game and BF is more of a simulator, so the transition is wont be easy. I wont say whether I like it better or not, that's not the point. They reason why I did this is because, as many, I have been looking for an alternative to CoD (seeing that Activision dont seem to understand or dont want to listen to their customers), lets face it, most of us have been looking for an alternative for years, but so far, nothing but promises. BF is probably the only thing that comes close (shame there is no Search and Destroy in BF), however, until now, if I had to chose between CoD and BF I would go for CoD hands down, but not anymore. Thanks to Activision I have no choice but to look elsewhere, it is a shame but that's the way it is.

The reason why I have started to play BF3 because I am 99% sure Ghost will be a disappointmemnt, but I can tell you want thing, if this is the case this will be the last time I am buying it, this has been the first time since MW that I havent bought the game on the release night, the game has been out for weeks and I still dont have the urge to buy it!

I am hoping TitanFall will be a CoD killer, I am not a CoD hater I just think they need a bit of a slap and to wake up. Personally I think CoD is dead and has been dead for a while now, I suppose I was just holding on to the remnants of what once was a great innovation but that is probably what is killing it for me, innovation and that the game doesnt match my gamestyle. And of course the horrible lag compensation system...

I wont post any more until I get the game on friday and play it for a while. I am also getting BF4, let's see who will win my heart!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

Duff wrote: »
    Anyone else getting put into hacked lobbies? Happening me quite a bit..

Playing dom saturday morning and I notice the score was something along the lines of 300+ to 90+ and I could of sworn the game is first to 200 so pulled up the lobby scores and the top player on both teams had a 9999 score and everyone else was normal scores....some hack sh*t going on there for sure...i just backed out straight away...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

:mad:

just after getting off playing two games of Hardcore TDM and got hammered 7 to 75 and 13 to 75 against a clan. it seemed every where I turned I got shot. I am slowing beginning not to like this game especially when you get spawn trapped for two games in a row. I even tried to hide it out in some corner trying not to get killed but they had loki's and battle hinds, drones etc and they just blasted me from the air.

I don't think I ever got a hammering that bad in blops2.

the Spawns as mentioned here before is the worst thing, I don't know how many times I spawn, turn around and bang your dead.

arhhhh....:mad::mad::mad:

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

Just played against a fella who had over 15 perks. Recorded it on my phone but not sure how to upload it from an S4.

Cheating motherfucckers.

winston82 wrote: »
    Just played against a fella who had over 15 perks. Recorded it on my phone but not sure how to upload it from an S4.

Cheating motherfucckers.

Came up against a few of them over the past few days too. Silly cúnts.

Is anyone coming up against angry little Irish children? For the most bit its gas to see them raging, but jesus talking about giving the country a bad name. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Coming up against too much of this ****.
    6dMLseVl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭risteardb

Jet Black wrote: »
    6dMLseVl.jpg

I hope you reported him!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

The shoot first and die problem is so prevalent in this game. On my screen it shows one bullet, on killcam shows him emptying a clip, is the game teleporting me back in time?!

Think that's just down to lag again. When I see that stuff happening I leave the lobby. No point.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 agentcrow

The lag has got worse since its release even playing squads is very bad, in fact its all i play now with mates is squads but im finding i'am getting bored with Cod it self,a previous poster said they need a slap in the face and wake up move on im in the same boat and agree..
    same crap recycled yr in yr out,COD is dead..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,015 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Jet Black wrote: »
    6dMLseVl.jpg

Yeah get them in lobbies nearly every night report them in came and send them a message telling them they are reported and enjoy their ban one guy came back and told me to change my IP as in he was going to hack my account or something empty threat :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

Every second game i find a hacker

And i hear everyone go on about of how great the connection is and its pure bull **** the amount of times i have shot someone with a sniper and in the kill cam its as if i didnt shoot

Shabaz50 wrote: »
    Every second game i find a hacker

I'm done with it because of it. Another good game ruined for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Played it for 4 hours.

Just in case you didnt realise this yet but you actually have 50 operations active at any one time. If you select operations - and then select one of the active ops it opens up another screen with 10 more behind it for the category. Still hate it though.

Lag is driving me crazy.
    I generally play solo and keep getting dumped into the loosing team with no chance of winning or even doing well as the other team has killstreaks all over the place.

Just because I like punishment I decided to try and get the clueless patch (akimbo magnums with acog) and it has reduced me to a whole new level of anger although when I went back playing with the SC2010 it felt like a new game :)

winston82 wrote: »
    I'm done with it because of it. Another good game ruined for me.

Its still a good game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Its still a good game

It's worse than MW3 and that says something.

Worst COD ever without a shadow of a doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

It's worse than MW3 and that says something.

Worst COD ever without a shadow of a doubt.

I loved MW3!!!

It may be the worst cod ever but it is still a GOOD freaking game i will continue playing it for months and i much prefer ghosts to mw3

• Advertisement

But mw3 had better guns(snipers+shotguns)

Its still a good game

Unfortunately it's not only the glitchers that make it so bad. It's too slow paced and just doesn't feel good to play. It's just not fun. All in my opinion of course.

Edit: I'll sell copy (ps3) to anyone for €25 if they want it. Dublin area, city centre. PM me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I have to agree with most people here, the game is far from good. Is not even decent.

I got mine with my xbox one, I didnt play it straight away, I waited until the next day to play it. Played for a while and after a few hours I decided I had enough. It is the same crap over and over. The lag is unbelievable, the streaks are overpowered, I mean, I got killed by a dog from 10 meters away? Then I joined a hacked lobby, so that did it, now all CoD had been officially hacked. I had enough at that point.

So I decided to turn it off for a while and play BF4, the next day I wanted to play some S&D again, I was playing BF and as I was about to swap to CoD I saw BF had a game mode called Defuse, and it turns out to be the same as S&D but without all the stuff I dont like of CoD, no streaks, no owerpowered weapons, no sitrep, no recon, no kids camping at the spawn doing 360s, just a bunch of people playing the objective, the way I always wanted!

Havent gone back to Ghost since, I dont even miss it a bit. And this is my first BF so is not like I was a BF fanboy, but I am now!

This will be my last CoD, I wont be buying it again unless they make radical changes. MW3 was not the best CoD but it was enjoyable, at least for me, I like rushing and at least until they did the Sit Rep pro "update".

IMO it fells like Activision are not listening to the "original" CoD fans, they are focusing on introducing more gadgets, perks etc and forgetting what the game is all about, just pure shooting the crap out of everyone.

The fact that, they initially removed game modes such as demolition (i think) and S&D says a lot about them. They are only hearing what they want to hear.

IMO they are making this games less exciting, promoting defensive play, you dont have to be the greatest player to do well in CoD anymore. Then there is the lag compensation thing which makes the game unplayable. Not to mention all the hacking going on, MW3 got hacked (invisibility thingie) they didnt even bother to fix that...

So I am happy to say I have finally found a replacement to CoD, BF and I am pleased, very please to see it now has my favorite game mode as well, S&D. I am a happy guy now. And best of all, TitanFall is coming out soon.

I never thought I would be saying this but no more CoD for me and I know a few hours is not enough for someone to get acquainted with a game, for example, it took me a day or two to get used to BF but somehow, it was a different feeling though, while I was playing BF and learning the game I felt frustrated because I was getting killed because of my own mistakes not because of lag, someone noobtubing me, an elastic attack dog, etc... now that I am better at BF and I am enjoying it much more. I am glad this happened though, as I have been stuck on CoD for the last 4 years, barely played anything else...

But mw3 had better guns(snipers+shotguns)
    I don't understand why the producers can't see this. The MP7 was a great sub, because it could shoot straight. The ACR was a great AR, because it could shoot straight. People could rely on whichever gun they pick without having to worry about it bouncing around the place. Not hard to grasp.

And yeah, I loved using the slug shotgun in that game, forget the name of it.

Should i buy bf4 on pc or 360

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

I don't understand why the producers can't see this. The MP7 was a great sub, because it could shoot straight. The ACR was a great AR, because it could shoot straight. People could rely on whichever gun they pick without having to worry about it bouncing around the place. Not hard to grasp.

And yeah, I loved using the slug shotgun in that game, forget the name of it.

Wait wut?

You're complaining about recoil?

Recoil is what sets the best players above the rest. If there was no recoil gun-skill wouldn't matter. That is evidently seen in Ghosts where you die in 2 bullets.

Black Ops 1 was amazing because the guns bounced everywhere. The person who had better gunskill won the majority of gunfights with the exception of connection advantages (present in every COD i may add).

Ghosts caters to the bottom of the barrel player in my eyes and i'm done with Infinity Ward. Absolutely clueless.

• Advertisement

I'm not totally pro it but I think there should be a gun in every class where people can rely on a gun to do its job. If I'm in a close quarter battle, I don't want to be mowed down by an AR. Case in point - Ghosts. All the AR's in the game are very accurate while the SMG's, like BO2 don't shoot straight. Why would anyone pick one of these guns when it's such a disadvantage to use a certain gun type over the other.

That's what I liked about MW3. The SMG's were excellent along with AR's. It was balanced. COD lately have gone so pro-long distance weapons that people are less inclined to rush, which is annoying. And I loved the guns in BO1. The AK74u was a great SMG.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭shoxter

Ok so because for the last 2 days the lag in the game has been atrocious I decided to test if it was my wifi causing problems. I invested or rather wasted 30 euros on a powerline adaptor to wire the ps3 via ethernet. Still no difference.

All i ever play is hardcore as standard modes seem to require 10 hits to kill, but in the last few days its gotten to a joke. 3 hitmarkers with a sniper rifle and still not dead and the absolute pi$$take of all, one enemy was behind a wall, only head exposed, hitmarker with the sniper, no kill. So seeing as cod is the only game I play on the ps3, im actually selling the whole thing console, games, the lot. This game is so bad its turned me off videogames altogether.

Seeing a lot of perk hackers lately.

Seeing a lot of perk hackers lately.

Saw one the other night. Could it just not be a glitch or something??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Played it there for about 1:30 mins. Everything seems grand except the (don't know what they're called - c4/claymore thingys) absolutely EVERYWHERE. So glad I didn't buy it. Same old cod ****. Full of assholes sitting in corners hoping someone walks into they're explosives.

• Advertisement
Advertisement