Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Government to set min price on gargle

12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 996 ✭✭✭HansHolzel

Eutow wrote: »
    I think the poster you were replying to was referring to the hypocritical nature of politicians going on about public health concerns but still having a subsidised bar in the Dail.

Anyway, whenever you stop searching for poems to cut and paste, could you get back to us and show some evidence of below cost selling of alcohol.

re "below cost selling" you're mixing me up with some other poster

but why am I not surprised?

rubadub wrote: »
    perhaps you didn't understand and that's why you would make such a ridiculous comment.

You're a moderator?? Follow your own rules pal and don't be offensive as well as thick

rubadub wrote: »

I would like to see alcohol made illegal

Thick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

HansHolzel wrote: »
    You're a moderator?? Follow your own rules pal and don't be offensive as well as thick

Have you any poems about personal abuse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

HansHolzel is taking some time off right now

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Whisko

Giving you the finger has meaning. It isn't a word ;-) dumbass.

Giving the finger isn't a noise I make with my mouth.

A word doesn't have to be in the dictionary, a word is a word if it conveys meaning.
    Loads of words aren't in the dictionary yet. Slang words are words. Just because they aren't in the dictionary doesn't mean they're not words.

Find me the dictionary definition of a word that says it must be in the dictionary then.

By your definition there where no words until we wrote the first dictionary, which is obvious nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

MadYaker wrote: »
    It is by Irish standards. You never see cans for less than a euro anymore.
    Except in Dunnes and Lidl and Aldi.

goose2005 wrote: »
    Except in Dunnes and Lidl and Aldi.

There are very few in any of those stores for under a euro and the ones that are, aren't generally popular. I know that when I worked in Dunnes you'd be lucky to sell more than ten cams of the cheap, cheap stuff a day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

MadYaker wrote: »
    I don't think its unfair to target the binge drinkers, I'm probably a binge drinker myself, only I don't drink cheap piss! most of the time...

But it doesn't target the binge drinkers, it targets people who drink cheap stuff on the assumption that they're all alcos rather than just poor/frugal. Targeting binge drinkers would be things like:
    - arresting for drunk and disorderly so that streets are safer
    - supplying more places on alcohol rehab courses - quitting booze is very hard and the public provision is very weak, it's only a few charities and voluntary groups that hold it together

But the problem is that those ideas would be expensive and difficult to implement and take a long time. Much better to make a vague gesture that doesn't solve anything but makes you look Tough on Boozers while at the same time Saving Rural Ireland (tm).

Whisko wrote: »
    Giving the finger isn't a noise I make with my mouth.

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Whisko

:eek:

You know, like a word is?

Glad your back to troll on bro.

Advertisement