Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭betonit

spot on thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

sheroman01 wrote: »
    The whistling intro/folk/sun theme is making me think of Kodaline - Love Like This?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkAOasSJro0
    Nope not this!

Actually forget folk, it's most definitely dance! Still haven't found it :( Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭TomasMan

Can anyone name this tune that is playing in the background?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8mlis3r07g

There is a constant voice over so music recognition app can't get it.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Plambey

K4t wrote: »
    Nope not this!

Actually forget folk, it's most definitely dance! Still haven't found it :( Anyone?

Is it Aviccis "Wake Me Up" or "Hey Brother"? Both dancey and folky

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Reon

i dont know any lyrics but the music video is where guy and girl is in a hotel or something and the girl wakes up and leaves him a note and she goes off then he reads it and runs after her eventually he catches up to her and she shoots him cause she warned him not to chase after her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Reon

found it it was fade into darkness

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

This is a bit of long shot here. Think the song might be out a while as I remember hearing it a while back but have caught it on the radio twice in the last two days.
    Female singer, fairly quiet instrumentals, just the vocals that build into a fairly uplifting chorus.
    Only lyrics I can remember are form the chorus which are 'I can be your...' or 'Let me be your...' or both. If I could get the extra word I'd be sorted for a google search.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

Found it.
    Its Royals by LORDE.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

TomasMan wrote: »
    Can anyone name this tune that is playing in the background?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8mlis3r07g

There is a constant voice over so music recognition app can't get it.

Thanks

This has come up a good few times before I think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Today FM played a song by The Hoosiers this morning at about half 8 but I didn't catch the name of it and its proving difficult to find. It doesn't sound like your typical poppy hoosier song and its mostly based on loud piano. Makes a lot of reference to the word "church" or religion in general if I remember correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

FatRat wrote: »
    Today FM played a song by The Hoosiers this morning at about half 8 but I didn't catch the name of it and its proving difficult to find. It doesn't sound like your typical poppy hoosier song and its mostly based on loud piano. Makes a lot of reference to the word "church" or religion in general if I remember correctly.

Haha the song was "Hoziers - Take me to church"

I kinda knew it wasn't The Hoosiers since it sounded nothing like them. Thought they had completely changed genre when I heard it this morning. Obviously just misheard the name of the band!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ronny23

same song lyrics but not that one. what song is on the video promo for playboy model/teacher Cristy Nicole Deweese. here is you tube, i tried to shazam it but cant get it. thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxZGApvXXM8

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭loligo1

Can someone help me with this? Listen to about the first 30 seconds of the tune below. I'm convinced it's a sample of some dance song (probably late 90's early 00's) but I can't find any reference to a sample when I google. The beats are familiar but especially the "ah-ah-ah" background singing at around 0:25

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

^ You might know it from the insurance ad on the telly? Can't think of which company it's for but all the people are standing in a row handing things to each other....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

loligo1 wrote: »
    Can someone help me with this? Listen to about the first 30 seconds of the tune below. I'm convinced it's a sample of some dance song (probably late 90's early 00's) but I can't find any reference to a sample when I google. The beats are familiar but especially the "ah-ah-ah" background singing at around 0:25

I checked this on whosampled.com which is a database for sampled songs and it seems there is no sample in this song.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭ronanmac

JSK 252 wrote: »
    Does anybidy know that song from the uefa sa ghaeltacht documentary which was on about 2 weeks ago on tg4 about the match galway united played in cheathru rua? Theres a kinda scaringly funky beat to it sung in Gaeilge?

An Dreoilín by the Máimín Cajun Band.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Menelaun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAhR2v_BmIY
    Can anyone please tell me what the song is between 0:30 and 1:00 its really really annoying me and shazam is turning anything up

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

Menelaun wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAhR2v_BmIY
    Can anyone please tell me what the song is between 0:30 and 1:00 its really really annoying me and shazam is turning anything up

Every 1's a winner by Hot Chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

Anyone ID this music?
    It's on the BBC Rugby League advert:

And it's used to advertise Yukon Gold on Nat Geo.
    I just heard it used to advertise Arrow on Sky1!

Seems to be very popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Does anyone know what the music is on the Ariel ad at the moment, sort of dance music.

EDIT: After a bit of looking on my own part I found it!

• Advertisement

^ Is it not "Outro" that's on the Ariel ad? Or maybe that's for Persil? M83 are on A LOT of adverts at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

^ Is it not "Outro" that's on the Ariel ad? Or maybe that's for Persil? M83 are on A LOT of adverts at the moment.

I think that's Persil,the ad I'm talking about is this, only it's in english with different music:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Need your help guys

Its a Northern Irish band I think, these are the words I know

"now im letting go cause i cant pretend this isnt on fire it isnt on fire"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Mesut Ozil

Anyone know the name of this song at this point of this Geordie Shore episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Ok the details I have are sketchy. It's a mid-eighties song and I think it is by a Spanish band. The song was a huge hit here and it had a video (not all songs did back then!). The singer was female, good voice and range, kind of like Annie Lennox. The lyrics go something like ''Vaya, vaya'' (sorry that's all I remember!) and I know that if she was speaking in Spanish, the spelling would be something like 'falla falla' or something, but that aside, does anyone know what I'm talking about? It's wrecking my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

shot in the dark here....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

MargeS wrote: »
    shot in the dark here....

That's IT!!!!! You're amazing : )

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭keano89

Anyone know the name of the recent dance song last 7-8 months, it sounds a bit like the Kid Cudi vs Crookers song "Day'N'Nite". Its got that sort of sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

What's the song the sing together at 9:00 in this video? Has been on the tip of my tongue for hours :(

• Advertisement

^It's "Alone" by Heart... I think.

Advertisement