Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airsoft tv

• 01-10-2013 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭

Probably a silly question but i'll ask it anyway.Found this link on facebook and apparently its going to be on sky tv in the future just wonder if anyone else heard anything about it or is it just a load of crap.It does state it under the clip but no channel is giving.[URL="ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw5uayF8q0k&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw5uayF8q0k&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/URL]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

brenak47 wrote: »
    Probably a silly question but i'll ask it anyway.Found this link on facebook and apparently its going to be on sky tv in the future just wonder if anyone else heard anything about it or is it just a load of crap.It does state it under the clip but no channel is giving.[URL="ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw5uayF8q0k&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw5uayF8q0k&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/URL]

Link doesn't seem to be working.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭madmaxi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Sorry dude and thanks madmaxi .Have found the same question on a english airsoft forum too so hopefully there is a bit if truth behind it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

It is totally true. Those guys have been filming a couple of promos for Sky. They were at the AI500 last weekend. They filmed and phtographed the weekends game, interviewed the guys at Pro-Airsoft Supplies that had a shop onsite and interviewed the AI guys and Enola Gay (Pyro suppliers) as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭darren ff

It's due out in November sometime, I'll post dates when I get them from Facebook

Sound thanks carl/darren. Here me thinking i was going to laughed at for asking a silly question.Grand something to look at over the winter nights.

Airsoft TV will broadcast its pilot on Sunday the 3rd of November at 19:30 on 192- showcase2 (sky) and 402 ( freesat).

The second episode will feature the recent event from AI500 in rype village, camp Lydd which had an Irish contingent present.

Don't forget this tomorrow night lads

Have it set to record.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

Now, to see if this is a HIT or MISS.
    Hope it is enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

missed it..................... anywhere online to veiw it?

Airsofttv.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

Bit of a miss. Too much like a call of duty video with all the graphics. They missed an opportunity to do a review of the vector. Hopefully a bit better next time

Well, what did ye think?
    Great to see so many suppliers advertising during the break.
    Show was not too bad, would love to try that outdoor site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭matty1994

se conman wrote: »
    Now, to see if this is a HIT or MISS.
    Hope it is enjoyable.

Not going to spoil but imo it aint that great for us irish airsofters with everything being in the uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

raging i missed this weeks one is it same time next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭matty1994

bushball wrote: »
    raging i missed this weeks one is it same time next week?

Yeah, and im sure they will repeat the first episode during the werk?

They said the next one will be in a fortnight

I have to say, it was better than I expected. It is very hard to 15 seconds of good video during an airsoft game so imagine how hard it is to fill 20 minutes and keep the viewer interested. They shower 2 sites, they showed a great interest in the sport and they had a bit of craic. It will get better when they get feedback and more sites/retailers come on-board with them.(or it will die)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Evade

I'm watching it now, it's ok. One thing I noticed, why is the bullet on the Pro Airsoft Suppplies ad so short?

Evade wrote: »
    I'm watching it now, it's ok. One thing I noticed, why is the bullet on the Pro Airsoft Suppplies ad so short?

Well they had to leave something there for you to pick up on.:P

Wasn't that impressed with it to be honest.I expected a bit to be on new gear/guns as i will never play those sites in england. I think if they focus all of the program on english sites then ourselves and whatever other country its aired in will loose interest fast.If this happens it will be a pity as it might help alot more people to get into airsoft and that is why i think they should showcase new guns and gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭FizzyCola

Decent programme. The next episode seems to be going along the same lines of plugging an airsoft site that 99% of the viewers will never get to.

The intro was far too long. Hopefully thats an episode one thing, I can see it getting more annoying with each episode. Someone clearly just learned how to add special affects.

They only showed a tiny amount of the 2 massive and apparently very unique sites. The video of the first site wasnt too bad. It let you get an overall feel of the place and it made me want to go there if I ever get the chance.

The 2nd one basically showed 2 rooms and a corridor after they gave a decent little intro and raved about the attic space of which we saw none.

A decent effort and hopefully it will improve with time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭sharpy2010

I haven't had a chance to watch this yet.
    @ Thermo its on again sat nite at 11pm I think
    After some of your reviews and not having watched it yet I'm still gonna be open minded on this show but just remember they have UKARA to worry about who probably helped fund the show and it's probably based on getting people in to the sport so they have to show them the basics first with the skirmishing act before people collect guns
    Now as I said I haven't watched it yet but once I do I'll leave you know if I'm your side of the fence lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

nothing you cannot find better on youtube (which tbh to me the content is more suitable to that medium)

Wasn't over the moon with it either to be honest , a bit sluggish in parts and basically an advertisement for that guy who owned those two sites.

Wasn't too keen on that cypher ( the Stig) guy didn't seem to do much other than get shot a lot ( maybe he was showing the sportsmanship of the sport ).
    Any ways we'll hold our breath till episode 2

Bit better tonight. The review of the site was a lot better in that it actually covered a decent part of the space available and showed more players in action.

The "cypher" thing doesn't work though. Filming from a player perspective is fine but too often he was looking down rather than giving a decent view of the field. There was some weird effects there as well at the start when they did some weird light filtering. At least we got to see more action than waiting in a corridor for ages!!

The 416 review wasn't bad but would have preferred to see more technical details about the gun and less about the attachments. M93R looked savage on full auto though!

ShRT wrote: »
    Bit better tonight. The review of the site was a lot better in that it actually covered a decent part of the space available and showed more players in action.

The "cypher" thing doesn't work though. Filming from a player perspective is fine but too often he was looking down rather than giving a decent view of the field. There was some weird effects there as well at the start when they did some weird light filtering. At least we got to see more action than waiting in a corridor for ages!!

The 416 review wasn't bad but would have preferred to see more technical details about the gun and less about the attachments. M93R looked savage on full auto though!

Ya I do agree with most of it.
    Cypher thing! A gimmick been done before- spoiler ( we all know it's him-:-) )

The review was better but no down range/accuracy shots, as for a review he had exchanged like 30% of the external looks of the gunbut better than the Kriss review
    The m93r review could have been better ifhe studied more instead of look how fast I can shoot it
    The site look good and big
    Overall I found myself wandering less during the show so here is to hoping he gets better with confidence

• Advertisement

I missed it thought i had it set to record but now don't see it listed for repeat or anymore episodes either ?.

Its to be repeated on wed night at 11pm.

Thanks man fair play

Nay bother. They have a youtube channel which seems to be the source for a lot of the material on the show. They have a video up there of Fireball Squadron which was the site they covered in the show and its goes into more depth than they did on the show.

It's on every 2 weeks so it's very hard to set series link but I'll try to post here as a reminder if I remember ha ha

sharpy2010 wrote: »
    It's on every 2 weeks so it's very hard to set series link but I'll try to post here as a reminder if I remember ha ha

Just a reminder this on again Sunday night @ 21:30 on showcase 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Just a reminder this on again Sunday night @ 21:30 on showcase 2

Ammm you sure? my sky planner says "Creature from the haunted sea" is on??.

Ye the next isn't till the 1st dec i thought as its on every 2 weeks and the first night it aired was the 3rd of nov.Could be wrong but it won't show it up on the planner till a few days before hand.

Honestly lads, Im not 100% sure, I did set it to record but when I get home from work ill double check as i could probably be wrong.
    ( I did post from an iphone so im gonna blame autocorrect if I am wrong!! :):D)

Honestly lads, Im not 100% sure, I did set it to record but when I get home from work ill double check as i could probably be wrong.

Right well yet again I'm wrong! Lol! I am pretty positive I set it to record this morning so maybe something happened and they postponed it? As it has been on every 2weeks as promised (3/11,17/11) so it's due for 1st dec.
    Ahh well either way its not on now so my bad guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

Right well yet again I'm wrong! Lol! I am pretty positive I set it to record this morning so maybe something happened and they postponed it? As it has been on every 2weeks as promised (3/11,17/11) so it's due for 1st dec.
    Ahh well either way its not on now so my bad guys

Your okay mate, it's Apple's fault, those evil iPhone's have infiltrated Airsoft and are causing issues like this all over :rolleyes:

For shame Apple, for shame!

• Advertisement

S.E.A.L.s wrote: »
    Your okay mate, it's Apple's fault, those evil iPhone's have infiltrated Airsoft and are causing issues like this all over :rolleyes:

For shame Apple, for shame!

Thank god, someone who understands. I thought it was just me going crazy but it turns out it's another evil plot from the grave by steve jobs

So I have just set this to record for 8pm Sunday night on showcase 2. Here's hoping it's on this week, actually want to see if it's improved

So what are the thoughts on the latest episode?.

I honestly thought it was going to be naff (and on for an hour, stupid sky planner :mad:), but much to my surprise it was alright have to say. Not going to win any awards or anything but it was not overly bad. Essentially a live version of A-I mag.

There was decent footage of the AI500 which looked crazy :eek:.

All in all I will watch it again.

Ye it wasn't to bad but i think the gear side of it especially the gun could of been explained better.I think they should of had a 2 tone gun to show what u start with. As its mainly based for england and then explained how u get to upgrade to the all black.Myself i thought that was a bit messy.It makes it look like its either live or someone just isn't checking it all over right as it should be a bit more clearer and understanding to new comers.This is just my opinion i know it a new show but there mag is 100% they need to get the show to it aswell.

It is defo aimed more so at the English airsoft scene, but was good to see "The Hive" getting some publicity. It is never going to be a high end production at the end of the day, though they could work on the lighting a bit.

I'd say you would want a good portion of a episode to fully explain the UK laws etc, Which then detracts from reviews and all that. They could have given a link for further info and all that.

It could also be the fact that the vast majority of viewers are active airsofters being collectors, skirmishers, plinkers so have a good understanding (well not all :)) of the sport and laws so not really feeling the need to go in depth with laws and legislation. I thought the adverts would never finish though.

I was surprised to see the Hive featured as the first user submitted video. I would have thought with the prospective UK audience that it would have been a UK video. That being said, an Irish guy won the mag subscription in the competition (according to the website) so we are pulling above our weight!! Maybe its all of us from here that are doing the watching???

Big improvement on the content although as mentioned previously, they prob could have explained the two tone thing a little better. Plus what was with the guy who appeared behind them at the end of the gear review. He looked a bit out of place just standing behind and nodding the head.

I'll tune in the next time to how it keeps going.

For those who missed it, the weekends episode is available to watch on their site:

http://www.airsofttv.net/#!watch/cm1e

Strangely enough its called Episode 1, so perhaps they were using the old footage they had for the first two episodes and kept an eye out for comments to get some feedback?

The last episode was on 26th Jan - but through the magic of the internets you can watch via the link below:

http://www.airsofttv.net/#!watch/cm1e

On tonight on showcase 2 @ 11

I think there was an error on Sunday with broadcasting the episode. On their facebook page they have listed for thurs and sat at 8pm and Sunday at 9pm.

Not viewable from their website directly yet

• Advertisement
Advertisement