Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft tv

• 01-10-2013 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭

Probably a silly question but i'll ask it anyway.Found this link on facebook and apparently its going to be on sky tv in the future just wonder if anyone else heard anything about it or is it just a load of crap.It does state it under the clip but no channel is giving.[URL="ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw5uayF8q0k&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw5uayF8q0k&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/URL]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

brenak47 wrote: »
    Probably a silly question but i'll ask it anyway.Found this link on facebook and apparently its going to be on sky tv in the future just wonder if anyone else heard anything about it or is it just a load of crap.It does state it under the clip but no channel is giving.[URL="ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw5uayF8q0k&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw5uayF8q0k&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/URL]

Link doesn't seem to be working.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭madmaxi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Sorry dude and thanks madmaxi .Have found the same question on a english airsoft forum too so hopefully there is a bit if truth behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

It is totally true. Those guys have been filming a couple of promos for Sky. They were at the AI500 last weekend. They filmed and phtographed the weekends game, interviewed the guys at Pro-Airsoft Supplies that had a shop onsite and interviewed the AI guys and Enola Gay (Pyro suppliers) as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭darren ff

It's due out in November sometime, I'll post dates when I get them from Facebook

Sound thanks carl/darren. Here me thinking i was going to laughed at for asking a silly question.Grand something to look at over the winter nights.

Airsoft TV will broadcast its pilot on Sunday the 3rd of November at 19:30 on 192- showcase2 (sky) and 402 ( freesat).

The second episode will feature the recent event from AI500 in rype village, camp Lydd which had an Irish contingent present.

Don't forget this tomorrow night lads

Have it set to record.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

Now, to see if this is a HIT or MISS.
    Hope it is enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

missed it..................... anywhere online to veiw it?

Airsofttv.net

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

Bit of a miss. Too much like a call of duty video with all the graphics. They missed an opportunity to do a review of the vector. Hopefully a bit better next time

Well, what did ye think?
    Great to see so many suppliers advertising during the break.
    Show was not too bad, would love to try that outdoor site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭matty1994

se conman wrote: »
    Now, to see if this is a HIT or MISS.
    Hope it is enjoyable.

Not going to spoil but imo it aint that great for us irish airsofters with everything being in the uk

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

raging i missed this weeks one is it same time next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭matty1994

bushball wrote: »
    raging i missed this weeks one is it same time next week?

Yeah, and im sure they will repeat the first episode during the werk?

They said the next one will be in a fortnight

I have to say, it was better than I expected. It is very hard to 15 seconds of good video during an airsoft game so imagine how hard it is to fill 20 minutes and keep the viewer interested. They shower 2 sites, they showed a great interest in the sport and they had a bit of craic. It will get better when they get feedback and more sites/retailers come on-board with them.(or it will die)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Evade

I'm watching it now, it's ok. One thing I noticed, why is the bullet on the Pro Airsoft Suppplies ad so short?

Evade wrote: »
    I'm watching it now, it's ok. One thing I noticed, why is the bullet on the Pro Airsoft Suppplies ad so short?

Well they had to leave something there for you to pick up on.:P

Wasn't that impressed with it to be honest.I expected a bit to be on new gear/guns as i will never play those sites in england. I think if they focus all of the program on english sites then ourselves and whatever other country its aired in will loose interest fast.If this happens it will be a pity as it might help alot more people to get into airsoft and that is why i think they should showcase new guns and gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭FizzyCola

Decent programme. The next episode seems to be going along the same lines of plugging an airsoft site that 99% of the viewers will never get to.

The intro was far too long. Hopefully thats an episode one thing, I can see it getting more annoying with each episode. Someone clearly just learned how to add special affects.

They only showed a tiny amount of the 2 massive and apparently very unique sites. The video of the first site wasnt too bad. It let you get an overall feel of the place and it made me want to go there if I ever get the chance.

The 2nd one basically showed 2 rooms and a corridor after they gave a decent little intro and raved about the attic space of which we saw none.

A decent effort and hopefully it will improve with time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭sharpy2010

I haven't had a chance to watch this yet.
    @ Thermo its on again sat nite at 11pm I think
    After some of your reviews and not having watched it yet I'm still gonna be open minded on this show but just remember they have UKARA to worry about who probably helped fund the show and it's probably based on getting people in to the sport so they have to show them the basics first with the skirmishing act before people collect guns
    Now as I said I haven't watched it yet but once I do I'll leave you know if I'm your side of the fence lads

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

nothing you cannot find better on youtube (which tbh to me the content is more suitable to that medium)

Wasn't over the moon with it either to be honest , a bit sluggish in parts and basically an advertisement for that guy who owned those two sites.

Wasn't too keen on that cypher ( the Stig) guy didn't seem to do much other than get shot a lot ( maybe he was showing the sportsmanship of the sport ).
    Any ways we'll hold our breath till episode 2

Bit better tonight. The review of the site was a lot better in that it actually covered a decent part of the space available and showed more players in action.

The "cypher" thing doesn't work though. Filming from a player perspective is fine but too often he was looking down rather than giving a decent view of the field. There was some weird effects there as well at the start when they did some weird light filtering. At least we got to see more action than waiting in a corridor for ages!!

The 416 review wasn't bad but would have preferred to see more technical details about the gun and less about the attachments. M93R looked savage on full auto though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭sharpy2010

ShRT wrote: »
    Bit better tonight. The review of the site was a lot better in that it actually covered a decent part of the space available and showed more players in action.

The "cypher" thing doesn't work though. Filming from a player perspective is fine but too often he was looking down rather than giving a decent view of the field. There was some weird effects there as well at the start when they did some weird light filtering. At least we got to see more action than waiting in a corridor for ages!!

The 416 review wasn't bad but would have preferred to see more technical details about the gun and less about the attachments. M93R looked savage on full auto though!

Ya I do agree with most of it.
    Cypher thing! A gimmick been done before- spoiler ( we all know it's him-:-) )

The review was better but no down range/accuracy shots, as for a review he had exchanged like 30% of the external looks of the gunbut better than the Kriss review
    The m93r review could have been better ifhe studied more instead of look how fast I can shoot it
    The site look good and big
    Overall I found myself wandering less during the show so here is to hoping he gets better with confidence

• Advertisement

I missed it thought i had it set to record but now don't see it listed for repeat or anymore episodes either ?.

Advertisement