Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32gb Google Nexus 7 Tablet €149 on Ibood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Shamo

ewj1978 wrote: »
    1st time using ibood, simple process and 2 cheap nexus 7 ordered. :D

Dispatch date says the 13th so ill let ye know..

Ordered two myself there. As long as I get these before Christmas i'll be happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Does this tablet have a HDMI slot?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

whats the battery like on these guys?

The only thing thats holding me back is 1GB RAM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Macy0161 wrote: »
    I was surprised how many games prompt to buy credits, extra's, access to extra levels etc. I'll admit I've never tested just how easy it is to follow through the process, but I have heard and read some horror stories of parents getting hammered on bills, so me the restricted profile is an extra peace of mind.

You need to check the permission an app/game has when it installs. So that can't bring the kids to the app store. and allow them to buy anything. Android is a bit too open with this kinda stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Nope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭Macy0161

beauf wrote: »
    You need to check the permission an app/game has when it installs. So that can't bring the kids to the app store. and allow them to buy anything. Android is a bit too open with this kinda stuff.
    Any game/ app that's installed for them, I've tested it in the restricted profile and they haven't been able to do any of that. My totally non techie assumption is that the restricted profile trumps the permissions of the app (so far at least in my experience). But I'd be interested to hear if that wasn't necessarily the case.

forgot to ask are these wifi only or do they accept a sim too?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭cson

Just wondering on this too seeing as it doesn't have one; is there any way of hooking this up to a TV to watch Sky Go/Netflix etc via the TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

This is a wifi only model.

Regarding hooking up to TV, I can hook mine up via DLNA for youtube. As long as the app has a "share" button, then u can send to TV. However, I dont use Sky Go or Netflix so not sure if they're DLNA-enabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

If its a smart TV you could use DNLA. (Wireless)

If not you could get a DLNA WIFI HDMI adapter/dongle.

You might be better getting a Sky Go box and/or Apple TV or similar though. Or a Bluray or Media box that has all that on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Mike1961

I took the plunge at lunchtime ... yet another tablet in the house .. my old Archos, my not-so-old Samsung Galaxy Tab2 (7"), her ladyships Acer and now my 20 year old son's Google Nexus ...

Great for entertainment/browsing but real conversation killers... not that we talked much anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

Just FYI,

It is now

ASUS / Google ’s Nexus 7 32GB Android 4.2 Tablet (refurbished)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Sappy404

The Galaxy Tab 3 7" 8gb is £139 on Amazon at the moment:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DPJ8H8K/ref=s9_hps_bw_g147_i2?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0GVY5NDACG4E3RX3Y7GS&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=420361187&pf_rd_i=429892031

See "more buying choices" for the £139 price. Should be free delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

mtdelany wrote: »
    Just FYI,

It is now

ASUS / Google ’s Nexus 7 32GB Android 4.2 Tablet (refurbished)

Whoah, wtf! Thank you very much mtdelany, I didn't realise that at all - that completely changes the picture!
    I'm trying to cancel my order now (but typical IBOOD it is not easy as they ask for bank account details even though I paid via PayPal so I'll cancel with PayPal as well to be safe).

yeah just spotted that it says "refurbished"

glad I didnt pull the trigger

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

aye, just got an email from them there - hrm...! decide if Im that bothered

I can't speak for iBOOD's sources at all, but I bought an officially refurbished Samsung Galaxy Tab and it had the word refurbished all over the box when it arrived. Anyone who bought this as a Christmas present may want to reconsider.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

For those missing the SD card slot...

Get a USB OTG cable and a pendrive/HDD. Problem partially solved (the dangling cable/huge hdd can be a hassle to some)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭KazDub

I don't think I'm overly bothered by a refurb as (a) I have a refurbished Kindle that was as good as new and (b) this is for use by my kids, not a gift for anyone else. As I currently have a 1 year old Nexus 7 that's never had any problems, I can't imagine that a shortened warranty should be an issue.
    Android versions can be updated, so that's no biggie....

So, am I missing something, or do I just continue with my order?

• Advertisement

It's a personal decision KazDub but for me a refurb is second hand and there is no way I would have paid this price for a second hand tablet (not to mention I don't trust IBOOD should there be any issues with it).

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭ubeonek

This bargain blog is just great.

THANKS

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭KazDub

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    It's a personal decision KazDub but for me a refurb is second hand and there is no way I would have paid this price for a second hand tablet (not to mention I don't trust IBOOD should there be any issues with it).

I've never dealt with ibood before, do you know what they are like for customer service? My concern is trying to make sure that our two kids have the same Nexus, to avoid any arguments. I've been trying to get a Gen1 Nexus for a while now and haven't spotted any for sale, only the 2013 model. It probably is priced too high for a refurb, but sometimes it's worth paying extra to avoid tantrum-induced headaches!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Mike1961

Re feckin furbished .. don't know how I didn't spot that before I pulled the trigger ... the model now showing on the website is also running Android 4.3 whereas the earlier one (I think) was running 4.2...

Jaysus .. cancelled it now so hopefully will get the shillings back soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Ceist_Beag wrote: »

That is my biggest concern. I'm typing this message on a refurb Macbook Air but that was bought directly from Apple so I had confidence that they would react quickly if there was any issues.

Whereas it could be a nightmare dealing with iBood if anything went wrong. I mean who is your guarantee with? Ibood or Google? It would have been a nice Christmas present but I think I will cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Sappy404 wrote: »
    The Galaxy Tab 3 7" 8gb is £139 on Amazon at the moment:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DPJ8H8K/ref=s9_hps_bw_g147_i2?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0GVY5NDACG4E3RX3Y7GS&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=420361187&pf_rd_i=429892031

See "more buying choices" for the £139 price. Should be free delivery.

How would this compare to the ibood offer (assuming I don't care about it being refurbished)? Tablets are a weird black area of computing for me that I don't understand.

KazDub wrote: »
    I've never dealt with ibood before, do you know what they are like for customer service?

I have no prior experience either KazDub but they certainly seem to attract a lot more complaints than most online retailers so they don't inspire confidence.

Mike1961 wrote: »
    Jaysus .. cancelled it now so hopefully will get the shillings back soon enough

Mike did you originally pay by PayPal? There doesn't seem to be an option to cancel without putting in bank details but I paid via PayPal.

Toast wrote: »
    How would this compare to the ibood offer (assuming I don't care about it being refurbished)? Tablets are a weird black area of computing for me that I don't understand.

Comparison here: http://tabletrocket.com/tablets/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-3-7.0-vs-Google-Nexus-7

I'm not sure if that's the right model of Nexus 7 though. The other consideration (not factored in above) is that the Galaxy Tab on Amazon only has 8gb internal storage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

They're grand, they just take forever to post stuff - 2 months wouldn't surprise me.

Advertisement