Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32gb Google Nexus 7 Tablet €149 on Ibood

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

Ordered one to a relative in the UK who will post on here, happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

If you want to save a few euros, approx €129 inc PM for a refurbished 16GB Gen1 from Argos UK on Ebay
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ASUS-GOOGLE-NEXUS-16GB-WI-FI-7-INCH-TABLET-BLACK-/360795827593?clk_rvr_id=550667211980

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I didn't check stock. But this was the price listing in Argos Dún Laoghaire, South County Dublin, on the 19th of November.

The listing didn't state new or refurb. €169.99

8cpo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Search/searchTerms/1079061.htm?tag=ar:search:nexus46

Is this worth the saving, if your going up North anyway?

Also what is the difference between GOOGLE Nexus 7 and ASUS Nexus 7 (apart from the name!)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

just nailed the 2nd last one of this..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=331069396538

€152 through PM.

was so impressed with the ones I got for my kids that I bought one for my wife.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Lamposts

where's the cheapest and best place to get either a 16GB or 32GB one?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Lamposts wrote: »
    where's the cheapest and best place to get either a 16GB or 32GB one?

Groupon have new version for 215. I ordered one last Sunday but still waiting on delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Lamposts

meath4sam wrote: »
    Groupon have new version for 215. I ordered one last Sunday but still waiting on delivery.

cheers mate, only 8 hours left so I'm gonna have a quick look around if theres a better deal anywhere.. if not i'll grab it from there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭jharr100

Lamposts wrote: »
    cheers mate, only 8 hours left so I'm gonna have a quick look around if theres a better deal anywhere.. if not i'll grab it from there!

If you find a better deal let us all know! I'll be doing the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

I got a 16gb from game.co.uk for 149 pound and I think cpw uk has them for cheaper. And asda and tesco had them for 179 if im remembering right. There 16gb though.Take a nosey at hukd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭jharr100

I got a 16gb from game.co.uk for 149 pound and I think cpw uk has them for cheaper. And asda and tesco had them for 179 if im remembering right. There 16gb though.Take a nosey at hukd.

Just ordered a 32gb first gen nexus 7 refurbished with 6 month warranty from dabs.ie .. was around 143 euro inc delivery. . Sounded like good value to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

The Hut/Zavvi have 32 GB new for €147 (£120) link for those interested...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Lemlin wrote: »
    Looking to get a simple tablet for browsing for myself and games for my 4 year son (to keep him away from my iPhone).

Would this be good or would the Samsung at the cheaper price suit my needs?

Yep. Just install Xooloo and enter the PIN when you want to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Does the Nexus have hdmi port to display on TV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

toby2111 wrote: »
    Does the Nexus have hdmi port to display on TV?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

You can get a hdmi adapter for it though can't you? Looks like a USB on one side and HDMI on the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,003 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Thargor wrote: »
    You can get a hdmi adapter for it though can't you? Looks like a USB on one side and HDMI on the other?
    I think (might be wrong) you are thinking about a device (e.g. Blackberry Playbook) with a mini/micro? HDMI output? This looks like a micro-USB port, but is not.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah the Nexus 10 has one I assume the 7 does?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Grab a Chromecast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Thargor wrote: »
    Nexus 7 doesn't support MHL (the USB to HDMI you're thinking of is called that), but it does support Miracast, which is basically a variant of Chromecast that mirrors the display, not app specific. I'm fairly sure it does anyway, but only on the 2013 model. What you'd need there is just a Miracast receiver that plugs into the television, or a television that natively supports it.

https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2865484?hl=en

Google are fairly annoying with the limits they impose to push their own hardware. I think it's possible to get Miracast on other Nexus 7 models, but it's experimental.

• Advertisement
Advertisement