Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you would only hear or see in Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

There's a road here in Letterkenny, County Donegal and at one end of it we have the council offices, near the middle we have an ALDI store and at the other end a steel fabrication manufacturing business.

This is a busy two way system, but when you come out of the ALDI store there is a sign that says NO RIGHT TURN. But there is no right turn sign outside the other two buildings. Is this a case of something you would only see in Ireland.

the mainroad in letterkenny is the longest in europe though to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

The "Ah sure it'll be grand" attitude

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Eejits in the background of reports from the Galway Races smiling at the camera and ringing their family to tell them to put it on the telly.

Deadline Day, Sky Sports News - always happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Just look up any Healy-Rae quote. I am from Kerry and even I think they are fairly unique to Ireland.

Ah sure he's only been on a 3 day bender, only had 42 pints today. He's grand to drive home. Give him a permit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

I once saw a girl stand-up urinating out of a miniskirt on shop street in Galway.
    The street was wedged with people and all her friends were screaming at her and standing around her.
    They were all done up to the nines.

Funny and tragic, but mostly funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Still say cúnts writing in this thread

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Well I think this is something you only see in Ireland.

Ahhh, But in Ireland, sometimes the speed sign is a limit, sometimes it is a target...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

...bye, bye, bye, bye, bye, bye, bye, bye, bye, bye, bye, bye, bye, bye, slán , good luck now, see ya, bye, bye, bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

no matter the sheer amount that someone has drunk, if they get sick.....lightweight

• Advertisement
Advertisement