Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you would only hear or see in Ireland

Options
  • 18-10-2013 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭

There's a road here in Letterkenny, County Donegal and at one end of it we have the council offices, near the middle we have an ALDI store and at the other end a steel fabrication manufacturing business.

This is a busy two way system, but when you come out of the ALDI store there is a sign that says NO RIGHT TURN. But there is no right turn sign outside the other two buildings. Is this a case of something you would only see in Ireland.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Lovely green fields and beautiful accents.

(Better get this in before bankers,wankers and everything in between.)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

There's a road here in Letterkenny, County Donegal and at one end of it we have the council offices, near the middle we have an ALDI store and at the other end a steel fabrication manufacturing business.

This is a busy two way system, but when you come out of the ALDI store there is a sign that says NO RIGHT TURN. But there is no right turn sign outside the other two buildings. Is this a case of something you would only see in Ireland.

Cúnts writing this in a forum

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Well I think this is something you only see in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

kerry4sam wrote: »

they're in england

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hedgehog2

A weasel faced gombeen fianna faller on tv spouting about the state of the country and how the present country are driving our youth away with their cuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I found in Ireland you can use any term to describe how drunk you are and it would be understood for example if you said

Ah lad I was absolutely fiberglass windowed last night

They would be like ah man you must have been ****ed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

uch wrote: »
    Cúnts writing this in a forum

Reported.

Reported.

You did ask in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,052 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Not sure I can see the problem here? In fact I don't understand the question.

looksee wrote: »
    Not sure I can see the problem here? In fact I don't understand the question.

The question is, only things you would see or hear in this country that you wouldn't hear or see in other countries. Things that are peculiarly Irish.

• Advertisement

wazky wrote: »
    You did ask in fairness.

To be called a c**t? I don't think so, if that's all it takes to be called names on here it says a lot about how infantile some people on here are.

mackeire wrote: »
    they're in england
    English speed limit signs are in mph. ;)

EDIT: those images look photoshopped as well, but I have seen roads like the one on the right with 100kmh speed limits (I was on one today).

To be called a ****?

You left yourself open, should always get your insult in first.

kerry4sam wrote: »
    No overtaking signs on a single track road!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

A sign saying Kinale 15 km......then drive 5 miles then see another sign saying Kinsale 20 km

• Registered Users Posts: 6,520 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

You're not going to get much better than this OP:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Mariasofia wrote: »
    A sign saying Kinale 15 km......then drive 5 miles then see another sign saying Kinsale 20 km

You are going the wrong way?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Eejits in the background of reports from the Galway Races smiling at the camera and ringing their family to tell them to put it on the telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

This is a busy two way system, but what en you come out of the ALDI store there is a sign that says NO RIGHT TURN. But there is no right turn sign outside the other two buildings. Is this a case of something you would only see in Ireland.

You're missing quite a vital "NO" in your explanation. As in there is "no no right turn sign outside the other two buildings"
    No wonder this thread has gone tits up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Dublin.

Well, OK, there's 21 of them in the US as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

People getting jail sentences for calling garlic apples while corrupt bankers or politicians get sweatheart pensions.

Dublin.

Well, OK, there's 21 of them in the US as well.
    Mythbusters tried to reduce that number...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Shure Kinale and Kinsale must be two different places hey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

That's twilight zone ****. How do u people live like that!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

You took the wrong turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

People getting jail sentences for calling garlic apples while corrupt bankers or politicians get sweatheart pensions.

Lots of other countries jail people guilty of major tax fraud too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Birneybau wrote: »
    You are going the wrong way?

How do you go the wrong way on a straight feckin road?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

People taking the dole over a low income job . Then complaining that there is no job opportunities.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

mackeire wrote: »
    they're in england

Yeah, but thats the target speed in Ireland, its the max speed in England.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It's OK as long as you aren't the drunkest person in the room.

Advertisement