Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GTA V - Arrrgghh's!!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I find the choppers fine, very easy to control except for the excessive wobble, the planes have the same problem at times. Just left stick full forward at all times and hold right trigger all the way down, then vary pressure as needed on the left stick to vary speed or altitude.

Oh I know, I'm able to fly them but they're no fun. There is an excessive levelling of the helicopter that you always have to fight against, you can barely roll them. If this was done to make them easy to fly, it hasn't, and they should add a toggle to allow a more realistic flight model. Older GTA games let you switch to proper pitch, roll and yaw controls from the basic set for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

i chromed a bugatti maxed out everything on it, went on a bit of a mission thing and it dissappeared

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭Glico Man

i chromed a bugatti maxed out everything on it, went on a bit of a mission thing and it dissappeared

Check the police impound. If you've not done it already, purchase the garages for all characters. Cars stored there don't disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Yep I've now maxed out a Adder 3 times (bought once) and I cant find a single one now

you bought a car ????? there is a spawn point for the buggatti on youtube

http://youtu.be/MZG3JJ0TFRc

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

miralize wrote: »
    Yep I've now maxed out a Adder 3 times (bought once) and I cant find a single one now

I think it occurs towards the end of the story if not after, but when you zoom in on Michael, one of the cutscenes is him dropping his wife off to do some shopping near the Ponsobys nearest the golf club. In the cutscene he opens her door to let her out before proceeding to walk around to get back into the car. Across the road there'll be a free Adder 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I think it occurs towards the end of the story if not after, but when you zoom in on Michael, one of the cutscenes is him dropping his wife off to do some shopping near the Ponsobys nearest the golf club. In the cutscene he opens her door to let her out before proceeding to walk around to get back into the car. Across the road there'll be a free Adder 100%.

Yeah I know where it is, but I've only bought it once but maxed out 3 seperate cars and i cant find a single one

how does each character buy a garage, i have one owned by franklin, no more for sale ?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

how does each character buy a garage, i have one owned by franklin, no more for sale ?

think it's just the one near Grove St

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

I bought one and I think all my characters now have one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I know there's one for Trevor near the Ammunation in Pillbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Are fewer. And it doesn't make sense that every single car in the city is the exact same type.

That's due to the RAM limitations I'd imagine, I'm sure the first GTA on next gen will be amazing.

Also, what's with the condescending grammar nazi'ism?

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Check the police impound. If you've not done it already, purchase the garages for all characters. Cars stored there don't disappear.
    Where is the impound? I didn't even see a police station yet, other than the same one from being arrested.. mostly killed though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I don't think I bought any garages, yet I have the three?
    PeteK* wrote: »
    Where is the impound? I didn't even see a police station yet, other than the same one from being arrested.. mostly killed though!

It appears as a white car on your map. If it's not there, they don't have a car for that character.

Every safe house had a garage for saving cars but they were going missing before the patch haven't tried them since, my Bugatti wasn't in the car impound oh well off to the spawn for another

Pillbox garage works every time no missing cars

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I like stalking randomers in GTA games, in 4 they always had a job a place to eat and then home(some even cheated on their OHs). I would watch them carefully for days then murder them and follow their replacement and also murder them. All the AI had a purpose a place to go or something to do, even the gang bangers.

5 doesnt have that, the AI go in circles I have yet to find one with a purpose, even scooter buddy goes in a circle.

I dont like that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I like stalking randomers in GTA games, in 4 they always had a job a place to eat and then home(some even cheated on their OHs). I would watch them carefully for days then murder them and follow their replacement and also murder them. All the AI had a purpose a place to go or something to do, even the gang bangers.

5 doesnt have that, the AI go in circles I have yet to find one with a purpose, even scooter buddy goes in a circle.

They had to sacrifice some in order to have such a large map etc. I doubt many even noticed a change, that's how minor it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Hmmm, nothing unhealthy about that whatsoever... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Did they? Seemed like everyone just walked or drove around.

That's what they do in GTAV too but at least you can interact with them by holding the right button.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

"It rubs the lotion in its skin or else it gets the hose again"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

oh god i hope the daily mail doesn't find this post

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I like stalking randomers in GTA games, in 4 they always had a job a place to eat and then home
    :(
    Perhaps they lost their jobs, their homes were repossessed and they have no money for eating out. They are doomed to wander about aimlessly....sounds familiar, maybe the recession has hit Los
    Santos...

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Darkest Horse

It's only a small(ish) gripe but the GPS system in the cars has prevented me from suspending my disbelief in relation to the supposedly huge, sprawling Los Santos. A lot was, and is, made about how big the city is but if you travel to the edge of LS and place a waypoint at the direct opposite edge and drive to it, you'll see that the points are roughly only three miles apart. In my estimation, in terms of area, that ranks it somewhere between Mullingar and Dundalk in a list of the world's largest cities (or towns). There's no reason to believe that LS is larger than any other GTA city but not knowing the actual size of the city might have helped to create the opposite impression, hence ditch the distance metres next time.

On a related note, what's the story with every major American city being an island so far? Aren't there ways to finally get a GTA city on the mainland?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It's only a small(ish) gripe but the GPS system in the cars has prevented me from suspending my disbelief in relation to the supposedly huge, sprawling Los Santos. A lot was, and is, made about how big the city is but if you travel to the edge of LS and place a waypoint at the direct opposite edge and drive to it, you'll see that the points are roughly only three miles apart. In my estimation, in terms of area, that ranks it somewhere between Mullingar and Dundalk in a list of the world's largest cities (or towns). There's no reason to believe that LS is larger than any other GTA city but not knowing the actual size of the city might have helped to create the opposite impression, hence ditch the distance metres next time.

On a related note, what's the story with every major American city being an island so far? Aren't there ways to finally get a GTA city on the mainland?

The city/airport/docks is pretty much the same size and GTAIV Liberty City. And that's only about a third of the whole game map.

As for GTA being on the mainland, unless they revert to GTA1's idea of having a huge wall along the edge of the map (which would be negated anyway with all the planes and helicopters), I can't see it happening. It'd be far too hard to explain in any way that wouldn't be more ridiculous than the cities just being islands.

Unless the next game is "GTAVI: Under The Dome" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Darkest Horse

Penn wrote: »
    The city/airport/docks is pretty much the same size and GTAIV Liberty City. And that's only about a third of the whole game map.

As for GTA being on the mainland, unless they revert to GTA1's idea of having a huge wall along the edge of the map (which would be negated anyway with all the planes and helicopters), I can't see it happening. It'd be far too hard to explain in any way that wouldn't be more ridiculous than the cities just being islands.

Unless the next game is "GTAVI: Under The Dome" :D

Yeah but all the Elder Scrolls games are pretty much mainland settings. Anyway, they still must have to do something similar in the current GTA re flying off the map. What's stopping me flying or boating to Liberty City? Island or no island, it's all the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭pah

Yeah but all the Elder Scrolls games are pretty much mainland settings. Anyway, they still must have to do something similar in the current GTA re flying off the map. What's stopping me flying or boating to Liberty City? Island or no island, it's all the one.

that would be a nice easter Egg.

I'd like to find a games shop where you can play a short version of GTA1 or something, that would be sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Why can i only put one fighter jet in the big hanger i have at the airport? i put 2 in there, came back and i only had one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

etxp wrote: »
    Why can i only put one fighter jet in the big hanger i have at the airport? i put 2 in there, came back and i only had one :(

You can only fly one at a time :pac:. Besides which, if a plane/jet is stored in your hangar it's always there even if you crash one. Just go back to the hangar and you'll still have one. I've destroyed dozens of fighter jets as Trevor but there's always one in my hangar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Finally stole the fighter jet, wheeee! I fired a load of rockets at some stuff and then got away from the police choppers, lost my wanted level, dove out and chuted into the playboy mansion.

Like.
    a.
    boss.

Advertisement