Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Division 2 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

plenty of my players on the trade block - la dairymilk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Off to a pretty awful start and looking to re-jig my team a bit, so basically open to any trade offers (Cookie's Cowboys)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Gotta love waking up to a mammoth points haul from SNF.

73.70 points from Forte, Brown and the Bears D :D

Also, open to trade offers if anyone can offer me a starting RB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

FFS,

Lost my game by .5. What won it for the other team? A Janikowski PAT with 2 mins left in the Raiders game :(

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Gotta love waking up to a mammoth points haul from SNF.

73.70 points from Forte, Brown and the Bears D :D

Yeah, I was quietly confident of winning before SNF started & than your players started racking up the points.
    Very disappointed to lose, considering I put up the 3rd highest score in the league this week:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

So incredibly happy I didn't talk myself out of drafting Peterson #1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Masked Man wrote: »
    So incredibly happy I didn't talk myself out of drafting Peterson #1.

I picked him in the 2nd round last year and was ridiculed. Won me that league on his own. Kinda like real footballl

evil_seed wrote: »
    I picked him in the 2nd round last year and was ridiculed. Won me that league on his own. Kinda like real footballl

I was watching an episode of the league from last season and somebody said he shouldn't go earlier than the 3rd round!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Feeling pretty confident about my chances this week :pac:

8q8edW.png

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭JonnyF

arian foster and jason witten are killing me - every time i bench foster he pulls it out of the bag then next week i'm back to 4.90 points from him

• Advertisement

Wow. Caught a huge break to keep the number 2 seed, now that we have reached the playoffs.
    Needed to win my match to keep my spot but in the event that I lost (which I did), I needed "Show us your TDs" to lose to keep the division lead & both "LA Dairymilk" and "The Arsenal Jets" to also lose to retain that second seed, all of which happened thanks to three powerhouses in division 3, who all managed to finish with a record of 10-3:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Lionbacker wrote: »
    all of which happened thanks to three powerhouses in division 3, who all managed to finish with a record of 10-3:)

Pain in the arse for me. Tied for the best record of the 16 teams on 10-3, yet I'm still 6th seed as I'm 3rd in my own division :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

How many teams go down? All the teams 11-14 have the same record but I'm in 14th :(

Pain in the arse for me. Tied for the best record of the 16 teams on 10-3, yet I'm still 6th seed as I'm 3rd in my own division :o

Yeah. Never seen a situation where the three best records come from the same division. Very unusual.
    How many teams go down? All the teams 11-14 have the same record but I'm in 14th :(

4 go down, but you could be in luck if there are inactive players in higher divisions who get bumped down into the lowest league for the following season.
    For example only 2 players last year from this league actually got relegated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭me89

Missed out by one spot, finished on 8-5 the same as the two people above me in my division. :-(

Yeah. Never seen a situation where the three best records come from the same division. Very unusual.

I could've actually gotten into the playoffs with a losing record as well.

I think this is the third year in a row me and Tipperary Bulldogs will meet in the playoffs. Sucks that one of us won't get promoted this year.

It's typical that the week I'm on bye, my fantasy team decides to go off & score 154.20 points (the highest score in the league this season I believe)!
    I can only just hope that next week, when it matters, my players keep up the good form.

Will pretty much be the best week I've ever had in fantasy if I win this match after losing two top ten RBs and win in the PPR league.

Lionbacker wrote: »
    I can only just hope that next week, when it matters, my players keep up the good form.

And so they did. They have absolutely caught fire once the playoffs began, with another 150+ points performance in the semi's & the highest score of the week on Championship weekend which helped me take the title:)

Looking forward to next year now.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mattman_iflaf

Will draft conversation take place on this thread ?

• Advertisement

I sent a pm to the 4 new members of division 2 with a link for signing up.

A poll has been set up to decide the Draft time.

Vote here: http://doodle.com/asm66869hnxd5ebz#table

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

me89 wrote: »
    I sent a pm to the 4 new members of division 2 with a link for signing up.

A poll has been set up to decide the Draft time.

Vote here: http://doodle.com/asm66869hnxd5ebz#table

Last preseason game is Thursday August 28th so draft has to be after this and before Thursday September 4th (1st game) You should amend your options in the poll

Last preseason game is Thursday August 28th so draft has to be after this and before Thursday September 4th (1st game) You should amend your options in the poll

Good point. That's done so the draft will take place somewhere between the 29th and the 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

How's everything coming along in here?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

When is this poll being closed? Would like to know when the draft will be as I've to book a flight over that weekend. So just trying to figure out when to book for.

When is this poll being closed? Would like to know when the draft will be as I've to book a flight over that weekend. So just trying to figure out when to book for.

I'll keep the poll open until Friday evening, I'll send a pm to those who are yet to vote tomorrow.

It looks like the draft will be Monday 1st at 10 p.m, still waiting on two people to vote so I'll leave it open until 11 tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

What happens if 2 are tied? I've been selfishly editing my picks as I can only manually draft up until the Monday. Was ideally trying to get the Sunday night. Monday night may not suit me so I could have to remove my vote for that day which will tie at 9 a piece.

Poll is closed, Draft will be Monday the 1st at 10 p.m.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Takeaway ordered so I can get the last hour in studying for the draft without worrying about mundane things such as making healthy food.

Advertisement