Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Division 2 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

As it looks as if 10pm is going to win, can I suggest that the time per pick be reduced to 60 seconds? Other than that those of us with an early start the next day are screwed as the draft will run till after midnight, especially if there are autopicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭niall1811

I'm fine with reducing the time per pick there's nothing worse than a draft that drags on and on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

A 10pm draft and a 6am alarm dont' work well together so i'm all for shortening the picks as much as possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Hanners

Defiantly 60sec, draft will be done in an hour then. No need to prolong it

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭niall1811

I did a draft over the weekend for a 16 man league and it was done in 45 minutes. So long as people don't twiddle their thumbs we'll get through it quick. Autodraft is only taking 10 seconds which helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

The draft will be Wednesday at 10.
    I'm happy to go 60 seconds between picks if that's what people want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

me89 wrote: »
    The draft will be Wednesday at 10.
    I'm happy to go 60 seconds between picks if that's what people want.

I'm not too bothered, but at the risk of sounding like a bit of a jobsworth, I think changes to rules need to be voted on by the league as a whole, and that a proposed change to 60 seconds is mooted for next year.

One of the guys on the other board said it would knock about 8 minutes off a normal draft time. I think if everyone is up to speed most picks are done quite quickly. I will admit to needing the full 90 sometimes depending on where you are picking in the draft (i.e 2 picks in quick succession) and someone throws a curve by selecting someone you had lined up..or sometimes there is a run on a particular position and you need to mull things for a while, so the full 90 is handy to have for a couple of the picks.

Autopick does not hang around and chooses almost instantly, so it makes no difference whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Reducing to 60 seconds isn't going to save much time at all given how drafts usually go. 112 minutes if everyone took the full 90 seconds vs everyone taking the full 60. There will be a number of people autopicking the entire draft. Then also some people switch to autopick for the bench players. They will all be only 10 seconds. The early rounds tend to go by quick enough as the top 50 or so players are pretty much automatic selections. People know who they want. I personally use the queue as i put in a fair bit of research for my drafts. So i know who i will take during the middle to later rounds. I doubt i'm the only one that uses the queue and has done full research. On occasion i might require the full 90 seconds if i needed to search online for something really quick. So it's nice to have to full 90. But realistically i reckon most people draft quickly. Having the autopicks set to 10 seconds is the bigger help.

I don't mind if it's changed to 60. But as I said above it is nice to have the 90 seconds if you've overlooked something. And i'm up at 5:45. So time i something i'm conscious of as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭padraig_f

I prefer 90 seconds also, I can make most of my picks within 60 seconds, but you invariably have one or two in a draft where you don't know what the **** to do, and you need the full allocation.

Reminder....draft tonight, 10pm.

• Advertisement

Picking 8th.

1. Dez Bryant WR
    2. Lamar Miller RB
    3. Latavius Murray RB
    4. Brandon Marshall WR
    5. Chris Ivory RB
    6. John Brown WR
    7. Dwayne Allen TE
    8. Devin Funchess WR
    9. Jay Cutler QB
    10. Rueben Randle WR
    11. David Johnson RB
    12. Larry Donnell TE
    13. Denver Broncos DEF
    14. Dan Carpenter K

Wasn't crazy about my first few picks, but think I got decent depth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Joined the draft 20 mins late because I stupidly thought it was half 10 start. Had picked CJ Anderson and AJ Green along with Edelman and Watkins at that stage - the latter I probably wouldn't have gone for in place of Andre Johnson.

After that I was happy enough with how things went, took a chance at a few late picks and I'm light at RB if Abdullah doesn't play but someone always comes from nowhere on FA.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Joined the draft 20 mins late because I stupidly thought it was half 10 start. Had picked CJ Anderson and AJ Green along with Edelman and Watkins at that stage - the latter I probably wouldn't have gone for in place of Andre Johnson.

After that I was happy enough with how things went, took a chance at a few late picks and I'm light at RB if Abdullah doesn't play but someone always comes from nowhere on FA.

same, missed the first 8 rounds cause my sh!tty laptop decided to shut down and do a software update when i opened the draft and then it wouldnt reconnect to the wifi. :mad:
    i was left to select the bench fodder in a panic, the kicker and defence. :(

Calvin Johnson
    Julio Jones
    Jarvis Landry
    Rashad Jennings
    Tevin Coleman
    Cam Newton
    Jordan Cameron
    Victor Cruz
    Knile Davis
    Colin Kaepernick
    Dwayne Bowe
    Khiry Robinson
    Cincinnati Bengals
    Matt Prater

1433b2113f01312d693a5abca4747524.png

thats me relegated then....... :pac:

Had the 1st pick, which normally I'd be delighted about, but with no clear No 1 I went with Eddie Lacy. Bell is the better player but he misses 3 of the 13 regular season weeks so didn't want to use the 1st pick on someone I'd only use 10 times.

Ended up with:
    QB: Brady, Carr
    RB: Lacy, Bernard, Denard Robinson, Terrance West
    WR: Mike Evans, Roddy White, Larry Fitz, Marvin Jones (gamble), Moncrieff (a rushed and bad pick)
    TE: Jimmy Graham
    K: Tucker
    DEF: Lions

It looks as though I joined the draft 20 minutes late, but I'm afraid I was there the entire time and ended up with.....

DeMarco Murray RB PHI
    Randall Cobb WR GB
    Joseph Randle RB DAL
    Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT
    Eric Decker WR NYJ
    Tre Mason RB STL
    Darren McFadden RB DAL
    Seattle Seahawks DEF SEA
    Eddie Royal WR CHI
    Owen Daniels TE DEN
    Phillip Dorsett WR IND
    Antonio Gates TE SD
    Kenny Britt WR STL
    Blair Walsh K MIN

7797104BA4274775AE355947A8BC649E-0000335841-0003795869-00615L-C4A59A8E310E4967BB4140B258D7DC31.jpg

Picking 14th leaves 28 picks between selections, so I found myself really reaching down the order to grab players I thought might not be there the next time around. Really reached on Eric Decker, Eddie Royal and Owen Daniels. I'm hoping Fitzpatrick will be an upgrade at QB over Geno Smith, and with Brandon Marshall opposite, he may get some nice match ups. Royal had the best season of his career playing with Cutler in Denver, and with White out for a few weeks may be the no.2 target in Chicago. Manning turns average TE into stars, so here's hoping the trend continues with Daniels.

swoody wrote: »
    same, missed the first 8 rounds cause my sh!tty laptop decided to shut down and do a software update when i opened the draft and then it wouldnt reconnect to the wifi. :mad:
    i was left to select the bench fodder in a panic, the kicker and defence. :(

Calvin Johnson
    Julio Jones
    Jarvis Landry
    Rashad Jennings
    Tevin Coleman
    Cam Newton
    Jordan Cameron
    Victor Cruz
    Knile Davis
    Colin Kaepernick
    Dwayne Bowe
    Khiry Robinson
    Cincinnati Bengals
    Matt Prater

I had my eye on Julio and Jarvis Landry, but they either weren't there or too much of a reach early on to grab. I was hoping to nab Newton too, as with so few weapons around him, I think he'll be doing it all this year. Happy to go with a single QB though and hope for the best.

Benimar wrote: »
    Had the 1st pick, which normally I'd be delighted about, but with no clear No 1 I went with Eddie Lacy. Bell is the better player but he misses 3 of the 13 regular season weeks so didn't want to use the 1st pick on someone I'd only use 10 times.

Ended up with:
    QB: Brady, Carr
    RB: Lacy, Bernard, Denard Robinson, Terrance West
    WR: Mike Evans, Roddy White, Larry Fitz, Marvin Jones (gamble), Moncrieff (a rushed and bad pick)
    TE: Jimmy Graham
    K: Tucker
    DEF: Lions

Yeah, I don't think you could justify the no. 1 pick on a player you cannot play. Lacy or Anderson would have been my choices had I been there. Lacy blew up at the end of last year and won me the league - got off to a slow start though.

Your starting lineup is set though, really solid all the way through imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭wawaman

LOOKING TO DOMINATE, FOR WHOM ODELL TOLLS STOCKPILES WIDE RECEIVERS

Draft Grade: A+
    Proj Record: 11-2
    Proj Finish: 1

DRAFT SUMMARY
    For Whom Odell Tolls took advantage of picking 13th overall, building a roster that will give opponents fits this season. They were careful to balance their roster from the beginning, selecting a quarterback, two running backs, and two wide receivers with their first five picks. By the time all the picks were completed, For Whom Odell Tolls secured the top pair of quarterbacks in the league.
    In the 8th round, caution was thrown to the wind, as Michael Floyd was selected at pick number 116 versus an ADP of 138.1 across all NFL.com leagues.
    Hunting for deals throughout the draft, four ADP-based steals were snatched up (including Joique Bell, Stephen Gostkowski, and the Rams Defense).

Very happy with first 2 picks but next few after that are hoping for the best

QB: Andrew Luck
    RB: Joique Bell
    RB: Melvin Gordon
    WR: Michael Floyd
    WR: Odell Beckham
    WR: Amari Cooper
    TE: Austin Seferian-Jenkins
    Carson Palmer QB
    Fred Jackson RB
    Malcom Floyd WR
    Marqise Lee WR
    Julius Thomas TE
    Stephen Gostkowski K
    St. Louis Rams

poldebruin wrote: »
    Royal had the best season of his career playing with Cutler in Denver, and with White out for a few weeks may be the no.2 target in Chicago. Manning turns average TE into stars, so here's hoping the trend continues with Daniels.

I think Royal will work out well for you, he looked good in the pre-season and there seemed to be a comfort-level between him and Cutler.

The Bears website were suggesting fantasy team names, and I was tempted to use their suggestion of: Eddie Royal with Cheese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

I was predicted to only have 2 wins all year but that was a pretty good start and Terrance Williams should only get better with Dez out.

I have Bishop Sankey up for trade if someone needs a starting RB

• Advertisement

HigginsJ wrote: »
    I was predicted to only have 2 wins all year but that was a pretty good start and Terrance Williams should only get better with Dez out.

I have Bishop Sankey up for trade if someone needs a starting RB

What would you be looking for in return? I'm Walnut Wanderers if you want to take a look at my team.

What would you be looking for in return? I'm Walnut Wanderers if you want to take a look at my team.

Thank's was looking for a QB in return ideally so assuming you won't be trading Brady I don't think there is much else. What would I need to add to Sankey to pry Mike Evans away?

Thank's was looking for a QB in return ideally so assuming you won't be trading Brady I don't think there is much else. What would I need to add to Sankey to pry Mike Evans away?

You assume correct :D You can have Carr if you want though :pac:

I don't think we can work anything on Evans as he's my 2nd round pick. I doubt you would give up Hyde, I have Graham so don't want Kelce and I'm not sold on Yeldon.

You assume correct :D You can have Carr if you want though :pac:

I don't think we can work anything on Evans as he's my 2nd round pick. I doubt you would give up Hyde, I have Graham so don't want Kelce and I'm not sold on Yeldon.

Ah I picked up Johnny Football so I'm sorted :eek:

Ah I picked up Johnny Football so I'm sorted :eek:

Don't worry, Carr will still be available next week :D:D

Continuing my tradition of disastrous first-round picks...

Report: Dez Bryant out 10-12 weeks

I have made 2 trade offers there.

My 2 reserve running backs (Bishop Sankey and TY Yeldon) are available to trade if anyone is interested. Looking for WR help.

If anyone is looking for QB help, Derek Carr is on the Block (Walnut Wanderers)

Still looking for WR help. I have 4 rb's & willing to trade away any 2 of them. Carlos Hyde, Jeremy Hill, Bishop Sankey & TJ Yeldon.

• Advertisement

Forgot that the jags were on early today so didn't get Bortles & Yeldon into my team. Panic pick up of Jameis Winston & Matt Jones but can't see me winning

Advertisement