Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V - Arrrgghh's!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

That 3rd triathlon :mad: 20 minutes in and I ran over someone so the race was forfeited. My arm is about to fall off for nothing

I'm laughing at you now, if that's any consolation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

That 3rd triathlon :mad: 20 minutes in and I ran over someone so the race was forfeited. My arm is about to fall off for nothing

If it makes you feel any worse, you has less then 10 minutes to go :P

That is one thing I won't be doing again anyway. Might try and better my time in the first two, but no chance of trying the third again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    If it makes you feel any worse, you has less then 10 minutes to go :P

That is one thing I won't be doing again anyway. Might try and better my time in the first two, but no chance of trying the third again.

I cant believe its 30 minutes long. Its worse than 30 minutes cardio in the gym. Never again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

I was doing the first street race last night and had the initial chat with the guy. I had a motorbike with me at the time. I was told to go find a suitable vehicle so I jumped on my bike to go looking for a nice car. Pulled into the street and it was a total ghost town. I drove the around for a solid 15 minutes and there wasn't one moving car to be seen. At the side of the road there were two types of cars, a large SUV and the trans am lookalike. That was it.

This is exactly what had me roaring at the telly the other night and my flatmate thinking I was going to end up as one of these infamous GTA-inspired violence stories in the newspapers. I, too, spent about 15 ****ing minutes going on a motorbike tour of Los Santos looking for a car that wasn't one of those crappy cadillac-looking things, a taxi, or a bus. Even around Vinewood, where you'd normally see an abundance of flash cars, there was nothing but the same junker parked in driveways.. Eventually gave up and reloaded from my last save while swearing like a docker.

**** that kind of game mechanic with a red-hot poker. It's like Rockstar were deliberately trying to take any fun out of that mission. With this kind of crap, the overzealous police crap, and the crappy radio stations, the more of this game I play, the more disappointed I am. I haven't even gone near the triathlon missions, and judging by the posts about it I've seen so far, I bet I won't even bother finishing them.

What happened to games being fun instead of frustrating? Wasn't that originally supposed to be the whole point of games?

I haven't even gone near the triathlon missions, and judging by the posts about it I've seen so far, I bet I won't even bother finishing them.

What happened to games being fun instead of frustrating? Wasn't that originally supposed to be the whole point of games?

The first two are grand. Both only about 3/4 minutes. Only the third one is a monster. It's not frustratingly hard, it just takes ages. I won it on my first attempt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I was about 10mins in and leading going down towards the beach, hit a lamp post and everyone flew passed me, cycled towards the end of the pier and hit a bin, fell again and just gave up in a rage. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭OcocO

First time I tried to log in to WL with this game and it asked me for my password - hasn't done this in years. Couldn't remember it and WL support not able to help. Anyone else have this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

This is exactly what had me roaring at the telly the other night and my flatmate thinking I was going to end up as one of these infamous GTA-inspired violence stories in the newspapers. I, too, spent about 15 ****ing minutes going on a motorbike tour of Los Santos looking for a car that wasn't one of those crappy cadillac-looking things, a taxi, or a bus. Even around Vinewood, where you'd normally see an abundance of flash cars, there was nothing but the same junker parked in driveways.. Eventually gave up and reloaded from my last save while swearing like a docker.

I reckon this is either a Bug or Intentional.... It happened to me too except EVERYTHING was those SUV/People Carrier things and I mean everything... not even any taxis.... If it had happened to just me, i'd say something. But it's happened to a bunch of us

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Take them to the cult! :D

havent found the cult yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

OcocO wrote: »
    First time I tried to log in to WL with this game and it asked me for my password - hasn't done this in years. Couldn't remember it and WL support not able to help. Anyone else have this?

LOL WUT?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

i keep getting texts from pitchers about doing stock runs, how the fffff do you do them i went to the bar and nothing happened

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

OcocO wrote: »

:confused: It's not out on PC yet? or do you mean you xbox live password?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I just got busted for the first time! I was driving away from some soldiers and my car got wedged in a tree. :(

Next time I'm just going to blow myself up, because damn, that was harsh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

**** that kind of game mechanic with a red-hot poker. It's like Rockstar were deliberately trying to take any fun out of that mission. With this kind of crap, the overzealous police crap, and the crappy radio stations, the more of this game I play, the more disappointed I am. I haven't even gone near the triathlon missions, and judging by the posts about it I've seen so far, I bet I won't even bother finishing them.

It was nighttime, there is less cars at nighttime.

It makes sense.

Also, you can buy good cars off the internet in game for cheap enough if you're really stuck.

I just got busted for the first time! I was driving away from some soldiers and my car got wedged in a tree. :(

Next time I'm just going to blow myself up, because damn, that was harsh.

Start shooting like hell. The cops will just shoot back. I've continued my proud record of having not gotten busted since early in SA.

Start shooting like hell. The cops will just shoot back. I've continued my proud record of having not gotten busted since early in SA.

Honestly, I'd been starting to think you couldn't get busted in this. They were firing and I was firing and it was all fine until I got wedged in the tree.

I didn't realise how close they'd gotten either, turns out the soldier's jeeps are much better cross country than the cops interceptors...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Honestly, I'd been starting to think you couldn't get busted in this. They were firing and I was firing and it was all fine until I got wedged in the tree.

I didn't realise how close they'd gotten either, turns out the soldier's jeeps are much better cross country than the cops interceptors...:(

I got accidentally busted when taunting a woman, didn't realise her uniform until she turned around and arrested me.

miralize wrote: »
    I got accidentally busted when taunting a woman, didn't realise her uniform until she turned around and arrested me.

:D

Was that out in that crummy little medical centre in the desert? That's the only area in the game that seems to spawn female cops, oddly. Ones that clearly value manners, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

:D

Was that out in that crummy little medical centre in the desert? That's the only area in the game that seems to spawn female cops, oddly. Ones that clearly value manners, too.

Yes :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,376 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Not really a fan of the flying, especially the helicopter. Once i'm in the air its fine but when you have to try pick up something by hovering over it, I end up all over the shop. Can be really annoying when you have to start over and spend another 3/4 minutes just to reach the destination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Weirdly, I can land them no problem. It's turning them and picking up speed that bugs me. I find just basically levelling it out, then dropping 'er, lands them ok. Not crash landed one yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

siblers wrote: »
    Not really a fan of the flying, especially the helicopter. Once i'm in the air its fine but when you have to try pick up something by hovering over it, I end up all over the shop. Can be really annoying when you have to start over and spend another 3/4 minutes just to reach the destination.

Dip the tail when your holding LT/L2. I find that the easiest way to get a steady landing

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

The helicopter handling is terrible, there's something seriously wrong with it. It's much easier to get a bit of speed in first person view but the nose just won't stay down. They have no momentum and are far too floaty. That and the excessive wobble.
    I really hope it's something they will fix.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

i keep getting texts from pitchers about doing stock runs, how the fffff do you do them i went to the bar and nothing happened

On your mini map there will be a P (property), go to that. It'll be a truck full of stock that you'll have to deliver to Pitchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

It was nighttime, there is less cars at nighttime.

It makes sense.

Are fewer. And it doesn't make sense that every single car in the city is the exact same type.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

The car transporter trailers. I have not seen it anywhere, but I don't think there is a way of getting cars off these is there?

Are fewer. And it doesn't make sense that every single car in the city is the exact same type.

I do see waves of this. It's quite annoying to suddenly see only tide after tide of one particular type of car, somewhere you know should have others.

Although, I remember in GTA3 in particular, sometimes something weird would happen and the only car you could see for a while would be whatever you were in at the time.

On that note, is there any detectable pattern as to when I might nab an Army truck or jeep outside the fort gates? I've seen convoys of them occasionally, but other times all I can find is civilian jeeps or what have you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Sparky wrote: »
    The car transporter trailers. I have not seen it anywhere, but I don't think there is a way of getting cars off these is there?

I stopped one , climbed onto the trailer and walked into the tail of the trailer and it pushed down , went to get a car to see if I could load the truck and the trailer disappeared :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

5uspect wrote: »
    The helicopter handling is terrible, there's something seriously wrong with it. It's much easier to get a bit of speed in first person view but the nose just won't stay down. They have no momentum and are far too floaty. That and the excessive wobble.
    I really hope it's something they will fix.

I find the choppers fine, very easy to control except for the excessive wobble, the planes have the same problem at times. Just left stick full forward at all times and hold right trigger all the way down, then vary pressure as needed on the left stick to vary speed or altitude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

scwazrh wrote: »
    I stopped one , climbed onto the trailer and walked into the tail of the trailer and it pushed down , went to get a car to see if I could load the truck and the trailer disappeared :mad:

I find the trailers always un spawn from the truck you rob once you leave it. Very annoying.

Advertisement